Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Scunthorpe - match thread 20/9/16

Evening all, well here we go, playing our game in hand and after the disappointing loss on Saturday we take on current league leaders Scunny who havent lost at home, I believe, since last December. (Happy to be corrected over that)

Sources are saying that Holmes and Novak didn't travel with the squad, Holmes has picked up a new injury and Novak due to illness. So if the sources are correct there will be two forced changes on the squad. My guess is JJ and Botaka (sp), will be drafted into starting line-up.
If we can get a win it'll move us up to 8th, potentially 7th depending on the score. If we lose then that'll give Scunny a 10 point lead over us.

I'll bring you the teams as soon as I can get them, I'm hoping for 3 points but will take 1.

COYR's!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Evening Red.

I expect JJ and Bauer to come in. Expect Konsa to be rested
  • Options
    Evening @AFKABartram yep reckon you could be right, I would like to see Botaka given a chance as well
  • Options
    Evening RM, thanks in advance for ruining another couple of hours for me, still, at least it is not the weekend yet! :wink:
    I was going to say we will probably 'nick' this one after losing on Saturday and thinking we are as expected, 3 points from the two games BUT if those players have not travelled I'm not so sure...............another loss I fear and a early night for me!!
    COYR.....................
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Yep sources were correct, Baur and JJ back in, Lookie and Magennis up front?
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    TEAM NEWS | Ricky Holmes misses out with a back injury, while Lee Novak is suffering from illness. #cafc
  • Options
    I reckon Slade reads Charlton life and picks the team we all suggest.
  • Options
    Great to see big Patrick back in the first team. Could be like a new signing, also fancy him to nick a goal tonight as well!
    COYR..............
  • Options
    Wonder if Novak has the same illness as Ba?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fuckgoingtoscunthorpeitsashithole-itis?
  • Options
    Could we be playing a 4-3-3

Rudd
    Solly Pearce Bauer Fox

Foley Crofts Ulvested

Lookman JJ

Magenis
  • Options
    So

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Foley
    Ulvestad Crofts
    Jackson
    Lookman Magennis

Or
    Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Foley Crofts Ulvestad
    Lookman Magennis Jackson

?
  • Options
    One up front.

The lack of creativity in that team is frightening.
  • Options
    No creativity in that team. I can't see us scoring.
  • Options

Holmes being out will be a huge miss, if lookman is up top with magennis i cannot understand not playing botaka? Our midfield looks about as creative as a goldfish in a cement mixer.

Sounds like a Tate Modern art piece
  • Options
    Be prepared for a 0-0 or 1-0 swing either way... That team is designed for one job... Defend!!
  • Options
    Is RS just playing not to lose tonight?? I reckon, if so, that's bad tactics. Especially this early in the season!
  • Options

No, this will be a genuine illness not a make believe illness.

H'mm I thought 3-1 before I knew Holmes & Novak were out. I'm even more expecting a 3-1 now.

Mind you the way to go is flood the midfield and limit their space, so I would have played 4-5-1 and maybe they will now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No width and not even an over-lapping full back starting. Alamo tactics.
  • Options
    4-5-1 with Ulvestad playing behind Magennis might work
  • Options

Is RS just playing not to lose tonight?? I reckon, if so, that's bad tactics. Especially this early in the season!

As people have said on here though... a Scunthorpe win sees 1st place move 10-points away, thats huge even at this early stage
  • Options
    Is old mate Roger injured or has he fucked off?
  • Options
    I will be supping on a nice 2012 Rioja tonight its just been opened and I've had a little taste......lovely jubbly!!
  • Options
    We will lose this. The midfield is shocking. As others have already commented absolutely no creativity and not a great deal of pace either.
  • Options
    IRON: Daniels, Wallace, Mirfin, Dawson, Madden, van Veen, Morris, Bishop, Toffolo, Holmes, Clarke.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Foley right, Lookman left. Jackson feeding off Magennis is the way I'd go. JJ just has a knack of finding crucial goals in important games.
  • Options
    I've had a miserable day working in Chicago and hit back to the country this morning straight to work.

Never had to do that before, sucks.

7.30 kick off?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!