Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    KM probably meant to appoint O'Loughlin, until she, or someone else, read the forums and realised the fans would not accept him, so she has to think again. I just wonder, who is advising her on the new manager, she has not got the knowledge, I believe Lennie advise her on Slade
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Didn't the delightful Ms Meire pass it off by mentioning Diarra was 35, frequently injured and unlikely to play many games?
    Something like that.

Perhaps, the move was instigated by Diarra himself, fed up with the circus and having already found a new club in France who were keen to use his experience.
    And our CEO jumped at the chance to get his wages off the books.

Perhaps.

Meire did indeed say words to that effect, I believe she even suggested that Alou was still injured at his new club by saying something like "And he's not playing games for his new club is he?"...

And Alou responded by scoring a goal for Nancy that very afternoon.

I think it was Henry or Covered End that mentioned it, as I seem to recall it was at the Bromley Addicks session.
  • Options
    Caldwell was on Football Focus last Saturday, which was on at the same time as the Swindon game so he wasn't secretly in the stands watching!

He did say that he was keen to get another job (as you might expect)
  • Options
    Just late to this...

What?

Brussell... sacked?

Oh no! AND after all Latriens careful planning!!!

If we don't watch it, Charlton Athletic Football Club are going to be a laughing stock.
  • Options

ross1 said:

KM probably meant to appoint O'Loughlin, until she, or someone else, read the forums and realised the fans would not accept him, so she has to think again. I just wonder, who is advising her on the new manager, she has not got the knowledge, I believe Lennie advise her on Slade

I reckon it's more that RD wants to appoint O'Loughlin but she realises that will be a disaster and has persuded him otherwise
    Yeah i think that's a pretty fair assessment.
  • Options

ross1 said:

I reckon it's more that RD wants to appoint O'Loughlin but she realises that will be a disaster and has persuded him otherwise
    I'm sure RD sacked Slade not KM but now KM is trying to convince RD not to appoint COL as even she knows that would be a disaster.

COL is the baby Edward II - a "British manager" to appease the locals
  • Options

ross1 said:

I'm sure RD sacked Slade not KM but now KM is trying to convince RD not to appoint COL as even she knows that would be a disaster.

Bet you 10 quid COL doesn't get the job.
    They wouldn't have the nerve
    The protests would go through the roof.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

ross1 said:

I hope you're right, but they don't do common sense.
    It is why I've made a point of saying that they really had better not, because they do read CL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That is how it will be spun - "British, winner, young, proven record of success, new era, made mistakes, learnt from them, all about the future now, will back him in January, get behind the team, stop protesting as we've given you two British managers now, protests got Slade sacked, defeat at Swindon caused by delayed reaction to pigs, club not for sale"

I just knew it was Henry writing KM's press releases.

• Options

ross1 said:

Except he isn't British so another lie :wink:
  • Options

ross1 said:

I didn't think they'd have the nerve to appoint Fraeye but they did.

Convined Chris O'Two-Bob will get it till the end of the season.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Hence the Edward II reference
  • Options

ross1 said:

Hence the Edward II reference
    Clearly I'm guilty of only half reading your post :blush:
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Things didn't work out too well for Edward II in later life did they. What with Bannockburn, marrying the She Wolf of France and being finished off allegedly with a red hot poker up somewhere tender.
    COL then seems to fit the role well, we already have the She Wolf of Belgium.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

It will be interesting to see now if Ba and Teixeira come into the squad

Maybe we will never know why they didn't get a game under Slade, but something tells me that he would have played them if the Belgians had allowed him to pick them.
    Like he couldn't play Lookman before the window closed.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Funny enough I was thinking the same about comments on this forum.
  • Options

ross1 said:

I think they might do that anyway.
  • Options
    sm said:

ross1 said:

I think they might do that anyway.
    Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The managerial situation is particularly frustrating as it totally lets the players off the hook.

They've led us to 15th on the pitch - you cannot absolutely blame Russell.
  • Options
    I think he can take a lot of the blame. The problem is, we are now starting to get the key injuries that will expose the unbalanced squad, which I don't think you can blame Slade for. Ther eis a pattern here.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Let's face it - Slade brought in Holmes, Magennis, Pearce and to some extent Novak and Crofts who have been ok. He also brought in Ulvestad who is getting better and better so he's made a contribution to the squad. Slade could very easily have brought in 2-3 midfielders in January and then we'd have a bloody good side. This sacking is therefore a disaster.

Instead of the squad underperforming, they've now got a clean slate - the ultimate excuse - Russell Slade.

And what's more baffling is that we were slowly turning things around (remove the Swindon game - we had lost our best 3 players). 3-0 Cov, 3-1 Scunny, 1-0 Chesterfield.

The club was at its lowest ebb in the summer and I didn't think it could get any worse, but it has. We now have network nobodies coming back in and it's going to fail, again.

Sacking Slade is a disaster and the club is going to suffer for it.

Totally agreed.
  • Options

Let's face it - Slade brought in Holmes, Magennis, Pearce and to some extent Novak and Crofts who have been ok. He also brought in Ulvestad who is getting better and better so he's made a contribution to the squad. Slade could very easily have brought in 2-3 midfielders in January and then we'd have a bloody good side. This sacking is therefore a disaster.

Instead of the squad underperforming, they've now got a clean slate - the ultimate excuse - Russell Slade.

And what's more baffling is that we were slowly turning things around (remove the Swindon game - we had lost our best 3 players). 3-0 Cov, 3-1 Scunny, 1-0 Chesterfield.

The club was at its lowest ebb in the summer and I didn't think it could get any worse, but it has. We now have network nobodies coming back in and it's going to fail, again.

What happened?! I came away from the Scunthorpe 3-1 FA Cup match thinking we'd turned the corner.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

What happened?! I came away from the Scunthorpe 3-1 FA Cup match thinking we'd turned the corner.
    No just going round in circles until they fuck off
  • Options
    Given how quickly Kat can interview candidates she must have gone through about 400 by now
  • Options
    Small piece in Neil Ashton's column in today's Sun.
  • Options
    addix said:

Small piece in Neil Ashton's column in today's Sun.

The story below is headlined "Hairdryer" so I assume that doesn't relate to Slade
  • Options
    For pure comedy we have to appoint COLin or Nobby and bring back KF in a coaching role. L2 should be exciting next season.