Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    O'loughlins Wikipedia entry already showing him as the new manager. Or is someone up to mischief?...
  • Options
    What can/should the players do? What if - say - Jacko told Katrien that if she doesn't walk then the players won't play?
  • Options
    It does have logic.

It has the 'we need to do something right now to stop these protesters, the protesting is all about the results, we need a scapegoat, execute scapegoat number 1 of the season right now, it'll make me feel better on my 70th birthday.'

Happy Birthday Roland, sounds like a memorable one.
  • Options
    We are a laughing stock.
    Belgians out.
  • Options
    Apologies if I missed someone else posting this but has just appeared on the guardian and hopefully elsewhere https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/14/charlton-athletic-russell-slade-league-one
    Katrien can only face the media under the severest of scrutiny. Good luck Miere!
  • Options

O'loughlins Wikipedia entry already showing him as the new manager. Or is someone up to mischief?...

If u look at editing history they have corrected this as persistent vandalism. Why the hell doesn't Roland's page get listed with permanent bloody vandalism to the club we support?
  • Options

What can/should the players do? What if - say - Jacko told Katrien that if she doesn't walk then the players won't play?

Never in a month of Sundays.
  • Options

Never in a month of Sundays.
    You're probably right but this is the year of "it'll never happen"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beyond parody, it really is. Roly, you've done failure. Over and over again.
  • Options
    olster said:

When Fraeye was sacked, Charlton were a plural noun:

'Charlton Athletic have relieved Karel Fraeye of his duties as Interim Head Coach.'

Now we're a singular noun:

'Charlton Athletic has today parted company with manager Russell Slade'

When I worked at a small charity, we'd work for hours to make sure our press releases were consistent and professional. Not here, it's like they've given up.

No offence @olster (not that this should be in anyway offensive) but I don't think that's really a reflection on a club, but more the superb standards you've previously worked with.

Genuinely speaking, that shows a lot of pride in your work. So top marks to that charity!
  • Options
    olster said:

'Charlton Athletic have relieved Karel Fraeye of his duties as Interim Head Coach.'

When I worked at a small charity, we'd work for hours to make sure our press releases were consistent and professional. Not here, it's like they've given up.

They have not given up, they are just amateurs.

• Options
    I'm glad he's gone. Awful coach. Didn't like him either. Maybe they'll get it right some day. A joke.
  • Options
    olster said:

I think this is just perhaps unbelievable honesty from the club.

Back in the day, they were attempting to convince us that the club remained a plurality and that a consensual decision had been made.

Now they just can't be bothered and the truth is that the one individual who for this purpose is wearing the alias Charlton Athletic, has today parted company with Brussels.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

olster said:

No offence @olster (not that this should be in anyway offensive) but I don't think that's really a reflection on a club, but more the superb standards you've previously worked with.

Genuinely speaking, that shows a lot of pride in your work. So top marks to that charity!
    Our Chief Exec was a pedant ;-)

Fair enough, but I still think it's sloppy...i guess I'm most disappointed that we didn't see an RD rant.
  • Options
    Brussels had his sprouts.
  • Options

olster said:

I think this is just perhaps unbelievable honesty from the club.

Back in the day, they were attempting to convince us that the club remained a plurality and that a consensual decision had been made.

Now they just can't be bothered and the truth is that the one individual who for this purpose is wearing the alias Charlton Athletic, has today parted company with Brussels.
    Spot on mate.

Honesty is - unsurprisingly - the best way forward for the club. Despite the lack of it so far, which is what does make this approach surprising.

The club know that they can hire whichever group of spin doctors they want, but lies (like the interview numbers for Luzon) are pointless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They can't be honest until they understand what the club means to the community.

They've never shown an interest in that and they never will.
  • Options

Carrying on my earlier thread, it makes no sense. We can't get any more players in untill Jan, many have posted on here that the youngsters aren't quite ready yet, and Slade has recognised this. Sure he could be criticised for not seeing this in the last transfer window, but we are where we are.
    The defensive style of play recognised this, and it was not fans wanted to see, but it was covering up the deficiencies in the squad.
    Any new manager coming in will be faced with the same constraints, and I can't see them doing any better.
    We should have stuck with Slade, given him at least another transfer window, and then made a judgement.
    This is a crass decision, pathetic in my opinion, and has strengthened the campaign that the present owners now need to leave.

Don't agree. The bloke was technically useless imo. Lost a few games for us from winning positions because of his ineffectual substitutions.
  • Options

Apologies if I missed someone else posting this but has just appeared on the guardian and hopefully elsewhere https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/14/charlton-athletic-russell-slade-league-one
    Katrien can only face the media under the severest of scrutiny. Good luck Miere!

They are talking about promotion ? It is fantasy land, the lack of depth in the squad & that midfield. The disfunctional way these chumps run the club. They never take any effing responsibility for anything. Trying to pin everything on Slade.
  • Options

Duchatelet is the problem not Slade, who is just a symptom of the toxicity of our club. Ok, the football was uninspiring.

I have zero confidence of our failed leaders finding a good manager willing to work with them. So they should have stuck with him imo.

In fact i'm starting to loose interest in who the tospots sack next.

At least I managed to have my say on Talksport this evening, warning about our dear CEO -she is part of the problem. Was anybody listening I wonder?

There is a thread on it. As long as you aren't Paul from Southend.
  • Options
    Even if you were Paul from southend, people were listening.

Well done for getting on the program.

I agree the Slade sacking is unlikely to help as the barrel is rotten from the top.
  • Options
    I'm sure Pitch PR Or whatever they are called have been paid enough to disable his internet access.

Anyway he's probably in bed now after one of the best 70th birthday celebrations ever.
  • Options
    DEAD CAT ON THE TABLE LOOK EVERYONE!!!