Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Paul Cook about to be snapped up.
    Our loss. He's been sitting around for weeks saying..." I'm here". Virtually said it a few weeks ago live on Sky.

But don't worry - Bows will lead us out of exile & into League 2.

Exactly, Cook surely is the best realistic candidate we could get. Ipswich snapping him up is our loss
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55820450

The interesting thing is whether a new manager is appointed before the takeover happens

Indeed if the takeover is imminent, I'm surprised Marcus Evans didn't leave it for the new owners to make the decision
    Always thought it was an odd choice - Their rivals old manager.

But Ipswich have just won their last 2 games & not far short of the play-offs given their games in hand. However, it seems like manager & chairman have different views how to get there

It's awkward timing when you look at results on the pitch, as they've just beaten Doncaster and Hull, and seemed to have turned a corner! On a ppg basis from being behind us they're now a long way ahead of us
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55820450

The interesting thing is whether a new manager is appointed before the takeover happens

Indeed if the takeover is imminent, I'm surprised Marcus Evans didn't leave it for the new owners to make the decision
    Always thought it was an odd choice - Their rivals old manager.

But Ipswich have just won their last 2 games & not far short of the play-offs given their games in hand. However, it seems like manager & chairman have different views how to get there

It's awkward timing when you look at results on the pitch, as they've just beaten Doncaster and Hull, and seemed to have turned a corner! On a ppg basis from being behind us they're now a long way ahead of us
    Having grown up in north Essex/very near Suffolk I always keep an eye on Ipswich Town. The fans feel that Lambert has been on his way out for the last couple of weeks and the upturn in results is because the rest of the coaching staff have taken over the running of the first team, with Lambert effectively pushed to the side. 
  • Darren Moore has left Doncaster to become Sheffield Wednesday manager 
  • Must be good money on offer, they may change places next season.
  • Wow. Don't understand that, swapping a team chasing promotion to one in all sorts of trouble in the bottom 3 of the Championship

Weird that Doncaster have stuttered in recent weeks though
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56237483

Andy Butler will take over as Doncaster manager for the rest of the season. He currently manager of their women's team plus an academy coach
  • Wow. Don't understand that, swapping a team chasing promotion to one in all sorts of trouble in the bottom 3 of the Championship

Money and the prestige i guess.

Sheff Weds are a much bigger club than Doncaster and will no doubt pay significantly more as well. 
  • Darren Moore has left Doncaster to become Sheffield Wednesday manager 
    Really 😳
  • Wow Im genuinely in shock at that one
  • Sponsored links:

Sheff Weds are a much bigger club than Doncaster and will no doubt pay significantly more as well. 
    Sheff Weds are a massive club.  And Donny have stalled since they signed Bogle from us...

Sheff Weds are a massive club.  And Donny have stalled since they signed Bogle from us...

more relevant, Donny sold Whiteman, their main man to P N E

probably why - players have heard that he is off & its affected them. Or they're not playing for him & so thats the reason he's off. 

Indeed - I'm sure it is purely a coincidence that, prior to Bogle joining them they had won 9 of their previous 10 and since then he has played in 5 matches and they haven't won any of them. Not expecting Moore to re-sign him at Wednesday!
  • Lambert inline for Celtic job

Maybe Moore has heard that the EFL are going to say sorry for all the hardship they've caused Chef Wendy in recent years, and as compensation for forcing Wendy to cheat like c***s they're going to reinstate the points they had deducted plus add a bonus of 25 points as a goodwill gesture.

Hey presto! he's back in promotion contention.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Lambert inline for Celtic job
    at least they will be able to make sense of him up in Scootland .. IF this is true, what is a major club like Celtic doing by possibly appointing this mediocre manager ?
  • He's an ex player so maybe like fans on here they want that.
  • edited March 2021
    Moore's first game in charge is Wendy's v Rotherham. A nice taster to get started. Both in poor form. 
  • C'mon you Millers.
  • Sponsored links:

more relevant, Donny sold Whiteman, their main man to P N E
    Darren Moore was my choice for us. Might seem an unambitious selection, but he’s a good manager and was a realistic option. Darn. 
  • Paul Cook been confirmed as Ipswich Manager 
    The worst kept secret in football.
    Excellent appointment. Fully expect to see an upturn in form from them straight away. 

Aren't The Wendies bigger than ANY club?!
    Excellent appointment. Fully expect to see an upturn in form from them straight away. 
    Already unbeaten in four and won their last two...................if only!
  • So who would like to take Bowyer as manager? 

Birmingham? 

Leeds? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So who would like to take Bowyer as manager? 

Birmingham? 

Leeds? 
    If he goes I would not be surprised if he goes the same route as Chris Powell. Nothing suggests to me he will be a successful sort after manager.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So who would like to take Bowyer as manager? 

Birmingham? 

Leeds? 
    Whoever gets the gig when Bielsa leaves will be on a hiding to nothing - he's absolutely loved by Leeds fans. But if he's prepared to play total football, live above a sweet shop, walk to work and use an interpreter then I'm sure LB will be half way there!
  • Why is Bielsa being mentioned, I thought he was close to signing a new contract, has something happened?