Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

@Grapevine49 Nailed it. Again!

@i_b_b_o_r_g hasn't spoken yet, please refrain from gushing all over grapevine's articulate and constructed post until ibborg has had his say
    Krabbles are you two related?

No, you're thinking of @nibbles and @bubbles.
    Leave Bubbles out of this he doesn't post on here but he does still come to the valley with me occasionally.
    Some of you must remember him: )
    Wasn't he connected to Michael Jackson?!
  • Options

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

@i_b_b_o_r_g hasn't spoken yet, please refrain from gushing all over grapevine's articulate and constructed post until ibborg has had his say

Leave Bubbles out of this he doesn't post on here but he does still come to the valley with me occasionally.
    Yeah, I was on the Bubbles coach to Walsall, opening day of the 1972-73 season.
    Wild day that was.

• Options

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

Hahaha I'll tell him you said that
  • Options
    Surely Adkins wouldn't have any idea that Slade was to go last night - so what other reason would he have been at our games?
    Surely KM hasn't been whispering to Nigel & buttering him up?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

Wild day that was.

Fucking hell i'm a coach now
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

Wild day that was.

Weren't it just
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Surely Adkins wouldn't have any idea that Slade was to go last night - so what other reason would he have been at our games?
    Surely KM hasn't been whispering to Nigel & buttering him up?

We were playing Scunthorpe, which is "his club", where he started as a physio and then went on to be manager.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

Wild day that was.

Weren't it just
    cabbles said:

Oggy Red said:

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

Wild day that was.

Fucking hell i'm a coach now
    Apply for slade's old job then
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Tonight's standard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

Just tell him I'm a mate of Reams, he'll soon back off!
  • Options

We have to make his life a misery. The fight has to go to Belgium and be sustained. That is how we get him to sell. All the fans that went to Belgium are bloody heroes!!!!

Perhaps the protest fund can pay for a coach convoy to St Truiden?
    I read this initially as 'a coach' and was going to suggest this was insufficient. I now see it says coach convoy.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Tonight's standard

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

please ... nononononononononnono and fecking NO
  • Options
    Finally time for Marc Wilmots!!
  • Options

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

That's not what he was telling me last week! :wink:
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

BDL said:

cabbles said:

BDL said:

That's not what he was telling me last week! :wink:
    Oh yeah I forgot, he does not like Charlton fans.
  • Options

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

please ... nononononononononnono and fecking NO
    I was telling you at the Burnley 4-0 debacle this lot were no good mate.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Tonight's standard

Slade thanking everyone at the club "particularly the fans".
  • Options

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

Catering department more like
  • Options

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

Catering department more like
    Well he has now got a toy beach ball and half a dozen rubber pigs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

That's one more time than Daisy or Roland ever thanked us.
  • Options

robroy said:

Tonight's standard

Total bull****, Kojak was caning the 300 at Port Vale for voicing their disapproval with things.
  • Options

Not sure if Russell is happy or sad at his departure

Aaaggghh ffs the lol's are going to go through the roof on this one!

This is very funny tbf.
  • Options
    i have heard a big rumour that Gary Caldwell is in the frame.
  • Options

We all no what's needed it's curbs.they keep wasting money and time on new managers.lets face it yes the squad isn't strong enough but the managers have all had a fair share of money. When Gritt and curbs took over the budget was less than these guys have had. What I can remember they sold rob lee and got Simon Webster Gary nelson and Steve gatting on a free and challenged for promotion on limited resources.There is only him that could do that with this squad.he might need a central midfielder with legs or get Ba playing though. It's the only way there going to get fans inside as well if not division 4 here we come

I don't think Curbs - or as someone said Mourinho - would be able to do work successfully under this regime.
  • Options

I don't get the sympathy for Slade.

Certainly the real reason the club is a laughing stock and in a tailspin is completely down to Duchatelet and Meire but Slade has made a real pigs ear of managing team affairs.

He has blamed everyone including the fans for what can only be described as some appalling performances with a set of players that I think it's fair to say should be achieving more.

His team selections, formations and substitutions are frankly baffling and the negative tactics and lack of tactical nous are clear for everyone to see.

If we had a well run club with decent ownership Slade would still be Slade. Would he really be delivering more on the pitch ? For me the answer is clearly no. He had to go.

The farce continues because of what surrounded his appointment. Was he ever the right man ? Has the selection process for head coach ever thrown up the right man ?

We find ourselves looking to appoint the 8th head coach in 32 months which is a testament to the ineptitude of the regime.

Slade is gone and I'm not shedding any tears for him but I am for the embarrassing situation that Charlton Athletic finds itself.

If the aim was "promotion to the Sky Bet Championship", Slade was never the right man, never having achieved a promotion in his managerial career.
  • Options

Well I think we can be pretty clear from M. Duchatelet comments regarding the Belgian "invasion" just who the decision maker is around here.

Isn't it heart warming to know he can make such rational decisions based on just 1.5% of his time. With such a commitment is it anyone wonder he has shown absolutely no evidence of learning from his mistakes.

I was somewhat prophetically going compare on the post match thread last weekends performance against Swindon against Parkinson's last match versus.......Swindon.

It carried the same ineptitude. It carried the same imbalance. It portrayed a team lost which after 16 games simply could not deliver a performance worthy of any semi professional squad. To be fair it was almost a resignation letter from Slade in itself.

Parkinson fell to the "new broom" approach of a new executive.

Today however this executive and in particular this CEO has betrayed another manager.

In truth the basis of any coaching employment to deliver a successful outcome under this regime is currently beyond anyone's ability.

The demands of the profession at any club are already beyond insane. At any given point the manager of any club not positioned in and around the top six risks being classified as a failure or at least having his job under threat.

With this executive you also face the continuing challenge of complete executive ignorance of what running a football club entails. There is no executive leadership. The club is the definition of rudderless. The SMT are the epitome of "teflon" managers. Responsible for everything accountable for nothing.

The sexual discrimination allegation by the owner is as offensive as it ignorant. Truly the erratic words of a remote, disinterested provincial septuagenarian. Clearly he does not do failure because when it is staring him in the face he still cannot even recognise it. His only response is "I'll make the decisions round here". Is it any wonder his CEO is no more than a "puppet".

Any coach or manager has to contend with the interference of any number of known and unknown coaches, scouts, analysts and advisors. It resembles the very worst of management by committee where anybody who knows what they doing have to spend inordinate amounts of time explaining or justifying their decisions to those who simply have no clue and who almost revel in their ignorance and ambivalence.

Once again there appears to be an unhealthy executive relationship with the player clubhouse. Have once again noises from the squad simply got yet another coach /manager sacked.

The job is from top to bottom a poisoned chalice.

Any prospective employee comes to a club where there is no understanding of the industry, of the challenges involved and absolutely no patience in understanding how teams and squads are built and developed.

Then we come to the Duchatelet "trip step" which is the executive obsession with the "player" production line. Slades divergence from this strategy with only Konsa and Lookman featuring inconsistently will not have served him well. No matter those like Peeters who tried to follow the discipline fell under the same bus.

This outcome was written in the summer. Appointed too late, the early training session videos looked as if we were struggling to make up the numbers for a County League side. The pre season Austrian trip was a complete waste of time and money. How many of the current squad were even there?

Once again the transfer window left the manager with a completely unbalanced and one dimensional squad. It has been the bête noire of this executive. We have over 3 seasons been the easiest team to shut down. We simply rely or one or two attacking options with absolutely no depth. Any injury and the opposition just have close one player down. It will never, ever work.

At best it is built in mediocrity at worst it is a recipe for oblivion.

Quite why anyone would choose to work for such people is anyone's guess. The job should carry a health warning but no doubt someone will step into the role. The challenge however will be not only will they have the ability but the empowerment to build a squad to take the club forward without interference. Mr Wilder it appears was nobody's fool.

For all of his faults Slade at least had an industry profile. It is one on which the club relied during the close season. No matter with him regularly being challenged to accept any number of ill equipped signings we can but genuinely fear who is next brought through the door.

Surely any young player seeking to develop their game and progress their career with a club with a 7th appointment in less than 3 years can but surely seek more a stable environment in which to learn their profession.

In performance terms Slade as with his predecessors has failed to deliver the expected results. None however can know the true nature of the internal challenges he (and they) faced in working for the club.

The overall record under this executive speaks for itself and can but position where the problems truly lay.

Now somewhat inured from the emotion of it all following this club today increasingly drives a sense of embarrassment, despair and anger. For the sake of everyone's health and sanity there is a desperate requirement for this Belgian ownership and executive to withdraw from this appalling vanity exercise.

35 months into the "project" can they yet define precisely what they are trying to achieve. Every action, every decision screams out they have not the faintest idea.

Their reputation is now cast in stone. It is irrevocable. There is no path back. There is no redemption. They offer not one redeeming quality.

Any attempt to remain will simply generate even more condemnation, ridicule and derision.

There is no place for them in UK football.

Fantastic summary!
  • Options

What must JJ and Solly be thinking? 7 managers in 30 months and everyone of them moved on and the players are just expected to carry on under such a 'poisonous' regime.
    Imagine JJ and Solly standing at Sparrows Lane yesterday being told that manager number 7 has now departed!! Surely they must now see the regime for what it is - destroyers of a once proud football club.
    I wasn't a fan of RS or his style of football, and last Saturdays offering was pathetic in every sense of the word, but KM said only a week or so ago on Talksport that they had learned from their mistakes and RS is the 'manager' and on a 3 year contract to get us back to where we were - when they took over!! 16 games later - gone!!

CAFC I think will only improve now once either KM or RD/KM have gone. KM is the most inept CEO/COO I have ever witnessed working in that role, and I worked alongside and with far more effective and influential CEO's across the world and for people who make RD's wealth look paltry!!
    I bear her no personal malice, but in any other business she would have been dismissed, this is now her 7th managerial mistake, leaving aside all the other public 'gaffs' she has made. No owner of any business would tolerate such abject failure, but under the mad man that is RD she seems bulletproof.

RS has been the next scapegoat in this 'weird' ownership and had he been given proper support we may not have seen his exit, we all knew midfield was an issue, and yet nothing 'positive' was done about it. We had 4 players missing for various reasons last Saturday, yet we couldn't replace them, and that is down to poor management and incorrect transfer dealings. We had, it seems, no Plan 'B' if we couldn't get Thompson from Norwich. Overall the club is on a downward spiral and only a change of ownership or at the very least a change of CEO might help us to stop 'spinning' out of control.
    Sorry to be so depressing, but surely now RD must see it isn't working?

It's working for him if we break even. And with the sale of Lookman in January, we'll be looking to break even again this season no doubt. Big tick for Mr Roly.