Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options

1StevieG said:

Do they know that when they sack a manager and replace them with another it usually means we are going to struggle for the rest of the season? Like day follows night we are fucked. Again.

Put £25 on us to go down @ 14/1 at the beginning of the season. Following the same pattern as last season.
    25 smackers well spent.
  • Options
    braydex said:

If you haven't already, look at his Wikipedia page! Update brilliantly. Um Bungo Cup.....

Whose? Chris O'Loughlin, the fencer, the psychiatrist, or the one that lives in Alice Springs?
  • Options
    I'm just wondering if he was actually sacked or walked away himself - I'd have a lot more respect for him if he told them to poke it.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Where is this announcement ?

It's beginning to get awkward given how many news outlets have written it up.

Guys, I'm starting to worry that those in charge at the club might not be very good at what they do.
    Give them a chance - every year we improve.
  • Options
    That's a flag
  • Options

I'm just wondering if he was actually sacked or walked away himself - I'd have a lot more respect for him if he told them to poke it.

No way has he walked... I cant see it being because of the Swindon result either (i.e. only one game has seen such a bad result which was Bury)...

Its got to be one of a few reasons:

(1) Because of the Belgian20 and their actions at the moment
    (2) Because he apologised to the fans... In RD / KM's world the fans are NEVER right and by apologising it made us look like we were
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

Where is this announcement ?

Katriens been told she has to put words where the {...} are!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Slade was rubbish. He could have played Tex on Saturday and decided on a not fully fit Pearce. He could have at least thought of a plan to get some width from the full backs, when it was clear his ponderous midfield wasn't going to cut the mustard. He could have tried Ba at some point! When we were 2-0 down with 20 mins to go he could have made some last ditch changes. The reason he didn't is because he is the worst of English managers. He has a system and players he likes and has no adaptability or flexibility within that. I'm delighted he has gone because as I have said before, a chimp couldn't be worse and I doubt we will be looking for the next manager on London Zoo.

But if the protests in Belgium influenced this decision, I am hoping the coward at least tries to turn this round by appointing a manager that has a clue. A Belgian no hoper will really make the situation even more toxic than it currently is. I would sit JJ and Euell down in a room with Keith Peacock - making sure Meire is nowhere near them and I'd ask Keith to conduct an interview - asking them where they think Slade went wrong. With the right answers - and I think he'd get them - they could be given joint caretaker roles. I could do a better job than Slade in relation to setting up and tactics so I'm not thinking it would be a disaster if two hungry intelligent football individuals get a chance.

That would also take some heat off Roland. Especially if he realises that now is the time to cut the rope attaching Meire to the club!
  • Options
    Yeah we've got O'Loughlin... Training wouldnt have lasted ALL day surely so he's gone about 2 / 3pm giving a few hours to sort out the minor details
  • Options
    Still, we got some nice photos out of it in the tunnel, thanks Russell
  • Options
    DA9 said:

and the table cloths, don't forget the table cloths
  • Options
    Being signed as Charlton manager is a great job.

You sign a three year contract ,get sacked after six months and walk away with three years money. Quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would have been great. Buy I doubt Slade had the minerals or the morals to do that.
    As bad as them.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Don't forget the tablecloths at Sparrows Lane!
  • Options
    They will be discussing this on talksport after 8:30.

Matt Holland and Patrick Barclay in the studio with Mark Saggers.
  • Options

Absurd decision. It's November and the bloke hasn't really had a chance.

I'm not sure what's more annoying, the sacking or the vast number of morons on here who seem to agree with managers only getting 3 months.

The voice of reason
  • Options
    Blimey - you have your dinner, log on to the PC to check home games in January and find we're on our 6th management change in 2 years (and 12th in 10).

League 2 may well be beckoning. It wouldn't take much.
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 26s27 seconds ago
    Duchatelet has sacked seven managers in two-and-a-half years. Slade spoke in summer about being given time to build something at #cafc.

Build something, but he didn't say what it was!