Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The smirk

Comments

• Options
    Long walk to the Woolwich ferry or to the Greenwich foot tunnel to cross the river.

Chances of getting permission to cross through the blackwall tunnel - zero.

Although maybe ok given for a Tuesday game there will be <5000 fans in the ground probably.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I think yesterday was a shock to them. They probably thought they had ridden it out after a low profile start to the season, then bang, the best protest yet and full publicity across all forms of the media. To top it all, their personal security has scored a massive own goal. PR your way out of that one.

Now they are on the back-foot again and wondering where the next protest is coming from. Keep the pressure on.

I think you have touched on something in terms of them thinking it's all over.

They had this mindset from the start of the protests that a couple of wins and it all dies down.

To quote Henry Irving of this parish, they bought the wrong club, because their attitude which includes counter propaganda, fun days, curry evenings, patronising meetings with fan groups, creating an in house fan group in target20k, planting acolytes on message boards, cleaning up the internet...it is ill judged, patronising and none of it is going to work, none of it.

There will be more, because from the outset those like me who support the protests have seen it as a long slow war of attrition and yesterday was simply the opening salvo of this seasons sustained campaign of protests.

In addition the protests will become harder to predict as we learn from what we do. It was interesting that yesterday (and I am surprised it has not received comment yet) we had more traffic disruption similar to the sit down in the car park disruption, and it seemed to certainly have an impact. This is a good example of an area of disruption and protests that hits home.

The protestors (and I am not in the planning group of CARD, very much like other ordinary fans who simply support the initiatives) will learn to abandon action that gives less bangs for the buck, and repeat ones that give more. Of course old favourites like marches, banners, and early game disruption will continue, but I suspect that there will be more surprises coming up that Tony Cojones and others will not anticipate.

The protestors have the advantage of being free to be as creative and original as they can be, I for one would never have thought up resigngate, but as an example of a bang for buck exercise it was a huge success, there will be a lot more.

It is desirable to always stay within the law, but to test the edges of the laws when possible. There simply is no need for any direct violent, physically damaging or threatening action to be taken by the protestors (that's what Tony Cojones and the club are good at) but to continue to think up more original ways to protest.

If this war gets really nasty the club ought to reflect on the fact that so far (Roger Johnson apart) the protests have not targeted the football side, but we see in places like Spain and Italy that disgruntled supporters are not above bringing their angst to training grounds and impacting on the football side of the business. We are a distance from that clearly, but it remains a possibility nevertheless.
    The lack of bag checks at the turnstiles surprised me. I've had a steward take the tops off coke bottles at the past two games, but there were no stewards yesterday. I Also noticed there weren't many stewards on the side of the pitch. A pitch invasion would have been easy yesterday.

I think Brussell got a big shock as well. He is now aware that the majority of fans are against the owner and CEO, whom he keeps praising up. He will realise he will lose the support of the fans, if he hasn't already done so, if he is seen as a part of the regime. He is on a hiding to nothing.

I was a bit surprised that in the post-match video shown on Football on 5 Goal Rush Slade seemed to suggest very heavily that fan frustration (leading to protest) was solely instigated by dissatisfaction with relegation and the current League position. He said quote..." I understand the fans frustration..........we shouldn't be in this league lingering half way down the table...I get that."

In doing so he was effectively letting the regime off the hook by his comments. Might have been better had he just commented on the performance/result.

I thought exactly the same, maybe @LouisMend can pick up on this tonight on Charlton Live. My reaction was 'you don't really get this do you Brussel, in the overall scheme of things it's got very little to do with our league position following relegation!'
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I think yesterday was a shock to them. They probably thought they had ridden it out after a low profile start to the season, then bang, the best protest yet and full publicity across all forms of the media. To top it all, their personal security has scored a massive own goal. PR your way out of that one.

Now they are on the back-foot again and wondering where the next protest is coming from. Keep the pressure on.

They had this mindset from the start of the protests that a couple of wins and it all dies down.

To quote Henry Irving of this parish, they bought the wrong club, because their attitude which includes counter propaganda, fun days, curry evenings, patronising meetings with fan groups, creating an in house fan group in target20k, planting acolytes on message boards, cleaning up the internet...it is ill judged, patronising and none of it is going to work, none of it.

There will be more, because from the outset those like me who support the protests have seen it as a long slow war of attrition and yesterday was simply the opening salvo of this seasons sustained campaign of protests.

In addition the protests will become harder to predict as we learn from what we do. It was interesting that yesterday (and I am surprised it has not received comment yet) we had more traffic disruption similar to the sit down in the car park disruption, and it seemed to certainly have an impact. This is a good example of an area of disruption and protests that hits home.

The protestors (and I am not in the planning group of CARD, very much like other ordinary fans who simply support the initiatives) will learn to abandon action that gives less bangs for the buck, and repeat ones that give more. Of course old favourites like marches, banners, and early game disruption will continue, but I suspect that there will be more surprises coming up that Tony Cojones and others will not anticipate.

The protestors have the advantage of being free to be as creative and original as they can be, I for one would never have thought up resigngate, but as an example of a bang for buck exercise it was a huge success, there will be a lot more.

It is desirable to always stay within the law, but to test the edges of the laws when possible. There simply is no need for any direct violent, physically damaging or threatening action to be taken by the protestors (that's what Tony Cojones and the club are good at) but to continue to think up more original ways to protest.

If this war gets really nasty the club ought to reflect on the fact that so far (Roger Johnson apart) the protests have not targeted the football side, but we see in places like Spain and Italy that disgruntled supporters are not above bringing their angst to training grounds and impacting on the football side of the business. We are a distance from that clearly, but it remains a possibility nevertheless.
    The lack of bag checks at the turnstiles surprised me. I've had a steward take the tops off coke bottles at the past two games, but there were no stewards yesterday. I Also noticed there weren't many stewards on the side of the pitch. A pitch invasion would have been easy yesterday.

I think Brussell got a big shock as well. He is now aware that the majority of fans are against the owner and CEO, whom he keeps praising up. He will realise he will lose the support of the fans, if he hasn't already done so, if he is seen as a part of the regime. He is on a hiding to nothing.

I was a bit surprised that in the post-match video shown on Football on 5 Goal Rush Slade seemed to suggest very heavily that fan frustration (leading to protest) was solely instigated by dissatisfaction with relegation and the current League position. He said quote..." I understand the fans frustration..........we shouldn't be in this league lingering half way down the table...I get that."

In doing so he was effectively letting the regime off the hook by his comments. Might have been better had he just commented on the performance/result.

He also said things won't change over night. He's got that right, we're 12 league games in now Brussell. Might just have been me, but I though he looked a bit uncomfortable during that interview. Maybe he realise now what it's all about.

As an aside, I bet he really had to hold himself back to not run on the pitch and start eating the pigs.
    I am pretty sure I remember that Slade, possibly during his 'patience' period, asked to be judged after 12 games.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Probably under orders from above.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

He also said things won't change over night. He's got that right, we're 12 league games in now Brussell. Might just have been me, but I though he looked a bit uncomfortable during that interview. Maybe he realise now what it's all about.

As an aside, I bet he really had to hold himself back to not run on the pitch and start eating the pigs.
    I am pretty sure I remember that Slade, possibly during his 'patience' period, asked to be judged after 12 games.
    Well, 15 points from the 12 games and we've reached the dizzy heights of 15th place. Given the squad that he has at his disposal that's unacceptable.

I overhead somebody on the way home saying that we've turned the corner (although we were turning left in to Charlton church lane, so he may have meant that ).

I've got zero faith in Slade. 3-0 yesterday but there was still so much negativity in our play and he seems to just stand there on the side totally nonplussed.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Well, 15 points from the 12 games and we've reached the dizzy heights of 15th place. Given the squad that he has at his disposal that's unacceptable.

1overhead somebody on the way home saying that we've turned the corner (although we were turning left in to Charlton church lane, so he may have meant that ).

I've got zero faith in Slade. 3-0 yesterday but there was still so much negativity in our play and he seems to just stand there on the side totally nonplussed.
    A win is always welcome. But I cannot see any corner turned on one result, especially against a club in possibly more disarray than us, certainly on the field. Let's see what the next six matches bring before any decision on whether Slade is finding his feet or is, as I fear, just very limited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i was within earshot of Russell and I didn't hear him issue any worthwhile instructions to the players or team from the technical area during the game, it was Sunday league stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

She's a useless c **t nothing more nothing less.

That's all you need to be to become a politician.

• Options

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I overhead somebody on the way home saying that we've turned the corner (although we were turning left in to Charlton church lane, so he may have meant that ).

And there's the point, he is so negative in his approach even at home. It just gets boring.
  • Options

I wonder if a Tuesday match 6 pm march from the other side of the Blackwall tunnel might be a goer? Or a sit-down?

Ha, that's a crazy post, even for you.
  • Options

Simple. Resign her at companies house again and visit her her family in Belgium again.

What was the outcome to the investigation to the companies house resignation?
    Undisclosed.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @LouisMend enjoyed the show last night but thought @BDL was a bit dismissive of the point I was trying to make. Of course I don't expect Slade to disrespect his employers, my point was he didn't seem to understand the overriding reasons for the fans protests in his C5 post match i/v which is disappointing to say the least.

All he has to do is acknowledge their unrest and leave it there, by specifically linking it to relegation is way off the mark and if he is not aware can you discreetly tell him mate from me, Slade that is not BDL (love you Dave) :wink: .
  • Options
    What would happen if protesting supporters all remained in their seats after the final whistle? Would this costs the club extra money because stewards and staff would have to remain at their posts. No going on the pitch but just sat in their seats protesting instead of a protest behind the west stand as has been done before. If the majority were in the west stand Im sure those in hospitality would love the protesters being so close.
  • Options

What would happen if protesting supporters all remained in their seats after the final whistle? Would this costs the club extra money because stewards and staff would have to remain at their posts. No going on the pitch but just sat in their seats protesting instead of a protest behind the west stand as has been done before. If the majority were in the west stand Im sure those in hospitality would love the protesters being so close.

I've thought this before but I actually think they'd prefer it. It's easier to control us in the stadium than outside. We would also be more spread out so easier for thugs to impose themselves and bully individuals.

Might work if we could get everyone in each stand to group together nice and close. Could be worth a try I guess!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@LouisMend enjoyed the show last night but thought @BDL was a bit dismissive of the point I was trying to make. Of course I don't expect Slade to disrespect his employers, my point was he didn't seem to understand the overriding reasons for the fans protests in his C5 post match i/v which is disappointing to say the least.

All he has to do is acknowledge their unrest and leave it there, by specifically linking it to relegation is way off the mark and if he is not aware can you discreetly tell him mate from me, Slade that is not BDL (love you Dave) :wink: .

Love you too, fair point, at least he acknowledged it. He could have done more, and I guess I was trying to say that he probably feels he can't say too much more. Saying that he knew what he was getting into when he took the job!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kentred2 said:

Sadly I don't think she is affected at all by any of this.

She might not give that impression, but you can bet your life that behind closed doors she is affected by it.
    You bastard, she dumped cabbles for you didn't she :smiley:
  • Options

kentred2 said:

She might not give that impression, but you can bet your life that behind closed doors she is affected by it.
    Haven't you heard the latest she was making eyes @cantersaddick on Saturday but he had bigger fish (literally) to fry :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

kentred2 said:

Haven't you heard the latest she was making eyes @cantersaddick on Saturday but he had bigger fish (literally) to fry :wink:
    Except the eyes made me want to throw up more than anything else.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Too true.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

kentred2 said:

Except the eyes made me want to throw up more than anything else.
    Dont be too hasty give it a couple of days, older woman and all that :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2016

kentred2 said:

She was bored of @cobbles, he didn't stimulate her enough (in conversation). I've taken her under my wing now.

You should see our new North Korean duvet cover.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

AFKA it's happening again - see above

Let her go mate there's plenty more fish in the sea :wink: .
  • Options
    You know that's not what I take issue with red
  • Options
    cabbles said:

You know that's not what I take issue with red

You need to get @i_b_b_o_r_g on the case mate I understand @AFKABartram goes to him for advice these days :wink: