Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trolling Driesen

Following on from Sarcastic Slade, we now have Trolling Driesen.

Appears he has deleted the tweet, but someone took a screenshot.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    The scariest thing is RD/KM and the people they hire simply see nothing wrong in what they are doing. This kid must think playing Football Manager is the same as doing real scouting work. So they will keep making mistake after mistake until it's too late to save the club from dying.
  • Options
    Fair play to the lad, anything he does will have Charlton fans frothing at the mouth so why not have some fun with it? Some of the football on show though was dreadful
  • Options
    Seems a terribly misjudged joke to me but then again...
  • Options
    If anyone is seriously annoyed by this then they probably need to get out more.

Seeing as pretty much no club in the world could buy Barca's players and not many could afford City's, it's hardly that offensive from the 'scout' of a league one club is it?
  • Options

If anyone is seriously annoyed by this then they probably need to get out more.

Seeing as pretty much no club in the world could buy Barca's players and not many could afford City's, it's hardly that offensive from the 'scout' of a league one club is it?

Whilst i agree with you, you would have to wonder why he tweeted in English and not his native language.
  • Options
    is it actually his twitter account?. were a shambles and this sort of shit sums up what a joke we have become really hope saturday is toxic for slade, wonder if meire will be getting the train with her heavies wouldnt fancy there chances tbf.
  • Options
    It's only to remind him to get a PS4, so he can do some real scouting for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a weak joke, rather like his 'football career'
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Allan Simonsen (European footballer of the Year 1977)
    Transferred from Barcelona to Charlton Athletic 1982 (16 Appearances, 9 goals)

Piotr Parzyszek (aka Polish Pete)
    Transferred from De Graffschap to Charlton Athletic in 2014 (1 appearance as sub)

I'm not without a sense of humour Thomas but really, Parzyszek?
    Now that's funny!

• Options

It's a weak joke, rather like his 'football career'

This is where I want to 'Like' and 'LOL'.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Transferred from De Graffschap to Charlton Athletic in 2014 (1 appearance as sub)

Now that's funny!

Thomas Driesen told Duchatelet that Piotr Parzyszek wasn't good enough according to Matt Wright's excellent article in the Superb VOTV October Issue (page 5 top right hand corner)

So we must assume that the Douchebag gave the green light not Thomas, 14 and 3 quarters to that particular transfer.
  • Options

Now that's funny!

Thomas Driesen told Duchatelet that Piotr Parzyszek wasn't good enough according to Matt Wright's excellent article in the Superb VOTV October Issue (page 5 top right hand corner)
    But who's going to tell Duchatalet that Driesen isn't good enough?!
  • Options

Yohann Thuram-Ulien
    Transferred from Standard Liege to Charlton Athletic in 2014 (Refused to travel to game at Sheffield United)

I'm not without a sense of humour Thomas but really Thuram-Ulien?
    Now that's funny!

So we must assume that the Douchebag gave the green light not Thomas, 14 and 3 quarters to that particular transfer.
    ok, thanks, I'll sub in Thuram-Ulien for Polish Pete on the assumption that the former was indeed a Driesen recommendation. If he wasn't then I'm sure I can find another!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Don't be such a twatter Prague :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    LouisMend said:

I seem to be alone in this, but I continue to have my suspicions about this account, and unfortunately therefore the entire SLP interview, because @Airman Brown told me that the person they interviewed demonstrated he had the login details for this account. And of course they will have done a lot of back up work to ensure the authenticity of this TD.

Also, as a committed "anti-conspiracy theorist" I asked myself what would be gained by such an elaborate fake, and by whom, and I admit I can't think that this would advantage the club, and therefore Pitch PR would not recommend it. So the only other motivation would be a fan troll, but it would have to be a sophisticated and dedicated one, because it is true that the account shows at least a passing acquaintance with Belgium.

So I am probably driving myself nuts, but, well, testing authenticity on the net is part of my day job, so here goes with my doubts:

1. What is it for? To whom is he tweeting exactly? Not a single tweet in Flemish until I provoked him (btw his answer according to Google Translate is "After this, dissolved". Make of that what you will ). There are retweets from and about famous Belgian footballers and other sports people…but the key is famous. No tweets from players he must know personally, or at least may have ‘scouted”??

2. On the other hand if he wanted to be taken seriously for his work, as he implied in his SLP interview, wouldn't he use his Twitter account (which remember he only set up when he 'broke cover' in September) to promote his work and his skills, and would he not aim that at the Belgian pro football market, and thus be in Flemish or French?

3. That tweet about the car crash which allegedly involved his best friend...again in English...something very odd about that. I tried to locate the foto on the wider web, without success. The ambulances shown are probably Belgian, it seems.

Overall it looks to me that this account seeks to mainly address an English audience and simply to say to that audience "this is me". But it doesnt say to anyone "this is me, and I am doing something brilliant and innovative in the world of professional football", does it?

I am probably on a wild goose chase, but it interests me at least so I thought I would share my doubts. That said,, he is probably reading and enjoying this thread, so if anyone has any serious idea how to test the authenticity further, better to send me a PM...

If it is genuine then he really is not a particularly bright young man. Again, that bothers me, but a lot of people will not be surprised I guess.

Through this Twitter account TD sent me a photo of his Belgian ID card, then his Belgian ID Card next to some Charlton shorts, then a photo of himself holding a piece of paper with his Twitter username written on it.
    Was this by choice from TD that he sent one bit after the other or were you just very skeptical wanting more info?

Sorry just very nosey sometimes lol!
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I seem to be alone in this, but I continue to have my suspicions about this account, and unfortunately therefore the entire SLP interview, because @Airman Brown told me that the person they interviewed demonstrated he had the login details for this account. And of course they will have done a lot of back up work to ensure the authenticity of this TD.

Also, as a committed "anti-conspiracy theorist" I asked myself what would be gained by such an elaborate fake, and by whom, and I admit I can't think that this would advantage the club, and therefore Pitch PR would not recommend it. So the only other motivation would be a fan troll, but it would have to be a sophisticated and dedicated one, because it is true that the account shows at least a passing acquaintance with Belgium.

So I am probably driving myself nuts, but, well, testing authenticity on the net is part of my day job, so here goes with my doubts:

1. What is it for? To whom is he tweeting exactly? Not a single tweet in Flemish until I provoked him (btw his answer according to Google Translate is "After this, dissolved". Make of that what you will ). There are retweets from and about famous Belgian footballers and other sports people…but the key is famous. No tweets from players he must know personally, or at least may have ‘scouted”??

2. On the other hand if he wanted to be taken seriously for his work, as he implied in his SLP interview, wouldn't he use his Twitter account (which remember he only set up when he 'broke cover' in September) to promote his work and his skills, and would he not aim that at the Belgian pro football market, and thus be in Flemish or French?

3. That tweet about the car crash which allegedly involved his best friend...again in English...something very odd about that. I tried to locate the foto on the wider web, without success. The ambulances shown are probably Belgian, it seems.

Overall it looks to me that this account seeks to mainly address an English audience and simply to say to that audience "this is me". But it doesnt say to anyone "this is me, and I am doing something brilliant and innovative in the world of professional football", does it?

I am probably on a wild goose chase, but it interests me at least so I thought I would share my doubts. That said,, he is probably reading and enjoying this thread, so if anyone has any serious idea how to test the authenticity further, better to send me a PM...

If it is genuine then he really is not a particularly bright young man. Again, that bothers me, but a lot of people will not be surprised I guess.

The entire interview was indeed done through this Twitter account.

Through this Twitter account TD sent me a photo of his Belgian ID card, then his Belgian ID Card next to some Charlton shorts, then a photo of himself holding a piece of paper with his Twitter username written on it.

We warned the club that we were releasing the interview the night before we did. I understand KM then contacted TD who sent KM the copy of the piece I had sent to TD via his Twitter account. You may have noticed that the club have at no point refuted that this was a genuine interview with the real TD and also haven't said this isn't his Twitter account, because it is.

This is his Twitter account!
    Obviously he isn't a very bright young man then.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

We warned the club that we were releasing the interview the night before we did. I understand KM then contacted TD who sent KM the copy of the piece I had sent to TD via his Twitter account. You may have noticed that the club have at no point refuted that this was a genuine interview with the real TD and also haven't said this isn't his Twitter account, because it is.

Exactly. If this isn't him surely the club would have been the first to tell the public it was a fake account!
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Exactly. If this isn't him surely the club would have been the first to tell the public it was a fake account!
    Unless, of course, the whole "TD" character is a fake and the club has also fallen for it.

Remember Sourness signing "George Weah's cousin" for Southampton?
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Unless, of course, the whole "TD" character is a fake and the club has also fallen for it.

Remember Sourness signing "George Weah's cousin" for Southampton?
    Didn't Roland say though that he actually knows TD when he came over for the Target20k meeting?

He was certainly the first person within the club to bring him up
  • Options

Nailed it
  • Options
    The best thing about this whole sorry incident is that it was Flaggy who first pulled him up on it.