Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Come home Ben Garner
  • Options
    Mourinho has been sacked by Roma
  • Options
    Oh dear I feel for him ......not.
  • Options
    Never lasts more than 3 years!

Could see him getting the Portugal job if Martinez is sacked/leaves after the Euros.
  • Options
    Mourinho has been sacked by Roma
    That's his bank account sorted for a while then.

Brief article on his sacking, not his bank account here https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/jose-mourinho-and-coaching-staff-leave-roma-with-immediate-effect/ar-AA1n2Z7I?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=7b0e1abec1974e3e8bcff2abaea4fbf0&ei=12
  • Options
    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/maynard

Notts County appoint Stuart Maynard from Wealdstone as their new manager. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

You want some? I’ll give it ya !
  • Options
    edited January 18
    Rumours that Troy Deeney has been sacked

Intresting week for him if so

The Public shaming of Dabo
    Getting a 4 game touchline ban 
    Now rumours of his dismissal 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Surprising choice for an ambitious L2 side, but a sign that they're not just going to appoint the usual lower league journeyman managers.
  • Options

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68024708

Confirmed. 
  • Options

Confirmed. 
    So far out of his depth it was unreal.  Bang average player with a massive chip on his shoulder.  Surprised Inniss didn’t lay him out
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Confirmed. 
    So far out of his depth it was unreal.  Bang average player with a massive chip on his shoulder.  Surprised Inniss didn’t lay him out
    he has also somehow managed to blag a column in the 'Sun' and makes the odd TV appearance as an expert pundit .. a real ..  w t f !  >:)
  • Options
    For once the siege mentality didn't work for Troy.

I'll own up, I nicked that from a thread on Betfair.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They would have been better off employing Helen. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They would have been better off employing Helen. 
    Liz Truss is up for it. That gets them to the end of February 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68049718

Matt Taylor (not our one) sacked by Shrewsbury
  • Options
    Crystal Palace have started drawing up a shortlist of potential candidates to replace manager Roy Hodgson, with ex-Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper, former Wolves manager Julen Lopetegui, Ipswich boss Kieran McKenna and former Mainz boss Bo Svensson among the candidates. (Mail)
  • Options
    Crystal Palace have started drawing up a shortlist of potential candidates to replace manager Roy Hodgson, with ex-Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper, former Wolves manager Julen Lopetegui, Ipswich boss Kieran McKenna and former Mainz boss Bo Svensson among the candidates. (Mail)
    Please go for Appleton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be amazed if McKenna leaves Ipswich at this moment in time. He'd surely want to at least see out this season given where Ipswich are in the league.
  • Options
    I'd be amazed if McKenna leaves Ipswich at this moment in time. He'd surely want to at least see out this season given where Ipswich are in the league.
    League One Average Salary - £200,000
    Championship Average Salary - £800,000

There’s a bigger disparity with premiership manager wages, but the lowest earns £1.5 million a year.

So I imagine McKenna would be doubling his wage at least if he did go.
  • Options

There’s a bigger disparity with premiership manager wages, but the lowest earns £1.5 million a year.

McKenna is very well paid at Ipswich, he signed a new 4 year contract in the summer and is reported to already be on over 1m a year there.

I'm sure eventually he will be tempted by a PL offer but my point is i think he would currently prefer to see out the season and see if he can get Ipswich promoted. He's not going to be short of offers either way.
  • Options
    edited January 23

McKenna is very well paid at Ipswich, he signed a new 4 year contract in the summer and is reported to already be on over 1m a year there.

I'm sure eventually he will be tempted by a PL offer but my point is i think he would currently prefer to see out the season and see if he can get Ipswich promoted. He's not going to be short of offers either way.
    Palace potentially on the way down, Ipswich potentially on the way UP .. (but they need to be(very)aware of Southampton and Leeds) .. can't see McKenna leaving just yet .. Palace will go for a foreigner I would guess .. poor ol Roy, seems to get dafter at every interview he endures
  • Options
    Although we don't like it, Palace are an estimate Premier League club, Ipswich aren't, and Southampton and Leeds look more likely to go up based on current form.

Could easily see McKenna being tempted.
  • Options
    McKenna does look a good manager but has been backed financially at Ipswich. Would he get that backing at Palace?

ipswich had also started their rebuild job when McKenna took over, Palace have an old and shit squad, he wouldn't be able to hit the ground running!!
  • Options
    Can't see Palace going McKenna as much as I rate him , he's got a good thing going at Ipswich. Think it's probably between Cooper and Potter in terms of domestic based appointments for them. Given the disasters of De Boer and the end of Vieras reign I'd be surprised if they looked continental , even the likes of Marsch or Hassenhutl I'm not convinced they'd go for. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Can't see Palace going McKenna as much as I rate him , he's got a good thing going at Ipswich. Think it's probably between Cooper and Potter in terms of domestic based appointments for them. Given the disasters of De Boer and the end of Vieras reign I'd be surprised if they looked continental , even the likes of Marsch or Hassenhutl I'm not convinced they'd go for. 
    Yeah I think Cooper is almost nailed on tbh.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah I think Cooper is almost nailed on tbh.
    Perhaps one of their Ultras can give him a mask.
  • Options
    Dean Holden in talks to become Steven Gerrards assistant.