Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Scunthorpe - match thread 20/9/16

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:

I'm here to do some match thread typing, giving Seth a rest.

@PaddyP17 you doing oppo side mate?
    Absolutement, mon ami.

By the way, I had a cab driver called Luqman last night, so if there's any tip for a first goalscorer then I'd have to go with our number 7.
  • If we create as many chances as we did on Saturday we may get a draw.
  • PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

I'm here to do some match thread typing, giving Seth a rest.

@PaddyP17 you doing oppo side mate?
    Absolutement, mon ami.

By the way, I had a cab driver called Luqman last night, so if there's any tip for a first goalscorer then I'd have to go with our number 7.
    Where did we sign Lugman from? :wink:
  • I have found an old analogue radio and shoved a coathanger in the back.

and now I'm tuned in!
  • edited September 2016
    I greatly applaud any addicks who have made that trip
    Especially the fact they haven't lost at home for so long and we're are dire
    OK maybe dire is a bit harsh
    But top marks to those who have travelled and I don't mean the team
  • ChiAddick said:

SDAddick said:

.......Rudd
    Solly....Bauer....Pearce....Fox
    .................Crofts
    Ulvestad....Foley....JJ.....Lookman
    ..................Mcgennis

Desperately lacking in creativity, but to be fair, who else was he meant to pick to provide creativity, especially in central midfield? We just don't have anyone who can do that. It's been a whole since the beginning of pre-season and still is. That particular problem stems from recruitment.

I just don't get it. As @harveys gardener said, we don't have attacking fullbacks. Which, again, we don't really have (Chicksen meant to be better going forward than defending).

I don't necessarily think it's wrong to set up to stifle a free-scoring Firewall FC side who haven't lost at home under Alexander, but the problem is we don't have "two way" players, players who can attack/create as well as defend.

Botaka should be given a chance.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I think there is a question over how well he tracks back, and also, having him there wouldn't solve the problem we have that our central midfield struggles to pass the ball forward and create chances.
  • C'mon yooooooo Addicks!
  • 5 mins till ko...COYR's
  • C'mon yooooooo Addicks!

Wankers
  • Teams on way out
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Here come the two sides. COYA!!!!!!!!! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • How are we not wearing our black change strip? Good kit that, and Firewall FC have red in their kits. GET OUT OF MY CLUB!!
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 14s15 seconds ago
    1' @johnnie_jackson gets the ball rolling here at Glanford Park... #cafc #CAFCLive

Where is everyone...?
  • cafc-west said:

Where is everyone...?
    To be fair its only Charlton... ;)
  • so here we go....addicks to ko.....attacking away fans.....
  • jj to mag.....jj...mag....attacks...into area....jj...fox...foley..ulves...jj...foley..lookie.....taken down and they break
  • edited September 2016
    Come on Charlton. Suprise us all!!
  • Charlton play right to left and we have the first attack of the game, a combination of two of ours, half-shot comes away from Magennis, out to the left. Morgan Fox picks it up, to Foley on the left, triangles and neat, back to Foley, across the face of the area - collected, and we look for a free kick but Madden up to him, no Pearce back to Rudd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudd... Mirfin wins the aerial and plays it on and through.
  • CAFC player subscription expired now. No way am I giving him my cash so I'm reliant on these threads now :)
  • they have the ball....and go long...pearce...foley is tackled.....pearce...rudd....mag....tackled....they clear...baur concedes a throw
  • And there was a push that the ref hasn't given - he's missed two decisions, but van Veeeeen is on it, their throw. Harry Toffalo(?) has it... they witter on about him
  • throw taken....fox concedes another
  • Here comes Josh Morris who tries to earn a corner, but gets a throw in the corner attacking us. Van Veeeeeeen can't shoot it's blocked and Pearce clears for Magennis - he... picks it up? I don't know.
  • throw taken....we pick up the ball......lookie has it....now solly.....fouled
  • addicks fk in own half
  • This commentator is quite meandering in terms of describing what's happening.

GOOD ON THEM: "You can't run a club like they [the Belgians] are running them."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!