Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Ghana have sacked coach Chris Hughton after their group-stage exit from the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/68076417
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Can't see Palace going McKenna as much as I rate him , he's got a good thing going at Ipswich. Think it's probably between Cooper and Potter in terms of domestic based appointments for them. Given the disasters of De Boer and the end of Vieras reign I'd be surprised if they looked continental , even the likes of Marsch or Hassenhutl I'm not convinced they'd go for. 
    Yeah I think Cooper is almost nailed on tbh.
    Perhaps one of their Ultras can give him a mask.
    Selhurst would be scary if all the Ultras wore Steve Cooper masks.
  • Options
    Michael Appleton sacked by perennial league 1 make weights Charlton Athletic. 
  • Options
    We are now an established League One club........ doesn't sound any better,
  • Options
    Ivory Coast (the tournament hosts) had a poor group stage at the African Cup of Nations including a 4-0 defeat to Equatorial Guinea.

They sacked their manager as most expected.

However, because of results today, they actually qualify for the next round as one of the best 3rd place teams.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68085218

Steve Cotterill appointed by Forest Green Rovers. A more sensible appointment than many of the previous rookies.
  • Options

Steve Cotterill appointed by Forest Green Rovers. A more sensible appointment than many of the previous rookies.
    Nabbed him before we did.

Booooo.
  • Options

Cotterill has a bloody good agent. He's always getting work.
  • Options
    edited January 26
    Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of the season
  • Options
    Thank God, his schtick has been incredibly grating for a very long time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, was not expecting that!

I really wont miss him and his veneers though!
  • Options
    Wow, not expecting that. Scott and Methven have clearly tapped him up.
  • Options
    Interesting one, not just.that he's going but the timing given they are top.

Hoping to galvanise them for one big push I guess but can have the opposite effect - like when Ferguson announced in 2002 he was leaving, he later admitted that was a mistake and thought it cost them the title that year.
  • Options
    This just feels so weird. He's almost become synonymous with them , I won't miss some of the press antics but some of the football Liverpool played under him was fantastic.

Too obvious that they'll go for De Zerbi?
  • Options
    Xabi Alonso is going to be the obvious name to replace him I would have thought
    Yeah i think so too.

Wonder if the likes of Salah will now leave. Saudi will surely be back in for him this summer.
  • Options
    One of the Premier League greats for sure.
  • Options
    Xabi Alonso is going to be the obvious name to replace him I would have thought
    100%. He is 6/4 to take over , I’ll definitely be having a nibble on that. 
  • Options
    Big Ange to Liverpool? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha good riddance. Absolute wanker of a human.
  • Options
    I do love that Gerrard has ballsed up his chances of getting the job.
  • Options
    My absolute favourite non Charlton manager. I don’t like the ranting at 4th officials but the way he speaks always sounds so genuine and natural. 
  • Options
    Well when Charlton Athletic comes calling, one can hardly blame Klopp for jumping ship can we?
  • Options
    what did he do to you?
  • Options
    what did he do to you?
    Denied City a league title a few years back 
  • Options
    Home town boy Joey Barton rules himself "In" for the Liverpool Job!
  • Options
    Poisoned chalice like when someone took over after Fergie. 

Klopp can see where the squad is heading once Salah/Van Dijk moves on. 
  • Options
    Poisoned chalice like when someone took over after Fergie. 

Klopp can see where the squad is heading once Salah/Van Dijk moves on. 
    Still looks a very good squad to me. Masses of depth up front, as shown by how they've continued winning without Salah this month.
  • Options
    Xavi has announced he will step down as Barcelona manager at the end of the season.

I suspect the club have let him do that to save some dignity as opposed to them sacking a club legend. In the space of a couple of weeks Barcelona have been hammered by Real Madrid in the super cup, knocked out of the Spanish cup by Bilbao and last night lost at home 5-3 to struggling Villarreal.