Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    I think Wilder was the right man - they nearly got him but it would clearly have been luck rather than judgement!
  • Options

I think Wilder was the right man - they nearly got him but it would clearly have been luck rather than judgement!

Dunno... Sheffield United arent a mess on and off the field... they've had the right players and personnel in place, they just needed the right Manager to put them in the right direction.

Its as Slade said when he came in, the players didnt even have a fitness regime to follow over the summer and were just to go off and do their own thing whilst there were absolutely no backroom staff, so he wasnt able to just get on with building a squad or dealing with training every day.

Whats a joke from the Statement is the fact that these words have been used:

the processes and disciplines he has instilled at the training ground

Yeah thats great but what makes the club think the new bloke is going to follow every little detail that Slade used as part of his processes and disciplinary action etc. the new bloke is going to have his own methods and will start from scratch!!
  • Options

And the key difference between Wilder and Slade is that Wilder (as any reputable manager would) wanted written assurances over key areas, whereas Slade was just happy to take the money.
  • Options
    And Wilder has achieved an impressive promotion!
  • Options
    Only just caught up with the news this morning, (Lap top packed up), after the abject display I witnessed on TV last Saturday it does not surprise me one little bit, the worrying sight of seeing players unable to pass forward, Solly showing little interest, our best CB still on the bench (Tex), Aribo not even in the depleted squad. To me it all added up to RS not having a clue what to do.
    My concern is that we will get this O'Loughlin guy and we will be back to 'network' players and even more journeymen on the pitch. League two is looking a distinct possibility and those saying it wont happen I would ask you to cast your mind back to 12 months ago when we were told that relegation to League 1 wont happen, well guess what it did!!
    I hope CAFC can move on and quickly or I see this as being the beginning of the end of the club, sorry to be so despondent but I can see no light at the end of the tunnel until RD and co have gone.
  • Options

Only just caught up with the news this morning, (Lap top packed up), after the abject display I witnessed on TV last Saturday it does not surprise me one little bit, the worrying sight of seeing players unable to pass forward, Solly showing little interest, our best CB still on the bench (Tex), Aribo not even in the depleted squad. To me it all added up to RS not having a clue what to do.
    My concern is that we will get this O'Loughlin guy and we will be back to 'network' players and even more journeymen on the pitch. League two is looking a distinct possibility and those saying it wont happen I would ask you to cast your mind back to 12 months ago when we were told that relegation to League 1 wont happen, well guess what it did!!
    I hope CAFC can move on and quickly or I see this as being the beginning of the end of the club, sorry to be so despondent but I can see no light at the end of the tunnel until RD and co have gone.

Ive liked that post but there is nothing I like in it.

• Options
    Ah well, just seen this... It was Lucille or bust... I wonder who is lined up to replace Big Russ.
  • Options

Ive liked that post but there is nothing I like in it.

Sorry @ShootersHillGuru I know its depressing, but we are in deep shit and some people (you know who they are in another place) are saying its the fans fault......doh!! The right decision now needs to be made.....please god!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst I am not surprised, I think now is the right time to sack Slade, we get an opportunity to get a manager in who can tell Drieson the kind of players he needs in January, just for Drieson to ignore that and get the latest whizz-kid from Football Manager in on loan.
  • Options

Thomas Dreisen next manager?

You make me sick.
    You're welcome
  • Options
    Two things interest me,

First that they clearly do care about the addressing the issues with fans presumably because of the effect on attendances - evidenced by the PR offensive, the English manager (although I suspect Murray had a hand in that).

The other is that they clearly don't like bad publicity particularly when it hits the nationals, it hurts them. You also get the vibe that KM filters most of it, as many bosses might I guess.

What is a shame is they can't seem to get beyond that and realise there are genuine issues that need to be addressed, although the trust issue for example is irreparable I suspect.

Even if they did realise they need an experienced coach backed up a balanced strong squad, and got back to back promotions.. However, even that might be difficult to achieve given the difficulties they now have operating in the English environment, which I suspect actually had the opposite to the desired effect and made everything very much more expensive, and reduced the talent pool available to them in both areas.
  • Options

The owners have seen how well this bloke has done @ Hoffenheim and are taking your suggestion seriously:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37888868
    you heard it hear first
  • Options
    I know this isn't the case but looking at the SKYBet Manager Specials odds... If we knew there was going to be a proper attempt at hiring a new Manager - Who would people like to see from the below list

I've left out Curbs | Powell | Euell because of Charlton connections so easy to choose from:

Nigel Adkins | Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink | Steve Evans | Nigel Pearson
    Keith Curle | Steve Cotterill | Paolo Di Canio | Karl Robinson | Mark Cooper
    Frank Lampard | Ryan Giggs | Paul Ince | Sean O'Driscoll | Dave Jones | Dean Saunders
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6s7 seconds ago
    Think one of the things that went unseen by fans with Slade was some of foundations put in behind scenes - improved spirit around the club.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11s11 seconds ago
    Because was experienced boss he could fend off unwanted players and he did things to build positive mood for players.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7s7 seconds ago
    Made quite a few changes at training ground. You can make case that team wasn't exciting to watch but he had one transfer window.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 30s30 seconds ago
    Couple of deals didn't quite fall in summer. Waited on getting Louis Thompson from Norwich but he ended up sticking where he was.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 14s14 seconds ago
    And the run until Christmas is tough. Home to Port Vale, Sheff Utd and Peterborough - all in play-off positions.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6s6 seconds ago
    Away to Bristol Rovers, Bradford and Millwall. Something for the new boss to get his teeth into.....

O'Loughlin will relish this.

He'll probably lose all six and we'll be on our third manager by Christmas.
    Don't bet with Otto this time Elfs, learn from your mistake :wink:
    Not paid him yet!

Can someone get to Chislehurst and interview Russell Slade so we can hear his side of the story!

Whilst taking the aclaim from the Orient fans pre-season I told Slade that this mob were poison and he should not have taken the job.

And now he's cost you £20 :smiley:
  • Options
    Mark Zimmerman (You may have heard it here first)

Pure speculation btw.

• Options
    Relegation just became a very real possibility..
  • Options

The owners have seen how well this bloke has done @ Hoffenheim and are taking your suggestion seriously:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37888868
    I saw that yesterday morning and I honestly thought, now there a new idea senile old Roly will like and we have computer kid already waiting in the wings for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 26s27 seconds ago
    Duchatelet has sacked seven managers in two-and-a-half years. Slade spoke in summer about being given time to build something at #cafc.

Build something, but he didn't say what it was!
    Giant cake.
  • Options
    This coincides with the release of Football Manager Handheld 2017. The iPad will be sitting in the manager's chair this Saturday simulating the substitutes and tactics.

Much cheaper than paying a real human being. Now they can finally afford poppies for the shirts.
  • Options
    Riga to come back and bring Poyet with him :lol:
  • Options
    Now I get why Johnson didn't apologise, every manager/coach so far under RD that has apologised about anything has been sacked.
  • Options
    HandG said:

For someone that doesn't seem to have a problem sacking managers for doing a poor job, how the feck is Katrien Meire, the woman who has cost Duchatalet millions due to her poor decisions and contract negotiations, still in gainful employment? Does she fob her boss off with the same lines of bullshit that she uses to the media and in her 34 meetings with the fans?

The managers and coaches getting sacked is nothing to do with Katrien and the compliments and choice of words on the statement on the website say to me that she is gutted that Roland has taken this decision.

The above newspaper piece shows that Roland is completely out of touch with what is going on yet still makes these decisions over the head of his CEO.

She's a puppet and the club is poisoned. When will it end.......
    I'm referring to Roland as the person who sacks managers at the drop of a hat.
  • Options
    If only he would the cretin.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    it's all been written .. Slade failed and never looked likely to recover his failures .. I just hope that we get someone in who can motivate a decent set of players and start to get them playing decent winning football