Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016

Tony and KM turn this graph upside down in their meetings, right?
  • Options
    Just got back home after a week away with work and told my son about Slade's sacking.

'Really Dad? Roland just sacks everyone. You, you're sacked, you you're sacked, you you're sacked blah blah you're sacked'

'Whose going to be our manager now dad?'

'Well not sure but there's this network guy Chris o'loughlin been appointed to the coaching staff'

'Never heard of him again dad, sounds rubbish'

'Want to go tomorrow?'

'I dunno, probably not. Who we versying?'

'Port Vale.'

'Maybe, let's see.'
  • Options

Tony links it to sales of pies - sell more pies and we will move up the league.
  • Options
    sm said:

Tony links it to sales of pies - sell more pies and we will move up the league.
    sm said:

This graph is conclusive proof that replacing managers has NOT improved our "ranking".

• Options
    It's only been a positive move for 2 Teams to sack, sack and sack again.
  • Options
    Just saw this thread, thought, 'Shit! Slade's been sacked!' them remembered that I already knew that.
  • Options
    The club basically confirmed this in the sacking notification on the official site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nuggent saying that "the Charlton job is now a great one" and that it's a very attractive role :flushed:
    Somehow I don't think the fans and the majority of managers out there agree!
  • Options
    He didn't fancy a cold night in Grimsby any night.
  • Options
    Building up a nice pension pot, no doubt, with all the pay offs he's been getting recently
  • Options
    Felt it when he was here and it seems to be even more so the case now, I don't think he's a good coach at all. Strange to think two years ago he was managing in the Championship.

Also, am I right in thinking all of his signings bar Jason Pearce are gone (Novak, Foley, Rudd, Crofts, Chicksen)? Weren't the Holmes and Ajose transfers basically done or done by the time he got there?
  • Options
    I know of one we missed out on purely because Slade was about to be appointed. Player in question did not rate him or his tactics so he did not sign.
  • Options
    I thought it was an odd appointment at the time, looks even stranger now. But then which of Rolands appointments was'nt odd.
  • Options

I know of one we missed out on purely because Slade was about to be appointed. Player in question did not rate him or his tactics so he did not sign.

Obviously don't know who this player is but I thought Slade's tactics were dreadful. No clear style, let alone patterns of play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    SDAddick said:

Obviously don't know who this player is but I thought Slade's tactics were dreadful. No clear style, let alone patterns of play.
    I reckon if Ajose knew Slade was being appointed before he signed he may have thought twice about it.
  • Options
    Grimsby have only scored 29 all season. Cambridge with 28 are only team worse in L2.
  • Options
    Should never have left Orient.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

To be fair most Charlton managers end up playing that type of football. Slade just decided to skip there right from the off.
  • Options
    Still better than Gobinson
  • Options
    drewman said:

Should never have left Orient.

They're about his level now
  • Options
    He was quite uninspiring.

He came with this wave of expectation just because he was British and "knew the leagues"

The only reason why he had a good depth of knowledge regarding these leagues is because he has never got a team out of them and never been promoted.

We desperately need promotion.

• Options
    For a manager who has never gained a promotion, he has had a decent career. He must interview well!