Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• sammy391 said:

Bet the PR company are impressed you really couldn't make this shit up.

Great timing as well with the guys being in Belgium, they really are the biggest bunch of useless tossers in football even outdoing Blackpool, Leeds and co.

Someone posted on here somewhere that KM is likely to be gone next too!
    He will be across this week and take her back with him.

His son was with him on Saturday and will take over perhaps? He is more than qualified to do the job! I.e fuck all experience but family.
    hated by football fans too! hes Chairman at Ujpest I believe though?
  • Redhenry said:

Is anyone really that fussed?

Nope
    Bit negative.

I'm waiting for the new Manager Bounce!
  • I wonder what lower league Belgian legend will become the next interwim one now.
  • What does Meire have to do/ not do to get sacked? Would you want to drive a car with parts from Roland's factories?
  • I wish they put a brick through that window during Roland's happy birthday song now.

The way thinngs are going it would be enforced glass and bounce straight back.
  • Slade is a limited manager and had been working under further limiting circumstances. I can see why some people wanted him moved on but his sacking is pointless, all this will do is cost the club more money for mistakes made by those running it.
  • Jimmy Floyd would not be surprise , but equally very unlikely as they will probably revert to type.
  • sm said:

its Groundhog day again - lets appoint a caretaker who'll win a game and then lose a few 6 nil, before we get find another to oversee the relegation - and then repeat again!

I know just the man. Mr Driesen can you be at Sparrows Lane at 9am tomorrow please.
  • 6 pages and no picture of Appleton???????
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmmmmm

Slade wasn't doing an especially good job with the squad he has, and the youngsters in midfield/up front who have been ignored.

But sacking anyone after 16 games is ridiculous unless they've done an appalling job, which he hasn't

Agree. He was worse than appalling.

• Ross said:

6 pages and no picture of Appleton???????

Was thinking the exact same. Shouldn't be long...
  • edited November 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37976381

On the main BBC website now

Charlton's revolving door

Chris Powell January 2011-March 2014
    Jose Riga March 2014-May 2014
    Bob Peeters May 2014-January 2015
    Guy Luzon January 2015-October 2015
    Karel Fraeye October 2015-January 2016
    Jose Riga January 2016-June 2016
    Russell Slade June 2016-November 2016
    Would recommend that the next manager doesn't go to the expense of buying a house. A 6 month short term tenancy with a 4 week notice period should be more than ample.
  • I have a suspicion that the appointment of Slade's successor will blow out the water any lingering hopes that Meire was not lying through her teeth about her and Roly understand the fans and trying to win them over.
  • NugNug
    edited November 2016
    Hasselbank via Sky journo on twitter
  • edited November 2016
    WSS said:

Interesting strategy to push the taxi stunt off of the front (back) page.

Exactly what I was thinking desperate measure to grab back the initiative, ill thought out and will do the regime's credibility even more damage if that is possible.
  • Ross said:

You're 3 pages too late
  • I'm gonna make a load of cash now and buy charlton!

We all know who will be in tomorrow ;) bet his flights are booked.

• Nug said:

Strike that the account looks fake
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37976381

On the main BBC website now

Charlton's revolving door

Chris Powell January 2011-March 2014
    Jose Riga March 2014-May 2014
    Bob Peeters May 2014-January 2015
    Guy Luzon January 2015-October 2015
    Karel Fraeye October 2015-January 2016
    Jose Riga January 2016-June 2016
    Russell Slade June 2016-November 2016
    Would recommend that the next manager doesn't go to the expense of buying a house. A 6 month short term tenancy with a 4 week notice period should be more than ample.

It might be easier if the club buys a house and gives each new manager a 6 month tenancy
  • Nug said:

As if the football wasn't negative enough already
  • Ross said:

You're 3 pages too late
    No idea how I missed that
  • edited November 2016

It might be easier if the club buys a house and gives each new manager a 6 month tenancy

So that's why Roly wants to build a block of flats behind the "South Stand".