Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the most conventionally-outrageous opinion you hold?

Comments

• Options
    Every tom , dick and harry fucktard who slows down to rubber neck at an accident/ flahing emergency service lights etc should be punched for being a divvy twunt

ignore it all and we can all get along with our business at a reasonable time rather than fannying around so you divs can look at a crunched up car or whatever it is
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

jams said:

I believe religion will come to be seen in a similar way to witchcraft is now

I truly believe mankind will not move on in any significant way until religion is seen as such.
    Fully agree. In my view more developed countries = less religious (America aside)
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

That Child benefit should be abolished, you want kids, you pay for them.

Couple of quick questions, if I may? No you may not.

How old are your children now?

How much of the Child Benefit that you received did you give back?

"Pull the ladder up Jack!"
    The rest of your post is redundant.
    Except that it makes it look more likely that the last line is appropriate. I'm indifferent about Child Benefit - I get some for my son but it's a fraction of the Tax I pay but I just think it's hypocritical for people to change the rules when they have finished qualifying for the benefit.

If you have young children and this change would affect you as much as others then I apologise, unreservedly, but if your children have all grown up and you took the money but think that the next generation shouldn't get it then that is a little harsh, in my view.
    Mate I was just being a bit cheeky. ;o)
    My kids are grown up however when we were claiming child benefit I didn't necessarily agree with it but who turns down free money? Only an idiot.
    There is a huge shortfall in government money so a law should be passed to say in 5 years time there will be no child benefit.
    The same goes for maternity and paternity leave, you want kids then pay for them yourselves.
  • Options
    That human beings are a cancer upon this planet and will eventually wipe themselves out. I believe that to be the answer to the Fermi paradox and why we don't see aliens... We are on a technological course for self destruction
  • Options

That people who tar people with a different point of view to their own with a grotesquely stereotypical brush along the lines of
    "Guardian reading happy clappy knit your own yogurt lefties"
    or
    "Daily Mail reading xenophobic fascist right wing sieg heilers."
    without engaging in adult debate are, invariably, twats.

I reckon that many people come to hold such opinions as a result of having engaged in debate.
    Maybe, but the sweeping statements often seem misjudged, lazy and symptomatic of twattery.
  • Options
    Gingers are in fact the master race!
  • Options
    And I was actually a really good manager
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

That human beings are a cancer upon this planet and will eventually wipe themselves out. I believe that to be the answer to the Fermi paradox and why we don't see aliens... We are on a technological course for self destruction

“You think man can destroy the planet? What intoxicating vanity. Let me tell you about our planet. Earth is four-and-a-half-billion-years-old. There's been life on it for nearly that long, 3.8 billion years.

Bacteria first; later the first multicellular life, then the first complex creatures in the sea, on the land. Then finally the great sweeping ages of animals, the amphibians, the dinosaurs, at last the mammals, each one enduring millions on millions of years, great dynasties of creatures rising, flourishing, dying away -- all this against a background of continuous and violent upheaval.

Mountain ranges thrust up, eroded away, cometary impacts, volcano eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving, an endless, constant, violent change, colliding, buckling to make mountains over millions of years.

Earth has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us. If all the nuclear weapons in the world went off at once and all the plants, all the animals died and the earth was sizzling hot for a hundred thousand years, life would survive, somewhere: under the soil, frozen in Arctic ice.

Sooner or later, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would spread again. The evolutionary process would begin again. It might take a few billion years for life to regain its present variety.

Of course, it would be very different from what it is now, but the earth would survive our folly, only we would not. If the ozone layer gets thinner, ultraviolet radiation sears the earth, so what? Ultraviolet radiation is good for life. It's powerful energy. It promotes mutation, change. Many forms of life will thrive with more UV radiation. Many others will die out. Do you think this is the first time that's happened?

Think about oxygen. Necessary for life now, but oxygen is actually a metabolic poison, a corrosive glass, like fluorine. When oxygen was first produced as a waste product by certain plant cells some three billion years ago, it created a crisis for all other life on earth. Those plants were polluting the environment, exhaling a lethal gas. Earth eventually had an atmosphere incompatible with life.

Nevertheless, life on earth took care of itself. In the thinking of the human being a hundred years is a long time. A hundred years ago we didn't have cars, airplanes, computers or vaccines. It was a whole different world, but to the earth, a hundred years is nothing. A million years is nothing. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can't imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven't got the humility to try. We've been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we're gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us.”

― Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park / Congo

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some decisions are too complex and the outcome too far-ranging for them to be put to the vote. I vote for, and pay for through my taxes, politicians and civil servants who I entrust with such decisions - I don't expect them to come back to me every 5 minutes to check that what they're doing is alright with me, or worse, expect me to make decisions for them.
  • Options
    That mutilating the genetalia of cats and dogs in the name of pet ownership is horrifically grotesque and immoral.

And don't give me any of that: "if we didn't do it, there'd be loads of them" nonsense
  • Options
    That gravity is a con made up to justify the airline industry.

And don't give me any of that "fundamental force of the universe" nonsense.
  • Options

That mutilating the genetalia of cats and dogs in the name of pet ownership is horrifically grotesque and immoral.

And don't give me any of that: "if we didn't do it, there'd be loads of them" nonsense

I can understand neutering animals. I can't understand docking tails which luckily seems to be happening less.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

IVF on the NHS should be banned. There's too many people in the country already. Shocking waste of money.

Why should only the rich get to overpopulate the planet? Ban it completely.
  • Options

Every tom , dick and harry fucktard who slows down to rubber neck at an accident/ flahing emergency service lights etc should be punched for being a divvy twunt

ignore it all and we can all get along with our business at a reasonable time rather than fannying around so you divs can look at a crunched up car or whatever it is

The thread title said 'outrageous' but your opinion is just common sense.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I can understand neutering animals. I can't understand docking tails which luckily seems to be happening less.
    illegal now, unless on medical reasons. As is clipping ears.....
  • Options
    The NHS has become a sacred cow which no one dares to question. It is in desperate need of reform but no politician dares to even go near it and very few people are prepared to pay the extra tax that is needed to fund it even though they all go on about how much they love it. And even if we invested very much more of our GDP it would never be enough to satisfy the increasing, often ludicrous unrealistic, demands. There are so many ways we could save money, though (although never enough) - for a start there ought to be a NHS card which needs to be produced by British contributors as proof of residency in order to stop the huge number of health tourists. And secondly, with the enormous clout that that it could have in the market place, the NHS should stop supinely paying the outrageous prices demanded by drugs companies for their goods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a useful place in society for ginger people. :smiley:
  • Options

Let's just do it to palarce fans pleeeease
  • Options
    Compulsory euthanasia at 80.

You will know exactly how long to spend your pension pot increasing spending in the economy.

Houses get passed to next generation on proviso they sell current house increasing property liquidity for younger generations

NHS Beds and NHS money are freed up.

You don't spend your days dribbling your food down your chin and wetting yourself.

Nothing important has been invented by an 86 year old.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Compulsory euthanasia at 80.

You will know exactly how long to spend your pension pot increasing spending in the economy.

Houses get passed to next generation on proviso they sell current house increasing property liquidity for younger generations

NHS Beds and NHS money are freed up.

You don't spend your days dribbling your food down your chin and wetting yourself.

Nothing important has been invented by an 86 year old.

You talking about me
  • Options

The thread title said 'outrageous' but your opinion is just common sense.
    Except insofar as the fact that one has to slow down when the car in front does first.

Any proponent of the idea that one mustn't slow down when the car in front does is obviously concerned that there are far too few accidents.
  • Options
    Non-working pensioners are a drain on society. They should be put down at birth.
  • Options
    ....aaaaaand I'm back! Going well, folks!
  • Options
    Leaderboard:

#3 Greenie - scrap all child benefits (but I used them myself)!
    #2 MrOneLung - Logan's Lung!
    #1 isn't even on this thread, but it's SHG calling for an 18-month minimum sentence for spitting :D

Keep it up and we'll see plenty of changes yet - perhaps a new contender for the crown will emerge!