Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Johnson sacked twice this season, it’s not even New Year.
    That's done some good to his bank balance.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Johnson sacked twice this season, it’s not even New Year.
    Couldn't have happened to a more genial gentleman :)  
  • Options
    And yet despite no success he'll be back in work next month probably.
  • Options
    Hartlepool United can confirm that the Club have parted ways with manager John Askey and assistant manager Mark Goodlad.
    https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2023/december/club-statement-john-askey/
  • Options
    Charlie Adam looks like he's going to be named the new Fleetwood boss. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2023/december/adam-announcement/

Charlie Adam confirmed , Maurice Ross and Ross Wallace as his coaching staff. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Hartlepool United can confirm that the Club have parted ways with manager John Askey and assistant manager Mark Goodlad.
    https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2023/december/club-statement-john-askey/
    They change managers more frequently than we do !
  • Options
    Colchester United part company with Matty Etherington

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/club-statement
  • Options
    Been in permanent charge of Colchester less than 2 months...
  • Options
    Rooney sacked by Birmingham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Manager sackings come in threes..
  • Options
    All these recent sackings have been second sackings of the season for the clubs involved, and we're next
  • Options
    It's almost like lower league football is a total fucking nightmare
  • Options
    Steve Cooper.is the favourite at Birmingham but surely he could do better?
  • Options

Would have thought he would have held out for a PL club for sure? Will be interesting to see what direction Birmingham go in , surely they won't even consider Lampard? 
  • Options
    He's been linked with Palace, so Birmingham it is then.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones probably a contender for Birmingham , unless that Southampton stint has really killed his reputation in the game?
  • Options
    100%. Would imagine he'd be near the top of the list for any Championship club vacancy so i'm surprised he wouldn't hold out for better. I guess they must be offering him a fortune.
  • Options
    Steve Cooper is going to Palace isn't he? And very soon if the rumours are correct. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve Cooper is going to Palace isn't he? And very soon if the rumours are correct. 
    I've seen the rumours but i don't get why they'd sack Hodgson at this moment in time.

In their recent results they lost narrowly late on to Liverpool and Chelsea, drew with City and Brighton and beat Brentford.

They're 14th in a season where after 20 games, Olise has started just 7 games and Eze 11. What exactly would the owners have been expecting? A European push?
  • Options
    I've seen the rumours but i don't get why they'd sack Hodgson at this moment in time.

In their recent results they lost narrowly late on to Liverpool and Chelsea, drew with City and Brighton and beat Brentford.

They're 14th in a season where after 20 games, Olise has started just 7 games and Eze 11. What exactly would the owners have been expecting? A European push?
    I think that it's more a question of the availability right now of a manager who is seen as developing the club in the long term and who has a big reputation for bringing on youngsters. Hodgson will be going at the end of the season come what may but Cooper might not then be available. I could also see Hodgson moving upstairs in an advisory role.  
  • Options
    Today's Mirror says Rooney was asked to implement 'no fear' football by the club's new American owners. 

No fear turned into no idea as results nose dived.  Sounds a familiar tale of woe with Sandgaard's interjection.  I wonder how much these new style American owners interfere with events on the grass, whether directly, or via their Technical Directors.
  • Options
    Today's Mirror says Rooney was asked to implement 'no fear' football by the club's new American owners. 

No fear turned into no idea as results nose dived.  Sounds a familiar tale of woe with Sandgaard's interjection.  I wonder how much these new style American owners interfere with events on the grass, whether directly, or via their Technical Directors.
    And might be going back to the man they sacked in October - John Eustace - when they had 18 points in 11 matches. Under Rooney they took 10 from 15 games.
  • Options
    Wonder if Longstaff will follow him before the end of the Window
  • Options
    Quite a leap from L2 to the Championship, though I hadn't realised that Williams had previously worked as a coach at Swansea under Russell Martin
  • Options
    He's done well at Notts County but they've had some good investment and i think a lot of managers would've loved to have their squad in the National league.

Even this season they signed a few players in the summer from league one clubs, including McGoldrick.
  • Options
    I think it's a very interesting move from Swansea , interesting they've been willing to go to a lower division again after Duff didn't work out. 

Williams has done an excellent job at Notts County but the Reedtz brothers have backed him very well . There's some real experience in that side beyond the obvious goals of Macaulay Langstaff and Mcgoldrick , I think most League 1 sides would like a midfield with John Bostock , Dan Crowley and Jody Jones at their disposal.