Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trolling Driesen

124»

Comments

• Options
    I like the 'vanity appointment'.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I prefer 'Insanity Appointment'.

Driesen is more of an 'inanity appointment'
  • Options

I just have this nagging concern over whether this is actually Driesen - after all, his English is too colloquial for me - after all, who, outside the UK would start their sentence with 'Nahh' - and i'm fairly sure there was a similar word/phrase that was used before that didnt seem right to a non-English first language speaker. There's something not quite right about this.

Well I was suspicious too, for similar reasons (as well as the fact that his Twittering does virtually nothing to promote his supposed professional skills). However if you look back to @LouisMend replies on this thread you see that the guy running this account provided foto evidence (including official Belgian ID card), which matched the fotos from the Belgian article etc. So I think it is him, beyond any reasonable doubt.

But what that means is that he really is not very clever at all, another truly ridiculous vanity appointment by RD who again shows his semi-detached relationship with the human race. I would say that this Twitter account is mainly aimed at us, an shows the maturity of someone even younger than he apparently is. I think it is worth the focus because the entire Driesen story shows the wider world how ridiculous (and damaging) RD is as a football club owner.

It is worth repeating that both Driesen and Meire inveigled their way into Duchatelet's confidence by e-mailing him with left-field ideas which Duchatelet has a penchant for picking up and running with irrespective of any
    criticism this bizarre business approach attracts.
    This is nothing new of course but it does demonstrate the cavalier attitude which RD adopts when dealing with enterprises beyond his core business.

In a way his appointment of Driesen as a football scout far exceeds and exposes his fundamental lack of nous (and/or his liking to shock those in whose industry he has crash landed in) than that of Meire. At least Meire, with some experience in European competition law, came forward with ideas to assist him with the take-over of various clubs when RD was at Standard Leige whereas Driesen was/is a self-confessed football freak who ensconced himself in his room with packets of Pringles and a laptop and proceeded to create the first purely internet-reliant football scout - no overheads of course - no silly travelling half-way across Europe to some Greek 3rd division encounter only to find it was a wild-goose chase. No - instead hot coffee and hot waffles bought upstairs by his mum to his room at regular intervals and once part of the RD empire a supply of 'corporate' clothing including a Charlton hoodie and a very tasteful Ujpest first team shirt. Somebody's already mentioned it but if Jonathan Acworth had sent that e-mail instead of Driesen......................!!

Seriously though, IMO Duchatelet needs to be exposed for the chancer he is and much moreso in his own country than might currently be the case although its true to say there may be others who are closer to affairs there who may know different -----but we really do need to demonstrate to the Belgian sporting public and more importantly to the Football League that they are harbouring a footballing Dr Frankenstein who, rather than having created and lost control of one monster, has instead spread the results of his ill-conceived experiments across Europe with Meire, now arrogantly running riot and unchecked in her undeserved CEO role here, and the increasingly Twitter-faux pas incompetent Driesen in Belgium, being the most odious of his monster creations.
  • Options
    good feedback @PragueAddick
  • Options
    A spindle indeed.

Good work, Prague. At least RD has put him back in his box.