Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    Just landed in Trumpland to this hilarious news. Happy belated birthday Roland.
  • Options
    Wonder if the new bloke will start picking Tex in place of Pearce and BA in place of Crofts.
  • Options

Surprised to wake up to this news this morning, thanks to Chicago Addick's blog alert.

I've seen two games under Slade, Scunthorpe and Swindon, probably the best and worst performances of the season, if I am to believe what I've read. After the 3-1 Cup game it was almost a case of "what's the problem? Yes, there were times in the game when we struggled but the game was entertaining. Then I watched the Swindon game on TV........................!

Whether he should have been sacked at this particular juncture I can't say. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, whether there are problems among the players. But what I do know, as do the rest of us, is that the root cause of the problems is the ownership and management.

For someone that doesn't seem to have a problem sacking managers for doing a poor job, how the feck is Katrien Meire, the woman who has cost Duchatalet millions due to her poor decisions and contract negotiations, still in gainful employment? Does she fob her boss off with the same lines of bullshit that she uses to the media and in her 34 meetings with the fans?

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you appoint a manager merely because they are British. British isn't always best.
  • Options
    Sure I read somewhere in the early days of Duche ownership that he believed managers were disposable and by simply replacing them would provide an upturn in results. The pattern of sackings seems to confirm the approach but also, unfortunately for us, shows us what a nut job we have in charge, as results do not improve if you never give the manager decent resources and then time.

Initially I laughed at the sacking, then I thought well done CARD, but now I think this is simply the Duche approach. This was planned if results were not on target.
  • Options
    As I said on a Slade thread, this lot did not ask supporters what we wanted in a manager, if they had been listening to what was being said they would have known that we were not asking for a British manager, but one that understood to the English leagues and had proven ability to push the club forward.

That is still the case. We do not want some untried wally that won a game once and has watched the english game on tv. If this Chris bloke is appointed I do not expect CARD or anyone else to cut him any slack. We have seen this type of appointment before and I for one do not feel in a charitable mood to watch yet another experiment develop.

The ONLY way to persuade me to give him a chance is if he sacks KM first and appoints a proper experienced CEO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the money his wasted on paying up his manger mistakes he could have used on the squad to keep players like watt and vetokele playing for us instead of out on loan we might have had strong enough squads then instead of thread thin. Olaughing as next manager it's not funny anymore and I'm not laughing.
  • Options
    The events around November 14 2016 will officially confirm what we know already:

The lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRNYqsMIbg0
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Is it true that this is the new manager's entrance at Charlton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2TKb66dyU
  • Options
    And when Chris o loughlin gets sacked in early Feb, welcome nobby
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Is it true that this is the new manager's entrance at Charlton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2TKb66dyU

Hope the chap seen at the start of the video managed to deliver the boxes of vol-au-vents ok though.
  • Options
    This all smells of a Roland intervention to me. Humiliated by a struggling side live on tv and him rumoured to be in town, no announcmenet suggests no manager lined up or not signed off.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

No sympathy for Slade. Before you take on a new job you do your research, and the majority of football people know the club is a basket case. Did he not chat to Powell, Euell etc before hand? Or did he think this was a challenge/project he would win.

Who ever comes in next under these owners is a dead man walking.

It would never surprise me that Duchaletet is steaming that his 70th Birthday weekend has been tainted by those horrible Charlton Customers and he has sacked Slade in an act of petulance like a spoiled 8 year old that has had candles blown out on his cake by his man servant.

Before anyone throws their teddies around, everyone who went out to Belgium was One hundred percent spot on. He needs to sell up but this is the mentality we are having to put up with.

In a perverse sort of way, this has once again highlighted to the media world how incompetent the senior management are. Talksport was correct with their passionate views last night. Will the FA and The Football League do anything? Highly unlikely. It’s just another chapter in the mess that is Charlton Athletic.

Third paragraph down is probably spot on.
  • Options
    jams said:

No, surely that's Riga time again.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

masicat said:

Obviously the usual whingers on here wanted him gone. That said, a win yesterday would have put us around 5th in the current form table. The whingers will now be on here moaning at the club for sacking him. Funny old game.

We didn't win on Saturday though.

And we're 15th in the actual table.

People are 'whinging' as you put it because they are sick and tired of seeing the club sinking further and further week after week because of ineptitude on and off the pitch.

Yes I complained heavily about Slade's football, and yes I'm going to complain just as much about his incompetent replacement - deal with it.
    Got your point. The football has been so good for the last 5 years it has been a real shock to the system to see the dross we now play. Fact is, things have been slowly ( and i do mean slowly ) improving. The Swindon game was a step back, I think we all know why. People like you moan so much that those of us trying to see some positives are being suffocated. You have even acknowledged you are ready to boo the new bloke already. Why not let him join and then decide after a few games ? To do anything other than that is a sign of sheer stupidity. Oh, and tomsign off, DEAL WITH THAT !! ( and before you think otherwise , I support CARD )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

razil said:

This all smells of a Roland intervention to me. Humiliated by a struggling side live on tv and him rumoured to be in town, no announcmenet suggests no manager lined up or not signed off.

Nailed on. The question is where it leaves Meire.

They didn't delay that announcement last night until 9.40pm while having a plan that everyone on the board is signed up to or because they were just arguing over the form of words, IMO.
    Meire has thrown Slade under the bus to save her own job.
  • Options
    jams said:

Yup. Do you reckon he lines up 5 managers and thinks 'well that's the next two years sorted, we'll just work through them until we're in the conference.'
  • Options
    So no Slexit plan.

What we really need is to trigger article 2 and achieve a Miere Miexit and a Roland Rexit.

Actually 'wrecksit' is a more appropriate term.

Please scuttle back to where you came from so you can be consigned to weird anecdotes in years to come in the pubs of SE London. We will laugh at you.
  • Options

razil said:

They didn't delay that announcement last night until 9.40pm while having a plan that everyone on the board is signed up to or because they were just arguing over the form of words, IMO.
    Surely RD doesn't put decisions to the board before making them? He makes decisions and Meire (and in the past Murray) have to spin them into being the right ones
  • Options

razil said:

Sadly I'd say the same as before, this is all very familiar.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    razil said:

Does have a whiff of eau de Roland about it all