Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Scunthorpe - match thread 20/9/16

Comments

• Options

I've had a miserable day working in Chicago and hit back to the country this morning straight to work.

Never had to do that before, sucks.

7.30 kick off?

7.45 mate
  • Options

We will lose this. The midfield is shocking. As others have already commented absolutely no creativity and not a great deal of pace either.

I'm almost beyond caring these days to be honest.
  • Options
    Our season starts tonight coyr
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Oh dear we really our playing a team to try and get point against Scunthorpe. Roland Out.
  • Options
    I'm short of sleep, I reckon 0-3 Charlton with every goal being an own goal.
  • Options
    Remember when we were the premier league and we used to go away to teams at the top of the league, pack the midfield with defensive players and try and nick one on the break?

The more things change...
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    TEAM NEWS | Ricky Holmes misses out with a back injury, while Lee Novak is suffering from illness. #cafc

I think he may actually be Darren Anderton
  • Options
    Kevin Foley will score. Twice.
  • Options
    I have a feeling we may get the dream updating team this evening.
  • Options
    That team is negative. Hoping to nick a 1-0. COYR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Team could struggle if we go a goal down
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have a feeling we may get the dream updating team this evening.

Hi @seth plum how you doing mate, are you doing opposition commentary?
  • Options
    We may have Bauer back but the midfield wont produce anything creative for the forwards. No idea what number will follow Scunthorpe but cant see anything else than a 0 after ours.
  • Options

Evening Red.

I expect JJ and Bauer to come in. Expect Konsa to be rested

Expect us to lose.
  • Options
    Ademola Lookman wonder show tonight

Mark my words
  • Options
    This does not bode well, really hope to be proven wrong, just cannot see it. We are no longer a scalp for Scunthorpe either.
  • Options
    I have a feeling Fred will score tonight
  • Options
    .......Rudd
    Solly....Bauer....Pearce....Fox
    .................Crofts
    Ulvestad....Foley....JJ.....Lookman
    ..................Mcgennis

Desperately lacking in creativity, but to be fair, who else was he meant to pick to provide creativity, especially in central midfield? We just don't have anyone who can do that. It's been a whole since the beginning of pre-season and still is. That particular problem stems from recruitment.

I just don't get it. As @harveys gardener said, we don't have attacking fullbacks. Which, again, we don't really have (Chicksen meant to be better going forward than defending).

I don't necessarily think it's wrong to set up to stifle a free-scoring Firewall FC side who haven't lost at home under Alexander, but the problem is we don't have "two way" players, players who can attack/create as well as defend.
  • Options
    It will be long range, on the assumption he has managed to unshackle himself from Crofts.
  • Options
    If you showed me that team at the same time last season and said it was going to be the Charlton team in a years time I would have laughed at you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

.......Rudd
    Solly....Bauer....Pearce....Fox
    .................Crofts
    Ulvestad....Foley....JJ.....Lookman
    ..................Mcgennis

Desperately lacking in creativity, but to be fair, who else was he meant to pick to provide creativity, especially in central midfield? We just don't have anyone who can do that. It's been a whole since the beginning of pre-season and still is. That particular problem stems from recruitment.

I just don't get it. As @harveys gardener said, we don't have attacking fullbacks. Which, again, we don't really have (Chicksen meant to be better going forward than defending).

I don't necessarily think it's wrong to set up to stifle a free-scoring Firewall FC side who haven't lost at home under Alexander, but the problem is we don't have "two way" players, players who can attack/create as well as defend.

Botaka should be given a chance.
  • Options
    I'm here to do some match thread typing, giving Seth a rest.
  • Options

Could we be playing a 4-3-3

Rudd
    Solly Pearce Bauer Fox

Foley Crofts Ulvested

Lookman JJ

Magenis

The way we play play more like 5-5-0
  • Options
    I didn't even realise Scunny were top of the league !
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    What a negative looking team without Holmes. And only a confidence sapped Ajose on the bench for striker subs. We ain't going up this year.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I'm here to do some match thread typing, giving Seth a rest.

@PaddyP17 you doing oppo side mate?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Team could struggle if we go a goal down

Not could! Will
  • Options
    C'mon Charlton
  • Options
    But yes....come on you Addicks!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!