Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    Give the job to scarfy, might as well.
  • Options

Absurd decision. It's November and the bloke hasn't really had a chance.

I'm not sure what's more annoying, the sacking or the vast number of morons on here who seem to agree with managers only getting 3 months.

Or the morons who think that it really makes a difference who is manager under this regime.
  • Options
    Was no fan of Slade and we weren't going anywhere with him, his past record says it all.

But with our current midfield any coach is going to struggle. It's too slow and old to win games at this level consistently

• Options
    DA9 said:

Their rushing oloughlin down to the valley now for a photo with scarfy and the super moon before they issue a statement

Our beloved CEO is getting her arse out for the cameras!?!
  • Options
    Talk sport after 20:30. Phone in about cafc with Matt Holland.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Obviously the usual whingers on here wanted him gone. That said, a win yesterday would have put us around 5th in the current form table. The whingers will now be on here moaning at the club for sacking him. Funny old game.

I wanted him gone. I didn't think he was tactically up for it, I didn't like that he went after the fans after the Port Vale match, and I didn't think he spent well in the summer. Not whinging at the club getting rid, think that's 50% of the right decision (as mentioned elsewhere in the thread). Don't know that COL is the other 50% of the right decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1StevieG said:

C*****************s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm good at scrabble , me, but 19 letter words are tricky.
    Is it 'cunning linguists'?
    Oh bugger, there's a space?
  • Options
    The comedy show called CAFC rolls on.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 40s40 seconds ago
    Second is big Bob Peeters (28), Jose Riga (20 + 16) and, lastly, Karel Fraeye (14).
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Was no fan of Slade and we weren't going anywhere with him, his past record says it all.

But with our current midfield any coach is going to struggle. It's too slow and old to win games at this level consistently

Yes it is a problem, but if he had half a brian Slade would have looked for answers with what he had. Ba should have at least been looked at and should have played against Colchester with a view to Saturday!

He had to find width and his best bet was the full backs so why not go three at the back with Bauer, Tex and Pearce, then have Chiksen in for Fox and Solly on the right. Ulvestadt, Crofts and Ba in midfield and Ajose and Novak up front. Might not of worked but would have been an attempt, Slade just walked off a cliff with the team he picked!
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 40s40 seconds ago
    Second is big Bob Peeters (28), Jose Riga (20 + 16) and, lastly, Karel Fraeye (14).

Karel's just seemed the longest!
  • Options
    According to Dr Kish there was talk of dressing room unrest at Swindon.
  • Options
    Shows what idiots they are. No doubt the protests being in Belguim will be behind this. He wasn't even watching the game on Saturday.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I'd be more pissed off if there wasn't unrest after being fisted by a side in Swindon's position.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have heard this too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

dickplumb said:

I have heard this too
    What sort of unrest?
  • Options
    Perhaps now would be a good time to remind those who haven't voted yet. You know it makes sense.

http://m.footnews.be/news/20041/les_fans_de_charlton_font_très_fort_pour_lanniversaire_de_duchâtelet_[photo
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

dickplumb said:

I have heard this too
    Can you tell us more , please ?
  • Options
    Still not confirmed on OS at quarter past 8
  • Options

Was due to be announced tomorrow night, RD & KM probably don't even know it's been leaked!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Was due to be announced tomorrow night, RD & KM probably don't even know it's been leaked!
    When asked a few minutes ago... Katrien said that Slade was still on the Training pitch with the players whilst Roland didnt even know who Russell was