Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fredrik Ulvestad signs from Burnley (season long loan)

Comments

• Options
    5 games last season for burnley. And how many minutes did he play in them games? Slade say he is extremely fit and a box to box player.
    I wonder how Slade knows any of this the guy doesn't play much. Maybe he's a success of our scouting network.
    Anyway welcome to weirdest club in the league, it's only for 8 months.
  • Options
    seven appearances in English football. Forgive me if I'm not overwhelmed by this.
  • Options

seven appearances in English football. Forgive me if I'm not overwhelmed by this.

you are forgiven
  • Options
    A Brussell signing or a Mowgli lap top signing? Burnley mate tells me he is a decent player, played a fair number of games, solid and steady.
  • Options
    Questions . .?

Does he know how to pass forwards and not just back or sideways?
    Has he ever been seen in the other teams half ?
    Can he run and assist the forwards , or does he stand at halfway and watch !
    Has he ever been in the opposition box ?

Positive response to these makes him at least a half decent signing.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

The midfielder joins from Burnley until the end of the season

George Jones reports

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of Fredrik Ulvestad on a season-long loan deal from Burnley.

The 24-year-old midfielder becomes Russell Slade’s 11th signing of the summer.

Slade said: “Fredrik is a box-to-box type of midfielder. He has loads of energy, can cover ground effectively and is very tidy on the ball as well.

“He’s extremely fit and has probably been a bit unlucky to not have had more of an opportunity at Burnley. He’ll add a different dimension to us. He’s different to what we have got and that is exactly what I wanted.”

Ulvestad began his professional career with his hometown club Aalesunds FK, making his debut in 2010 at the age of 17.

He scored his first goal for the club against Sogndal IL in April 2011 and, the following season, he established himself as a regular in Aalesunds’ midfield.

In total, he made 132 appearances for the club during a four-year period, scoring 20 goals.

In 2015, he made the switch to Burnley and, last season, played five times in the Championship as the Clarets won promotion to the Premier League.

Ulvestad is also a full Norway international, having gained one cap in 2014, and has also represented his country at U23, U21 and U20 level.

=================================================================

So he sounds a bit like Cousins, but plays only about 1/8th of the games Jordan did.... Still that must make him cheaper, everybody wins.......go Roland, go Roland....

His first touch might be better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club need someone to wash the shirts a bit better the white shoulders are clearly not Persil White any longer. Shocking
  • Options

I'm just glad he hasn't got a name you can milk a thousand crap puns out of.

That is an Ulvestad thing to say.
  • Options
    Let's be honest. The criteria was that he had to be free, accept low wages. As we had waited until the last minute due to the incompetence of the management he is probably as good as we could get. Rather have him in the squad than nobody at this stage!
  • Options
    Contracted until Sept 17, so at end of season his time is likely to become a free agent, unless he re-signs.
  • Options
    What does the kid with the laptop say?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I'm just glad he hasn't got a name you can milk a thousand crap puns out of.

This is CL. Give it time and someone will crowbar in the worlds worst pun for Fredrik Stensøe Ulvestad.
    I hope that after his loan spell he'll do well enough that we'll be hoping he'll Ulvestay.

Kicking us off by setting the bar incredibly low.
  • Options
    Pretty low.

Ulvestay, Ulverstad
    Don't Stayprix, go pricks

• Options
    I really don't know anything about him. Slightly concerned that he can't even get into a terrible Norway team but maybe that's to do with his lack of appearances for Burnley. As with any new player, I'll wait to see how he does. We needed a CM and we got one, that's something at least
  • Options
    I agree with this. Looks like we had a late shortlist and we didn't win but we had backup plans and got someone in who may or may not set the world on fire but is a skill set we just didn't have left.

While i would have liked to be in a position where we have top talent rushing to join, we aren't.

I wish him the best of luck, look forward to seeing him play and hope it all clocks for him under Russell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Luckily the main objective is not about overwhelming you
  • Options
    I guess that with what Slade has available, the job of creative midfielder will be ulvestad in Fredrik for this season.

Off to bed. Long day.
  • Options
    Took a lot of penalties for his Norwegian club.

The new Yoni Buyens.

• Options
    I'm pleased we have Ulvestad here and let's be Frank, it seemed we were running out of options.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    25May98 said:

I guess that with what Slade has available, the job of creative midfielder will be ulvestad in Fredrik for this season.

Off to bed. Long day.

Holmes already has that job nailed. We've won 3 promotions in my 28 years following this rabble.

97/98 - midfield Newton, Kins, Jones, Robbo

99/00 - Newton, Stuart, Kins, Robbo

11-12 - Green, Stephens, Hollands, Jacko

True, we did have some flair type players like Morts kicking around at least some of the time, and Kins was just all round quality, but from those sides we never had a real creative player in the first eleven.

Based on what he has done so far I'd argue Holmes is more of natural flair player than any of those listed above.
  • Options

Ulvested is not a creative midfielder. He is more of an aggressive box to box type who doesn't create much for others but is good at linking up play and has a decent long distance shot. Probably best served in a five man midfield. I am curious if a 352 would work. Solly/fox as wing backs. Crofts/ulvestad in the center. Holmes as the attacking midfielder. Some combination of macgennis, lookman , Novak or ajose up front. JJ as a consistent impact sub and occasional starter. That being said slade seems more of a traditional 442 guy.

The same is true of Thompson. I suspect Slade may play Wolf City narrow on the right and Holmes on the left. I still don't really understand where our creativity in the center of the park is going to come from, or how we're going to break our habit of sideways, stagnant possession we've had during stretches of matches.
  • Options
    I'll not judge him until I've seen him play ... Which be never. But I wish him well and I hope this pushes the team on. Always want Charlton to win despite my boycott #DuchateletOUT #MeiireOUT (then I'll be back)
  • Options

5 games last season for burnley. And how many minutes did he play in them games? Slade say he is extremely fit and a box to box player.
    I wonder how Slade knows any of this the guy doesn't play much. Maybe he's a success of our scouting network.
    Anyway welcome to weirdest club in the league, it's only for 8 months.

I wonder what the chances are that Slade has not seen him play live and he is talking a load of poo.