Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Katrien Meire on holiday again?

Comments

• Options

As much as I dislike what she has done & is doing to our great club I was wondering if she is suffering some sort of breakdown. We have not heard much from her lately & she must be feeling the pressure as after all she is human.

She can resign whenever she wants.

Ok, We all need a job.

We all need money.

So maybe she should start applying for something that she's better at instead of continuing to kid herself that this will eventually come good.

The kindest thing I could possibly say is wake up and smell the coffee. Your employer has got a lot of things wrong. If your "having a breakdown" it's your fault and it's his fault.

• Options
    I wonder if she is there but watching from somewhere more private - ie a box. Even she knows she is the target for protests, so one way to draw the sting out of them is not to be visible, especially as she is now alone with Richard Murray's departure. Her only human shield now is Sue and even Katrien must draw a line at having to endure that for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I wonder if she is there but watching from somewhere more private - ie a box. Even she knows she is the target for protests, so one way to draw the sting out of them is not to be visible, especially as she is now alone with Richard Murray's departure. Her only human shield now is Sue and even Katrien must draw a line at having to endure that for 90 minutes.

Murray was there yesterday.
  • Options

mogodon said:

Murray was there yesterday.
    Confirmed.
    As was Paul Elliott.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

As much as I dislike what she has done & is doing to our great club I was wondering if she is suffering some sort of breakdown. We have not heard much from her lately & she must be feeling the pressure as after all she is human.

Doubt she's suffering at all, completely screwed up the job but Uncle Roland continues to support her. She is bullet-proof and continues to believe in her self-worth because of the university award and her election to various committees.

Crazy as it sounds, in her mind she has done a great job incredibly well in difficult circumstances.

She will eventually move to another job in Roland's empire with no qualms for what she has done to our club.

We need to make it incredibly difficult for her by keeping the pressure on but, come what may, she doesn't really care.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Sadly I don't think you are.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Could be a simple answer to this.

Maybe she avoided Fleetwood because she knows that their Chairman has a low opinion of her, and missed Wimbledon because of the fan involvement on their board?

Basically, she just didn't want to be there.

She usually relishes these situations. My bet is she's on holiday with a girlfriend dreaming of a more high profile job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the secretary's wife.

I take it this woman is not on the payroll?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Interesting thought. At the match yesterday, my mind wandered off the game for a minute and I looked around the stadium (no, I'm not Chris Solly). I noticed that in the second box along from the Covered End a meeting was going on and there was a woman sitting with her back to the window, talking to the others in the room. For me it was a real WTF moment, as I questioned why on earth anyone would go to a game and sit with their back to it (other than as a protest at how bad it was). I've no reason at all to think it was Mare other than the fact she had shortish dark hair, but the idea she was in a meeting or something isn't impossible.
  • Options
    Was she trying to get Varney's attention as he was watching the match over her shoulder?
  • Options

"Sue Parkes: Katrien has a myriad of things to do on match days and often there are meetings held of which fans aren't aware. With respect it doesn't really matter who is there to meet and greet the oppositions Directors as long as someone is. Many fans won't like me saying it (no such thing as a free seat!!) but I am the one who often hosts the Away Directors until Senior Management are free to take their place in the Boardroom for lunch. I have a Staff Pass with access to not only the Boardroom but all the other Lounges. As Chris and I travel to all Home and Away games and also the Chairmens' conference in the summer and have done so for many years we actually know far more of the Owners, Directors and Senior Staff from all the other clubs than many other people associated with Charlton over the years with the exception of Richard Murray."

Well bully for you Sue you absolute trooper you!!

(In fact, you're nothing more than a slimey sycophant who gets an incredible amount of satisfaction out of sucking up to those who you perceive to be influential and important. You're the type of person in the workplace who bends over backwards to keep the boss sweet by pandering to their every whim, whilst at the same time being pants at what you're actually paid to do. Sadly, the world is full of people like you).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Sue Parkes: Katrien has a myriad of things to do on match days and often there are meetings held of which fans aren't aware. With respect it doesn't really matter who is there to meet and greet the oppositions Directors as long as someone is. Many fans won't like me saying it (no such thing as a free seat!!) but I am the one who often hosts the Away Directors until Senior Management are free to take their place in the Boardroom for lunch. I have a Staff Pass with access to not only the Boardroom but all the other Lounges. As Chris and I travel to all Home and Away games and also the Chairmens' conference in the summer and have done so for many years we actually know far more of the Owners, Directors and Senior Staff from all the other clubs than many other people associated with Charlton over the years with the exception of Richard Murray."

God knows what the visiting Directors must think.
    They probably scratch their heads and laugh.
  • Options
    TeslaGirl said:

Didn't think you were staff, love?
    Just the perks!
  • Options
    I would not have thought it was in Mr Parkes best interests that his wife was opening her trap at all.

• Options
    It is shocking how some people (Meire included) get a free pass in life. Working in the NHS, healthcare employees are treated like second thoughts and dirt in comparison.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Could be a simple answer to this.

Maybe she avoided Fleetwood because she knows that their Chairman has a low opinion of her, and missed Wimbledon because of the fan involvement on their board?

Basically, she just didn't want to be there.

She usually relishes these situations. My bet is she's on holiday with a girlfriend dreaming of a more high profile job.
    Is she a lesbian ?