Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trolling Driesen

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:

I seem to be alone in this, but I continue to have my suspicions about this account, and unfortunately therefore the entire SLP interview, because @Airman Brown told me that the person they interviewed demonstrated he had the login details for this account. And of course they will have done a lot of back up work to ensure the authenticity of this TD.

Also, as a committed "anti-conspiracy theorist" I asked myself what would be gained by such an elaborate fake, and by whom, and I admit I can't think that this would advantage the club, and therefore Pitch PR would not recommend it. So the only other motivation would be a fan troll, but it would have to be a sophisticated and dedicated one, because it is true that the account shows at least a passing acquaintance with Belgium.

So I am probably driving myself nuts, but, well, testing authenticity on the net is part of my day job, so here goes with my doubts:

1. What is it for? To whom is he tweeting exactly? Not a single tweet in Flemish until I provoked him (btw his answer according to Google Translate is "After this, dissolved". Make of that what you will ). There are retweets from and about famous Belgian footballers and other sports people…but the key is famous. No tweets from players he must know personally, or at least may have ‘scouted”??

2. On the other hand if he wanted to be taken seriously for his work, as he implied in his SLP interview, wouldn't he use his Twitter account (which remember he only set up when he 'broke cover' in September) to promote his work and his skills, and would he not aim that at the Belgian pro football market, and thus be in Flemish or French?

3. That tweet about the car crash which allegedly involved his best friend...again in English...something very odd about that. I tried to locate the foto on the wider web, without success. The ambulances shown are probably Belgian, it seems.

Overall it looks to me that this account seeks to mainly address an English audience and simply to say to that audience "this is me". But it doesnt say to anyone "this is me, and I am doing something brilliant and innovative in the world of professional football", does it?

I am probably on a wild goose chase, but it interests me at least so I thought I would share my doubts. That said,, he is probably reading and enjoying this thread, so if anyone has any serious idea how to test the authenticity further, better to send me a PM...

If it is genuine then he really is not a particularly bright young man. Again, that bothers me, but a lot of people will not be surprised I guess.

The entire interview was indeed done through this Twitter account.

Through this Twitter account TD sent me a photo of his Belgian ID card, then his Belgian ID Card next to some Charlton shorts, then a photo of himself holding a piece of paper with his Twitter username written on it.

We warned the club that we were releasing the interview the night before we did. I understand KM then contacted TD who sent KM the copy of the piece I had sent to TD via his Twitter account. You may have noticed that the club have at no point refuted that this was a genuine interview with the real TD and also haven't said this isn't his Twitter account, because it is.

This is his Twitter account!
    Thanks Louis. I was not clear whether this TD had ever produced a foto for you, which clearly resembles particularly the one of the guy standing next to Riga, or the guy sitting next to KM in the foto Airman used. So he did, and presumably his ID card has a foto on it too which corresponds.

Fair enough.

In which case he really is not very bright. That Twitter account is vacuous. It looks like the work of a star-struck teenager. Although his English language skills are awesome, not just fluent but with all the idioms of someone who talks to Brits of his age on a very regular basis.

So then what I wonder is, why did he decide to break cover now? And why does he maintain this Twitter account? Not to build his career, obviously.

What do you think?

• Options
    Stig said:

If you look at his username, you can see his age.

Thought it was his IQ.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

I seem to be alone in this, but I continue to have my suspicions about this account, and unfortunately therefore the entire SLP interview, because @Airman Brown told me that the person they interviewed demonstrated he had the login details for this account. And of course they will have done a lot of back up work to ensure the authenticity of this TD.

Also, as a committed "anti-conspiracy theorist" I asked myself what would be gained by such an elaborate fake, and by whom, and I admit I can't think that this would advantage the club, and therefore Pitch PR would not recommend it. So the only other motivation would be a fan troll, but it would have to be a sophisticated and dedicated one, because it is true that the account shows at least a passing acquaintance with Belgium.

So I am probably driving myself nuts, but, well, testing authenticity on the net is part of my day job, so here goes with my doubts:

1. What is it for? To whom is he tweeting exactly? Not a single tweet in Flemish until I provoked him (btw his answer according to Google Translate is "After this, dissolved". Make of that what you will ). There are retweets from and about famous Belgian footballers and other sports people…but the key is famous. No tweets from players he must know personally, or at least may have ‘scouted”??

2. On the other hand if he wanted to be taken seriously for his work, as he implied in his SLP interview, wouldn't he use his Twitter account (which remember he only set up when he 'broke cover' in September) to promote his work and his skills, and would he not aim that at the Belgian pro football market, and thus be in Flemish or French?

3. That tweet about the car crash which allegedly involved his best friend...again in English...something very odd about that. I tried to locate the foto on the wider web, without success. The ambulances shown are probably Belgian, it seems.

Overall it looks to me that this account seeks to mainly address an English audience and simply to say to that audience "this is me". But it doesnt say to anyone "this is me, and I am doing something brilliant and innovative in the world of professional football", does it?

I am probably on a wild goose chase, but it interests me at least so I thought I would share my doubts. That said,, he is probably reading and enjoying this thread, so if anyone has any serious idea how to test the authenticity further, better to send me a PM...

If it is genuine then he really is not a particularly bright young man. Again, that bothers me, but a lot of people will not be surprised I guess.

The entire interview was indeed done through this Twitter account.

Through this Twitter account TD sent me a photo of his Belgian ID card, then his Belgian ID Card next to some Charlton shorts, then a photo of himself holding a piece of paper with his Twitter username written on it.

We warned the club that we were releasing the interview the night before we did. I understand KM then contacted TD who sent KM the copy of the piece I had sent to TD via his Twitter account. You may have noticed that the club have at no point refuted that this was a genuine interview with the real TD and also haven't said this isn't his Twitter account, because it is.

This is his Twitter account!
    Thanks Louis. I was not clear whether this TD had ever produced a foto for you, which clearly resembles particularly the one of the guy standing next to Riga, or the guy sitting next to KM in the foto Airman used. So he did, and presumably his ID card has a foto on it too which corresponds.

Fair enough.

In which case he really is not very bright. That Twitter account is vacuous. It looks like the work of a star-struck teenager. Although his English language skills are awesome, not just fluent but with all the idioms of someone who talks to Brits of his age on a very regular basis.

So then what I wonder is, why did he decide to break cover now? And why does he maintain this Twitter account? Not to build his career, obviously.

What do you think?

He told me he, despite being "advised but not obliged not to talk to journalists" by Roland that he wanted to speak ecause many things in the media or that supporters thought "were completely wrong" and Roland doesn't defend himself.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Wow. CL has an absolute hard-on for Driesen, doesn't it?

ANYTHING he could possibly do - speak; breathe; eat; exist; anything - he'll get lambasted for. And any time we're alerted to him doing anything out come the pitchfork mob.

I'm not saying that he's a good thing for our club, but if you're in your early 20s and have the ear of a multi-millionaire who's got you scouting for a multi-million pound football club (a former Premier League team no less!), then wtf would you do? "Oh no these fans are on my back, let's give up the career opportunity of a lifetime"?

Of course not.

I want him gone because he's a useless waste of hair and skin, who's shit at football, but ultimately that goes up to KM and RD.

Giving him grief over a tweet, and getting worked up over what is CLEARLY a joke, is completely ridiculous.

The problem I think, is that some have interpreted his tweet as mocking the indignation felt regarding his role at CAFC. And who's to say that wasn't his intention?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

ANYTHING he could possibly do - speak; breathe; eat; exist; anything - he'll get lambasted for. And any time we're alerted to him doing anything out come the pitchfork mob.

I'm not saying that he's a good thing for our club, but if you're in your early 20s and have the ear of a multi-millionaire who's got you scouting for a multi-million pound football club (a former Premier League team no less!), then wtf would you do? "Oh no these fans are on my back, let's give up the career opportunity of a lifetime"?

Of course not.

I want him gone because he's a useless waste of hair and skin, who's shit at football, but ultimately that goes up to KM and RD.

Giving him grief over a tweet, and getting worked up over what is CLEARLY a joke, is completely ridiculous.

Take a look at the rest of his feed. That is not a "career-building" Twitter account. I know what such an account looks like, as do several Lifers who maintain such accounts. That was why I was suspicious of its authenticity. It is inane. And of course the issue is not him , but the fact that RD hired such a no-mark and put him in such a role, with such devastating effect on our club.

Yeah of course it's not a career-building account, and yet we're judging him as if it is. Like I said, anything he does is going to be shat upon by Charlton fans. I don't really understand it.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Of course not.

The problem I think, is that some have interpreted his tweet as mocking the indignation felt regarding his role at CAFC. And who's to say that wasn't his intention?
    If anything I would say there's a fair amount of self awareness and wit there, too, then.

If it was his intention, he's a silly muppet, but with fifteen tweets and <200 followers, I...

nah, I fully just don't give a shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be funny if he was actually good at what he done as a profession. In reality he is very bad at it, so essentially he's just mocking himself and in turn mocking us as fans of a Club he is ruining and football scouts - some of whom work their socks off and get very little recognition for this. I know this, as I know a couple and their praises go unsung.

• Options
    The criticism should be directed at the regime for employing the silly little lad rather than the silly little lad himself.
    I'm sure he cant believe his luck at somehow having been given some credibility by the idiots in charge.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

Was this by choice from TD that he sent one bit after the other or were you just very skeptical wanting more info?

Sorry just very nosey sometimes lol!
    I was very sceptical that such a golden interview will have just fallen into my lap so easily.

Jokingly I asked him to prove he was the real deal by sending me Roland's phone number at first.
    The only communication to Roland Duchatelet's bunker is by a homing Pigeon,which is why the Peter Varney bid fell on death ears(KM)
    A Neighbour of RD's is a witness to a Pigeon being shot with an air rifle and a piece of paper taken from a pouch on the bird, to his master by a Shifty looking man in a black suit and glasses.

I can only assume the Leader didn't want the Homing Pigeon to sing like a canary once back on South London terra firma ?

• Options
    Is Flaggy named after the favourite thing they do on CharltonLife?
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm Drieson is shit at football?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All those people who think playing football manager is a waste of time....

Excuse me while i update my CV
  • Options
    All those experienced people out there and we end up with him. It's insulting to us and our club. It wouldn't matter if he could do the job but that clearly is not the case.
    Hammer(not literally)him and all the others at every opportunity.
  • Options
    By putting that joke up (whether it's funny or not although my personal opinion, it's a bit of a let down humour wise)

Sort of shows he's looking for attention on the subject matter...and now the SLP episode is on the back burner...he needs to be remembered for the same thing again.

I'm probably taking this too seriously, to the point where "the comedian" may use his wit to take the piss further down the road.

I just simply think he's a prick.

*Checks terms and conditions for my use of language aimed at an individual*
  • Options

He's an ungracious Belgian twat... I sent him details of this hot prospect Gooie Van der Plop of FC Fooknose and he never got back to me!!!

I assume left back.

No one can replace fox mate
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

The criticism should be directed at the regime for employing the silly little lad rather than the silly little lad himself.
    I'm sure he cant believe his luck at somehow having been given some credibility by the idiots in charge.

So by the same logic we should back off Meire.
  • Options
    I see your point, but I disagree. A CEO is responsible, ultimately, for everything that happens in a business. TD is a junior monkey with influence disproportionate to his skills. KM is top dog and answers only to Roland.
  • Options
    If only instead of consulting a road map Roland was looking seriously at a Carte des Sorties.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I see your point, but I disagree. A CEO is responsible, ultimately, for everything that happens in a business. TD is a junior monkey with influence disproportionate to his skills. KM is top dog and answers only to Roland.

I disagree, I think the owner/board/chairman/whatever is ultimately responsible in a set-up like this. That includes the shortcomings of those below them, and whether or not they set up those individuals to succeed or fail. In this case Roland has done nothing but set Meire up to fail. She's not without her faults obviously, but for me the buck stops at the very top. I know we're splitting hairs a bit here.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Stig said:

I don't know if it's a real account or not, though Louis seems to have been pretty thorough in checking him out. What I do know is this though, if ever Card do a murder mystery evening as a fund-raiser, I want to be on Prague's team.

So he can come up with the wrong conclusion ?
    Yeah but the explanation will be brilliant. Correctness is overrated, but everyone loves a good story.