Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The smirk

Comments

• Options
    I sit two rows in front of the exec area and caught Sue Parkes eye as I turned round to chant in that direction. Immediately started gesticulating and blurting something out at me. Would be quite interested to have heard what she said.

Also found it odd that at the end she was standing applauding for ages after the game had finished. Was this over-performance done in an effort to convince herself that she is right and that the regime are doing a good job?
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think it's more of a grimace than a smirk really - a defensive reaction to an unpleasant situation. She didn't look at all comfortable to me. She had the look of someone that was close to tears and I honestly feel she is close to cracking. The fans were great, one bloke behind in particular was suburb and never let her rest all game. At one point someone challenged her about the smirk and all she could do was look away. I do think that's the way to go. She is the weakest link and if she's targeted she'll be saying goodbye sooner or later. As @cantersaddick pointed out to us, she didn't even stand up to applaud when we scored. Now, what on earth is the point of having a job like football club CEO and feeling so bad because of the shitty relationship you've cultivated with the fans that you can't even celebrate goals? She must be absolutely hating this.

I thought Meire looked really uncomfortable more than I have seen her before. She can't be enjoying it.
  • Options

I commented to someone yesterday while all the pigs were flying and she just glared straight ahead, why on earth is she still putting herself through this? What sort of life must she have right now? Can't be for money, and her reputation gets more permanently tarnished with every week... Just very very weird.

Is her reputation getting tarnished?
    She is building up plenty of experience on her CV.

She is treated well by plenty of people who have their own personal agendas. I.E meeting diversity quota's for various boards.
  • Options

I sit two rows in front of the exec area and caught Sue Parkes eye as I turned round to chant in that direction. Immediately started gesticulating and blurting something out at me. Would be quite interested to have heard what she said. Also found it odd that at the end she was standing applauding for ages after the game had finished. Was this over-performance done in an effort to convince herself that she is right and that the regime are doing a good job?

Suspect you know the kind of thing she would have said and almost certainly it would have been patronising and not remotely interesting. As for the clapping, a not unreasonable reaction to a (rare) home win, but also a clear sign of defiance that despite protests, on the pitch things are (in her mind) going in the right direction.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'll have to take my binoculars (concealed about my person) Tuesday at Port Vale to see if I can pick her out in their Directors box because I doubt very much if Latrine will bother to make the trip.
  • Options
    She's certainly not smirking because she's finding it funny that's for sure. It's nervous laughter.

As mogodon said above, it's basically her defence mechanism to tell herself that what she's seeing is not as threatening as it appears. But let's be honest, this has to be getting to her, and Sue as well!
  • Options
    Canters, you clearly got to sit very close to the directors box - was that by design?
    Do you still have your ticket ?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Canters, you clearly got to sit very close to the directors box - was that by design?
    Do you still have your ticket ?

@The_President

Yes. Ended up with direct line of sight to KM which was more than I expected. But I was riled up enough to make the most of it after the flag incident. Yes I think I do have my ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sitting further forward in the Directors Box were Chris and Sue Parkes.

He looked grim faced during the various protests whilst Sue kept flapping her arms up and down for people to sit down during the numerous 'Stand up if you want them out chants' but looking for all the world like some ludicrous early experiment in the attempt to achieve powered flight,

Sue got a bit left behind in the half-time scramble for the vol-au-vents which of course had already been out and waiting on the table for the extra 7 minutes. Then she was waylaid in the aisle by Paul Elliot who gave her a continental double kiss on each cheek............................

Lets hope she was able to grab a doggy bag at the end so her day wasn't completely spoiled by the perhaps 75% or more of the crowd who protested at the regime and therefore by her definition cannot be real fans
    Never mind Sue just roll on to the next free dinner at Port Vale.

What a shameless, cretinous indivdual she is.
  • Options

Yes that's right ladies and gents. It's back.

So we were right next to the directors box. A bit in front of KM. Myself and a few others were regularly turning round holding flags/signs and chanting directly at her. Now not sure how I'd react in that situation(probably resign if I'd fucked up that badly). But Katriens choice was to stare people down. I had eye contact with her on more than one occasion. But one particular occasion, while we were singing '2-nil and we want them out' she looked at me and smirked/grinned/laughed.

It just made my skin curl. I have never been so angry. I am still on a bit of an adrenaline high from that moment. Shaking with anger I was. I can still see it now. Every time I close my eyes, that horrible smirk. Urgh just makes my teeth itch.

#MiereOut

Did you swipe left or right though?
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Sadly I don't think she is affected at all by any of this.

She might not give that impression, but you can bet your life that behind closed doors she is affected by it.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Yes that's right ladies and gents. It's back.

So we were right next to the directors box. A bit in front of KM. Myself and a few others were regularly turning round holding flags/signs and chanting directly at her. Now not sure how I'd react in that situation(probably resign if I'd fucked up that badly). But Katriens choice was to stare people down. I had eye contact with her on more than one occasion. But one particular occasion, while we were singing '2-nil and we want them out' she looked at me and smirked/grinned/laughed.

It just made my skin curl. I have never been so angry. I am still on a bit of an adrenaline high from that moment. Shaking with anger I was. I can still see it now. Every time I close my eyes, that horrible smirk. Urgh just makes my teeth itch.

#MiereOut

Did you swipe left or right though?
    I want to be sick. Hate her so much I can't even see her as a woman...
  • Options
    If squirrel face was going to quit she would have done it after the 'liar game'.

Big nose is not going anywhere unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simple. Resign her at companies house again and visit her her family in Belgium again.
  • Options

Simple. Resign her at companies house again and visit her her family in Belgium again.

What was the outcome to the investigation to the companies house resignation?
  • Options
    Listen chaps, I am not a regular match goer, have not been for reasons for many years. I have nothing but admiration for you lot that get active, just wish I had it in me, sadly I do not...

but, I think a big away protest maybe in order, one local where a big turn out is expected, Jills or the Spanners (although that provides further complications). Keep up the home stuff, it is innovative, eye catching and just what the media love, but I believe we should embarrass these cnuts outside of the safety of their lounges...
  • Options

Listen chaps, I am not a regular match goer, have not been for reasons for many years. I have nothing but admiration for you lot that get active, just wish I had it in me, sadly I do not...

but, I think a big away protest maybe in order, one local where a big turn out is expected, Jills or the Spanners (although that provides further complications). Keep up the home stuff, it is innovative, eye catching and just what the media love, but I believe we should embarrass these cnuts outside of the safety of their lounges...

Cov away?
  • Options

I sit two rows in front of the exec area and caught Sue Parkes eye as I turned round to chant in that direction. Immediately started gesticulating and blurting something out at me. Would be quite interested to have heard what she said.

Also found it odd that at the end she was standing applauding for ages after the game had finished. Was this over-performance done in an effort to convince herself that she is right and that the regime are doing a good job?

his increasingly embarrassing harridan of a wife.
    Very nicely put.
  • Options
    I'd quite like another sit in. And one that starts early enough to cause lots of disruption. Maybe to the away team coach?!
  • Options
    I wonder if a Tuesday match 6 pm march from the other side of the Blackwall tunnel might be a goer? Or a sit-down?