Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Cawley Tweeting O Loughlin set to be appointed

Surprise surprise wankers
  • I wonder if there's any chance that Slade will now speak out about what's going on within the club, or would he be gagged ?
  • Caretaker manager.
    Oh goodeeee!

• 3blokes said:

I just think Slade must have got Roland a really shit present for his birthday.
    Like a pink rubber pig.
    Either that or he forgot.
    " SLADE, YOU BASTARD, EVEN THOSE FUCKERS AT CARD REMEMBERED MY EFFING BIRTHDAY!!!"

Perhaps Slade went over to Belgium and ate Roland's birthday cake
  • If we get a new manager will the fans stop visiting Belgium?

Yes boss just like every managerial appointment has been an improvement on the one before.
  • cafc4life said:

Cawley Tweeting O Loughlin set to be appointed

Oh ffs no.
  • I'm waiting for a train at Woolwich Arsenal at the moment. I can hear Katrien sobbing at her desk from here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Posting without reading but if this is the case, the same circumstances as Iain Dowie. Last match for Dowie was 11 of 11 2006, Wigan away. 2-3 defeat.
    Now Slade, same weekend, 2 days later, same reaction. We have now gone full circle. If it is going to be an English manager, it has to be Atkinson. Old Leicester City. If not, bigger problems lay ahead.
  • Nothing yet on the club website from the headless chickens.
  • mogodon said:

Boysie said:

I wonder if there's any chance that Slade will now speak out about what's going on within the club, or would he be gagged ?

Not a hope. It's a closed world and he wants another job. So don't piss all over your former employers or nobody else is likely to want you.
    Exactly
  • So where exactly has this been confirmed?

BBC website... Twitter
  • If KM is correct and each managerial appointment is an improvement, then if we just a get a new one for every game, we will be top by the end of February !
  • Sponsored links:

I was wondering that too.
  • Ridiculous state of affairs. Not a lover of Slade but that is ridiculous especially considering her statements on Talksport.

How she can stay in the job is beyond me. If she isn't sacked she should resign if she has any credibility.

However we know she hasn't and even those who are anti CARD cannot surely agree with this descision and all the crap spouted by RD and KM.

• It's a shame it probably won't be his favourite seat again. Very upset about that.
  • This has to be a response to the Belgian20's actions in Belgium.

I'm not saying what they've done is wrong... Completely the opposite, as this shows they've got to him!!
  • HandG said:

If true, it's effing ridiculous. He has had 16 league games. 16 games! Despite the signs not being amazing, whatever happened to giving a new manager a chance?? And now we are 100% going to get a network dickhead in while that po faced cow keeps her job despite having mismanaged the shit out of our "top 6 budget." If we have such a great budget, why the hell are we giving out five month contracts just before the season started?

In my mind, Slade's biggest mistake (and there were a few) was to stop questioning those above him. He said we were "miles off" having a strong enough squad two weeks before the season started-that never changed yet he changed tact straight away.

I'm not denying he had limitations but I genuinely think he was trying to build something and could have been successful if given time by the SMT (spits on ground) and the fanbase; sadly neither has the patience and the club continues to be an absolute joke.

Anyway welcome to another over enthusiastic under-qualified idiot. Hope you're prepared to get stick from day one.

Are you reading this Otto?

Are you reading this Blackpool?
  • This is a no brainer - IT HAS TO BE CURBS!!!
  • vffvff
    edited November 2016
    Slade was extremely negative & tactically not great. He was undermined - as all Charlton coaches / managers have been under Duchatelet - by inept & clueless decisions off the pitch & by a poor squad with a slow / uncreative midfield. Slade was useless & I will shed no tears.

What decent manager would choose to manage under these conditions ? What toady or rubbish manager will Charlton get next. Set up to fail.

Only positive change will happen when Duchatelet sells & Meire disappears out of the building.
  • I guess the question is, will Chris O'Loughlin be

a) appointed as permanent manager
    b) a genuine caretaker
    c) or a Fraeye type interim appointment where they give someone the job permanently, but don't announce it