Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    Matt Holland will be talking about Charlton and the Slade sacking at 8.30pm this evening on Talksport
  • Options

Still not confirmed on OS at quarter past 8

Don't be so impatient, she's still interviewing possible candidates.
  • Options
    Mat Holland is on Talksport talking about Charlton at 8:30
  • Options
    I think I see where this has come from. Roland you git. When the fans were singing 'get out of our club' on saturday, they weren't crooning to Russel. They were singing for you.
    Now go forth.
  • Options
    Oh Lordy, I predict the next manager will be sacked by March. They could make a halfway decent eleven before the end of the season, just need to employ a goal keeper.
  • Options
    Ryan Kelly ‏@rkelly93 14m14 minutes ago
    @RichCawleySLP did a good job at STTV. Interviewed him earlier in the year and he came across very well.

https://t.co/al2boubo21
  • Options
    Roland is probably busy dictating one of his special PR announcements.

Shall we write it for him? I'll start ...

"See, you Charlton tosseurs, I 'ave given you an Eenglish manager and look what 'appens."
  • Options
    Is this a case of Russell coming to the end of his six months probation period and not being retained?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

Ryan Kelly ‏@rkelly93 14m14 minutes ago
    @RichCawleySLP did a good job at STTV. Interviewed him earlier in the year and he came across very well.

https://t.co/al2boubo21

Return of the mac by @rkelly

This has got to be a wind up!!!

Yes it is!!!!!!
  • Options
    Still not on the OS. Look forward to the 'interesting ' spin.
  • Options

Roland is probably busy dictating one of his special PR announcements.

Shall we write it for him? I'll start ...

"See, you Charlton tosseurs, I 'ave given you an Eenglish manager and look what 'appens."

"Huh?"
  • Options
    We've only won 4 games this season.

Even if Slades job is harder then usual for a manager, under these specific circumstances laid in front of him, at the end of the day, if the team is underachieving it's usually always the manager that gets moaned at by the fans, the eventual blame.
    Then sacked.
    He shouldn't be surprised. It's a pressurising job!

Its what football is.

This sacking is probably a knee jerk reaction by Roland due to getting taken the piss out of at lunch.
    Probably forced Roland to maybe see what's going on and actually check the league table.

Or maybe this decision was already made before the Swindon game, hence the dire performance.

Slade tried. Wasn't good enough.

There won't ever be a manager that's good enough though.

Because the owner and SMT f*ck everything up themselves.

It will be the revolving door that eventually spirals out of control.

• Options

Poor decision. Anybody that was at the FA Cup game would have seen a good side, playing smart football with above all team spirit. I am not convinced sacking Slade helps us one little bit.

Slade was, at the very least, a safe pair of hands who wasn't going to screw the playing side up. He might not be a tactical genius but he was obviously trying to run the playing side professionally and I agree with Palace Louis' assessment that some of the foundation stones were being laid and that it was always going to be a long slow rebuild. I'd set my expectations on being mid-table in November with signs of improvement, we were slightly behind that and Saturday was a big backwards step, but our form was solid at least over the previous six and the cup game hinted as some potential.

We're now going to get another under qualified chancer who will come in and not really know what he is doing and any good work Slade has done will be undone and any mistakes will be compounded.

It's getting more like watching an episode of the Apprentice than a football club.
    At the very least, the new gaffer is going to want his own players - and won't be able to get them until the window opens. Jesus, what a mess we are...
    HaHaHa he'll get who he's given & he'd better be bloody grateful !
  • Options
    Tom said:

Talk sport after 20:30. Phone in about cafc with Matt Holland.

Will be on after these adverts....... on now.
  • Options
    Good old Matt Holland.
  • Options

Poor decision. Anybody that was at the FA Cup game would have seen a good side, playing smart football with above all team spirit. I am not convinced sacking Slade helps us one little bit.

Slade was, at the very least, a safe pair of hands who wasn't going to screw the playing side up. He might not be a tactical genius but he was obviously trying to run the playing side professionally and I agree with Palace Louis' assessment that some of the foundation stones were being laid and that it was always going to be a long slow rebuild. I'd set my expectations on being mid-table in November with signs of improvement, we were slightly behind that and Saturday was a big backwards step, but our form was solid at least over the previous six and the cup game hinted as some potential.

We're now going to get another under qualified chancer who will come in and not really know what he is doing and any good work Slade has done will be undone and any mistakes will be compounded.

It's getting more like watching an episode of the Apprentice than a football club.
    At the very least, the new gaffer is going to want his own players - and won't be able to get them until the window opens. Jesus, what a mess we are...
    HaHaHa he'll get who he's given & he'd better be bloody grateful !
    Exactly. Not a chance this guy will have any say or power whatsoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pinnochio and Roly Poly getting slaughtered on Talksport. Where's the PR muppets?
  • Options
    I am outraged at the sheer waste of resources.

I mean, what the fuck are we going to do with all the XXX Large training kit we have in the kit room now?

Only option is to give the job to Russell Grant.
  • Options
    "The fans got the club home."
  • Options
    Ben Hayes alias @Henry Irving now on!!
  • Options

Can anyone confirm if Matt Holland will be on the radio tonight, if so does anyone know what he'll be discussing and at what time?

Sorry @ForeverAddickted I should of read the 2000 unread posts before posting.

• Options
    I'm guessing that Brussell will not collect 3 seasons worth of dough. There will be some contract clause stating that he had to reach 20 games or something like that.