Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options

RedChaser said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6s7 seconds ago
    Think one of the things that went unseen by fans with Slade was some of foundations put in behind scenes - improved spirit around the club.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11s11 seconds ago
    Because was experienced boss he could fend off unwanted players and he did things to build positive mood for players.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7s7 seconds ago
    Made quite a few changes at training ground. You can make case that team wasn't exciting to watch but he had one transfer window.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 30s30 seconds ago
    Couple of deals didn't quite fall in summer. Waited on getting Louis Thompson from Norwich but he ended up sticking where he was.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 14s14 seconds ago
    And the run until Christmas is tough. Home to Port Vale, Sheff Utd and Peterborough - all in play-off positions.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6s6 seconds ago
    Away to Bristol Rovers, Bradford and Millwall. Something for the new boss to get his teeth into.....

O'Loughlin will relish this.

He'll probably lose all six and we'll be on our third manager by Christmas.
    Don't bet with Otto this time Elfs, learn from your mistake :wink:
    Not paid him yet!

Can someone get to Chislehurst and interview Russell Slade so we can hear his side of the story!

Whilst taking the aclaim from the Orient fans pre-season I told Slade that this mob were poison and he should not have taken the job.

And now he's cost you £20 :smiley:
    Lol lol lol
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Here we go again with Duchatelet & Meire making complete fools of themselves, bringing further humiliation on the club they've now shown beyond all reasonable doubt that they are utterly incapable of managing.

Slade's football has certainly given cause for concern at times but without a major breach of discipline his sacking after just 16 games only serves to illustrate further the complete incompetence of the CEO and owner as they create yet another crisis. IF there was a plan in place (tuh!, the very thought of it) to replace him with someone more qualified and with a more positive outlook, it might just about be understandable, but all previous decisions point to another ill-considered cock-up, and probably someone without any of the contacts and reputation Slade enjoys within the game.

So, once again the wrong head is chopped, whilst the cretin who appointed him sits smugly in place spouting crap and wasting resources on PR offensives against the very people she's supposed to be representing. Even for a stubborn, thick-skinned 70 year old who can't be bothered to attend a game, it can't really be that difficult to spot where the rot starts. It's looking more and more as though this is genuinely vindictive now.

Best post so far since the sacking announcement.
  • Options

Seems obvious to me that Douchebag has made this decision on spur of the moment. Probably on the back of results but also the visits to Belgium.

What it does do is make Pinnochio look even more incompetent and completely undermines her since it was only a few days ago she was on national radio saying that Slade was the right man and will be given time.

Anybody in her position with any self respect would resign.

I do wonder if this is the last straw for her
  • Options
    Save yourself a lot of money and sell the club Roland!
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m2 minutes ago
    Nigel Adkins in frame again for Charlton job

https://t.co/GYVeqQ5r67

If he can do for us what he did for Southampton....
  • Options

We need a goalie to make up our future team of managers fired by RD.
  • Options
    If only we could of been more patient!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the regime think that Chris O'Loughlin, who failed at Sint -Truden and has no relevant experience to the L1 whatsoever, is the answer then they really are delusional lunatics who never learn and should be locked away.
  • Options

Seems obvious to me that Douchebag has made this decision on spur of the moment. Probably on the back of results but also the visits to Belgium.

What it does do is make Pinnochio look even more incompetent and completely undermines her since it was only a few days ago she was on national radio saying that Slade was the right man and will be given time.

Anybody in her position with any self respect would resign.

To anybody with common sense bar Roland it seems!!!!
  • Options
    I would hope that the senior players would veto Chris O'Loughlin.
  • Options

Hmm. What does it say about us - and possibly about him - that a club not good enough for him in the summer (and which has become even more of a basket case since) is suddenly appealing.
  • Options
    On the plus side, Duchatalet's comments to the press have cleared up why he is not remotely bothered by Katrien Meire's constant lying.
  • Options
    excellent again Grapevine
  • Options

I wrote a long post but on re-reading I deleted it because in the end it just amounted to 'Roland, fuck off'. So I'll leave it at that.

That pretty much sums up every post and thread though doesn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bored of it to be honest
  • Options

Taken in isolation, getting rid of Slade and replacing him with Adkins would, at least for me, be a good move.

Of course why they didn't hire Adkins in the first place and then why they let Slade spend a load of money on his players plus six weeks waiting for Louis Thompson, who given the amount of time wasted on I can only imagine will be a Ballon D'or contender in 3-4 years is another story.
  • Options

We have to make his life a misery. The fight has to go to Belgium and be sustained. That is how we get him to sell. All the fans that went to Belgium are bloody heroes!!!!

Perhaps the protest fund can pay for a coach convoy to St Truiden?
  • Options
    The naivety of RD & KM is unbelievable. You have to assume they honestly believe they are pretty much blameless and just unlucky that the managers (in their view) keeping letting them down. Slade was on a hiding to nothing with a squad that contains just 1 established attacking midfielder, proven at L2 level only, yet a wealth of 6 first team centre-halves. A squad with only ageing veterans littered with injury problems in midfield (Crofts, Jackson and Foley), leaving just a loan signing in Ulvestad as another central midfield option.

So by making this change now, they presumably really believe the current squad is rounded enough to compete in the top 6. Well it's obvious to anyone who understands football that it isn't. Certain players are but that's not how you build a squad or a first XI.

How can RD keep KM in position with the recruitment of managers, players, contracts etc. leaving us so handicapped? Again and again. A budget hindered by subsidised loans of Ceballos, Watt, Vetokele and Sarr. Would it not have been better to keep the players here if we are paying for them anyway? Maybe Ceballos would have suited League One. I doubt it, but at least we'd be getting something back from someone we are paying for. If we had Sarr we could go for a unique formation to include all 7 centre halves!
  • Options
    @Grapevine49 Nailed it. Again!
  • Options
    On SkyBet: Adkins favourite at 1/1 and COL second favourite at 6/5. Rest aren't close.
  • Options
    @Grapevine49 my g, tell em how it is

I don't really have anything to add that's not already been said, except that I would genuinely welcome Nigel Adkins. He got every team he was at to try and play something resembling football, and I reckon he'll be able to manoeuvre his way past fair amounts of the board's draconian diktats.

But, we'll see.