Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oldham - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    You sods just need to be a bit more patient.
  • Options

even I am losing the faith .. CAFC looks fatally flawed from top to bottom .. bad team selections are only part of the problem .. having said that I go to most away games .. how do you explain ? .. we were trounced at Bury, now second in the table, got a well deserved point at leaders Scunthorpe, a good win at Walsall, a point at tough Fleetwood .. once again it's the home games that are the real problem .. do opposition teams raise their collective games or does our manager and players just keep bottling it through lack of confidence and commitment, the Valley, like last season has become a vale of doom .. anyway .. this can't go on otherwise the club will endure a slow cancerous death or at best a long period in intensive care

You sound as though you are proud of those away performances and, perhaps, are blaming the home support for the poor home results.
  • Options
    Slade isn't the worst manager we've had recently (that's a title that's well contested) but he is the strangest. I've genuinely never seen football as defensive as this, a manager as happy to defend a point as this or a manager as scared to make a substitution that might kill off a game like this.
  • Options
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Summer spent drinking lemonade,
    Wimbledon, Oldham put him in the shade,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Under worked, and overpaid,
    Yet when he's sacked, he'll have it made,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Fact : Russell Slade contains all the ingredients needed to make the word "useless"......
  • Options
    The January transfer window will give a signal of intent of whether these muppets were serious about a promotion push. Never believed it and think we'll be back protesting outside the West come February sadly. Going nowhere but down under this mob of incompetents and the owner made it quite clear last week we're not even 2% of his consideration.

• Options
    It's all about the match day experience----- they never said it would be a good one.

How low can we go ? No idea

The Cult don't give a shit ---- and the protests ? No affect at all on an ego and large wallet
  • Options
    My final match of last season was Preston at home and I stopped going because it was so painfully obvious we desperately needed a creative midfielder.

Might as well merge this post match thread with Saturday's because all the comments will be the same.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Appreciation to @Redmidland for the match thread. It can't be far off of having to provide the commentary to the execution of a loved one. I admire your perseverance.

I'm so very glad I stayed away. It sounds like a dreadful performance and an abysmal result.

The scary thing is that some will be celebrating the point, saying we are now on the up and urging others to now get behind Slade and his regime masters. That's the truly unacceptable thing. Wake up and smell the coffee for christ's sake!

Thank you @Davo55 it is getting very difficult now, Saturday needs to be a big improvement thats for sure, I'll keep going for a while longer, but its getting tiresome. Anyway lets hope we turn the corner, as I look forward to doing the match threads for eveeryone.
  • Options
    We are an absolute disgrace . Slades football is a joke. So defensive and negative it's unreal . I'd get rid of him personally . He's just another puppet. What a fucking club we've become. Played off the park by Oldham ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't get to evening games at the moment but I'm not missing it.

Can't make Saturday, won't bother with the Checkatrade nonsense, next game I can make will be Coventry. Knowing what RD is like with managers I wouldn't be surprised if Slade has been sacked by then or close to it.

Thought we'd win tonight, but it's hardly surprising that we didn't. Did we have enough decent chances to win it?

Playing cautious football might have got Orient and Yeovil in the play-offs but teams are going to be more cautious against us themselves. I can't see the sort of starting lineups he's putting out ever getting consistent results.

Does he not trust Botaka defensively to give him a start?

Talking more about the line ups in general I can't work out how this team is meant to fit together. He's often played Fox and Jackson down the left or sometimes Solly and Foley down the right. Both very defensive choices with little attacking threat.

How did Novak and Magennis look as a partnership?
  • Options
    The team were so negative. First half Oldham created more, their number 12 was a handful and should have scored. Our first attack Magennis did very well and scored from a tight angle. Expected them to kick on and they didn't. Second half we were bad but just about contained a very average Oldham. Took off Crofts and Jackson at the same time and what composure we had fell apart. Expected Oldham to score and was surprised it was as late as it was, and only one. Lookman hit the bar from his own created chance but nothing else attacking wise. Slade wasn't doing anything from the side lines, no managing, no urgency. Absolute shite!
  • Options
    Even if we had won it would have been shit!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Another solid point. Unbeaten in 3 and something to build on. Rochdale have hit a bit of form so we'd do well to pick up a draw on Saturday.

I don't think we sat deep enough or retreated to park the bus sufficiently and ultimately that is how we've been undone in the end.

We need to secure, protect and consolidate on Saturday if we're to establish ourselves as a solid league one mid table outfit.

• Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Another solid point. Unbeaten in 3 and something to build on. Rochdale have hit a bit of form so we'd do well to pick up a draw on Saturday.

I don't think we sat deep enough or retreated to park the bus sufficiently and ultimately that is how we've been undone in the end.

We need to secure, protect and consolidate on Saturday if we're to establish ourselves as a solid league one mid table outfit.

Surely being a solid League One mid-table outfit is just an aspiration. Not really achievable.
    Absolutely - it's going to be very tough. However I think you'll find Rochdale spent about 30-40 years in the bottom league up until about 10 years ago. It will be hard work but I am confident with Slade's secure approach we can achieve this. When I look at the static Crofts, I can go to bed safe in the knowledge we could be League One's Rochdale 2016-2046

PS - Katy was looking very tanned tonight, holiday looks to have done her the world of good. My holiday this year was Cheltenham. We all choose different paths
    That's all right then. At least my son and future grand-children have something to look forward to.
  • Options
    8 points off automatic promotion place, 5points off play off place and after Wimbledon play tomorrow could be only 2 points off relegation place.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016
    5 to 6,000 in the ground and it is not even cold yet. Poor sounding match and Slade failing to press Charlton forward for the second goal. Though by the sound of it, this was beyond the performance in the second half. This team is really poor. An unbalanced, partially completed squad with a poor central midfield combined with an overly defensive manager in Slade is definitely not a good combination.

The club is in serious trouble. The only thing that will remedy is Duchatelet selling.
  • Options

even I am losing the faith .. CAFC looks fatally flawed from top to bottom .. bad team selections are only part of the problem .. having said that I go to most away games .. how do you explain ? .. we were trounced at Bury, now second in the table, got a well deserved point at leaders Scunthorpe, a good win at Walsall, a point at tough Fleetwood .. once again it's the home games that are the real problem .. do opposition teams raise their collective games or does our manager and players just keep bottling it through lack of confidence and commitment, the Valley, like last season has become a vale of doom .. anyway .. this can't go on otherwise the club will endure a slow cancerous death or at best a long period in intensive care

You sound as though you are proud of those away performances and, perhaps, are blaming the home support for the poor home results.
    you assume mostly wrongly and you're putting words in my mouth .. I was proud of the displays at Scunny and Walsall, we shoud have won at Fleetwood, we were Lucky at Oxford ..
    you know that results at the valley have been dreadful for the past two seasons .. I was there for the No'hampton game, we were VERY poor .. blame the crowd ? .. I don't know .. on my last few visits (rare I confess) there has been a bad, uptight atmosphere, not anti the players but an underlying apprehension, a fear almost .. I am a believer in the notion of 'vibes' .. the valley vibes seem to have been poor for ages .. not for the first time .. this reminds me of the REALLY/equally BAD days of the late 60s/early 70s .. a curse .. who t f knows .. right .. now what's YOUR opinion mr critic ? ...
  • Options
    P.s. I should add that I thought that we were heading to non-league football. Silly me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My boycott makes more and more sense.

And unfortunately I find more things to do on matchdays that I enjoy.
  • Options
    Novak and Maginnis are two big lumps.Maginnis holds the ball up ok and scored a goal.The goal was quality build up play,but that was a very rare event.Novak didn't do much and is lacking in pace,Slade could of changed him at half time,but as he is a safety first kind of manager he didn't. Holmes is a busy player who makes things happen,and Lookman showed glimpses of quality when he came on.The defence looks panicky and the midfield is a gaping hole.The two forwards showed little movement and didn't offer the midfield many options.
  • Options
    We are dreadful - certainly a relegation candidate if we play like this. Can't kill teams off and then let them back in the game - everyone expected the equaliser and we could easily have lost.
    Can't string two passes together and we seem to be getting worse. Novak and Jackson watched the game pass them by.
    Hard to care....
  • Options
    satsuma27 said:

Novak and Maginnis are two big lumps.Maginnis holds the ball up ok and scored a goal.The goal was quality build up play,but that was a very rare event.Novak didn't do much and is lacking in pace,Slade could of changed him at half time,but as he is a safety first kind of manager he didn't. Holmes is a busy player who makes things happen,and Lookman showed glimpses of quality when he came on.The defence looks panicky and the midfield is a gaping hole.The two forwards showed little movement and didn't offer the midfield many options.

Magennis is a great player. Novak is a non-entity.
  • Options

Top 6 budget my arse.

Wonder what Slade would do with a bottom.
  • Options
    Miserable - Again. Last 4 games = 3 points.... From Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Oxford and Oldham.

That's real progress. I can't even be bothered to be bothered anymore.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

satsuma27 said:

Novak scored 15 goals in 35 appearances at Chesterfield last season.

Why can he do it there - but not with Charlton?
    That's the question.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Leuth said:

satsuma27 said:

Novak scored 15 goals in 35 appearances at Chesterfield last season.

Why can he do it there - but not with Charlton?
    That's the question.

He's already got one for us, a tap-in. I suspect that he rather needs the ball and the goal in close proximity. He has nothing else to his game.
  • Options

you assume mostly wrongly and you're putting words in my mouth .. I was proud of the displays at Scunny and Walsall, we shoud have won at Fleetwood, we were Lucky at Oxford ..
    you know that results at the valley have been dreadful for the past two seasons .. I was there for the No'hampton game, we were VERY poor .. blame the crowd ? .. I don't know .. on my last few visits (rare I confess) there has been a bad, uptight atmosphere, not anti the players but an underlying apprehension, a fear almost .. I am a believer in the notion of 'vibes' .. the valley vibes seem to have been poor for ages .. not for the first time .. this reminds me of the REALLY/equally BAD days of the late 60s/early 70s .. a curse .. who t f knows .. right .. now what's YOUR opinion mr critic ? ...
    My opinion is that we are doomed under RD and KM and I'll happily take the pain now if it means that they will bugger off.
    I find myself wanting us to lose every match now home or away, as much as that goes against the grain, as I think that that is the only way that we will ultimately get rid of them.
    I will continue to boycott games as I can't support this team and I will devote any time/money that I can spare to support any protests.