Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the most conventionally-outrageous opinion you hold?

Comments

• Options

Greenie said:

That Child benefit should be abolished, you want kids, you pay for them.

Unfortunately there are far too many arsehole 'fathers' in this world for that to ever work
    Then they should be put up against a wall and shot.
  • Options
    Religious people can't park their cars very well
  • Options
    That their is a correlation between being boring and not having the social skills the realise that the person you are talking to is bored, and facial hair
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Religious people can't park their cars very well

Like my wife. She always shouts out "oh god" when trying to park.
  • Options
    Millwall

you should only be allowed to vote if either in current tax paying employment or if you have racked up a certain amount of tax paying worker "voter credits" over the years.

(that would only be for those able to work and there would be exceptions for certain people, carers etc)

No representation without taxation. The Americans are already tip toeing around this. I can see it being a reality within 10 years.
  • Options

Millwall

you should only be allowed to vote if either in current tax paying employment or if you have racked up a certain amount of tax paying worker "voter credits" over the years.

(that would only be for those able to work and there would be exceptions for certain people, carers etc)

No representation without taxation. The Americans are already tip toeing around this. I can see it being a reality within 10 years.
    Probably the only way to deal with the 'Welfare State'. As soon as they are not allowed to vote the Politicians will grow the backbone to stop paying them to sit at home smoking dope and watching Jeremy Kyle.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Millwall

Do they get to opt out of VAT then? Everyone pays tax. I'm as right wing as the best of them but everyone pays tax. The money that's given to the feckless is just spent in the local economies generally so is just a reinjection into local economies

Having said that you could almost guarantee an election win by saying you would increase pensions 20%, job seekers benefit 20%, and cut prison sentences 20%, and maybe if you need to guarantee the votes of idiots, increase inheritance tax 20%. Done.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Couple of quick questions, if I may?

How old are your children now?

How much of the Child Benefit that you received did you give back?

"Pull the ladder up Jack!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supporting England when I'm half Scottish and live in Glasgow.
  • Options

Millwall

Bad idea IMO. Allows the tax-dodger to feel justified in their actions, if they are not bothered about voting (& there will be plenty who'd be happy to lose that right, I'm sorry to say)
  • Options

Supporting England when I'm half Scottish and live in Glasgow.

outrageous!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Couple of quick questions, if I may? No you may not.

How old are your children now?

How much of the Child Benefit that you received did you give back?

"Pull the ladder up Jack!"
    The rest of your post is redundant.
    Except that it makes it look more likely that the last line is appropriate. I'm indifferent about Child Benefit - I get some for my son but it's a fraction of the Tax I pay but I just think it's hypocritical for people to change the rules when they have finished qualifying for the benefit.

If you have young children and this change would affect you as much as others then I apologise, unreservedly, but if your children have all grown up and you took the money but think that the next generation shouldn't get it then that is a little harsh, in my view.
  • Options
    Dogs are disgusting.
  • Options
    The State should not pay a pension to people purely because they have reached a certain age.

If people are unable to work because they are too sick, they should receive disability living allowance (or similar). If they are unable to find work despite being able and willing to work, they should receive jobseeker's allowance (or similar). Conditions for the above (proof of disability/applying for jobs) should be basically the same for all persons, regardless of age.
  • Options
    95% of the population are genuinely too stupid and ill-informed to be allowed to have the vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trump will be President.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

95% of the population brexiteers are genuinely too stupid and ill-informed to be allowed to have the vote.

Fixed it for you...
  • Options
    A written apology should be sent to PL54 immediately along with a cheque to entice him back on here. He's a top fella
  • Options
    Libido is the single biggest inhibitor to mankind's intellectual and material advancement.

(Oh, 'ang on, I've spotted a flaw)