Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    I have feeling this statement will be a Kevin Keegan style rant.
  • Options
    Seven Managers in Two Years,is this a record?.Cannot think of another club that has this turn round of managers.Is it about time that The E.F.L got involved.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

I actually feel very sorry for Slade.

I wouldn't want to be fat, bald and boring

Won't help anything. He's the best we could hope for under this regime...

I can't help feeling sorry for him... I feel he was little more than a victim/pawn in all this.. but then he did know what he was getting into/he should have known...

Despite thinking the sacking is pointless / too soon, there is no way I feel sorry for him:

1 - knew what he was getting into.
    2 - produced some shite football and under achieved.
    3 - Slagged fans off
    4 - will likely get a nice pay off and not care a jot for us going forward.

It's us I feel sorry for.
    I feel sorry for him.

I wouldn't want to be fat, bald and boring
    It isn't that bad, now I am off to Polish my head, eat a bag of doughnuts and colour coordinate my sock drawer.
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 26s27 seconds ago
    Duchatelet has sacked seven managers in two-and-a-half years. Slade spoke in summer about being given time to build something at #cafc.

Build something, but he didn't say what it was!
    A five layered chocolate cake
  • Options
    Nothing is shocking with these pricks in charge.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Do they know that when they sack a manager and replace them with another it usually means we are going to struggle for the rest of the season? Like day follows night we are fucked. Again.

Put £25 on us to go down @ 14/1 at the beginning of the season. Following the same pattern as last season.
    Had a score at 20s on the same and a score at 66s to finish bottom.
  • Options
    If he walked then shame on him as this is HIS team. If he got sacked then shame on them for not giving enough time as actually he could have stabilised the ship. HOWEVER. This was his team and all the time in the world would not have made this SQUAD great. The team containing Lookman, Magennis, Holmes is a good team but too dependent on them and that's the catch. I think Slade saw this as glaringly obvious on Saturday. What happens now is anybody's guess. I really hope for everyone's sake it's a manager with experience in this league.
  • Options
    Ridiculous decision in my view. I know things aren't going that great but we are still only a third or so through the season, have a game in hand over most teams and the league is very tight. Besides changing your manager every 5 minutes doesn't do any good and is yet another sign of what a mess we are in. I thought they would at least give him until the end of the season but i suppose with the current owners nothing should surprise us. Good luck to whoever gets the job, they'll need it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    If the club say they tried British - none of us were calling for Slade - I thought I put up a pretty good example of his limitations when he was in the frame! We were willing to give him a chance but we were not happy with his appointment like we were when we though Wilder was coming. This bloke has not got a promotion in his whole career and it is pretty clear why!

So if the morons try that line, we need to shoot them down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously the usual whingers on here wanted him gone. That said, a win yesterday would have put us around 5th in the current form table. The whingers will now be on here moaning at the club for sacking him. Funny old game.
  • Options
    Has the communications team been sacked too? Surely there should be a statement on the OS by now.
  • Options

Poor decision. Anybody that was at the FA Cup game would have seen a good side, playing smart football with above all team spirit. I am not convinced sacking Slade helps us one little bit.

Slade was, at the very least, a safe pair of hands who wasn't going to screw the playing side up. He might not be a tactical genius but he was obviously trying to run the playing side professionally and I agree with Palace Louis' assessment that some of the foundation stones were being laid and that it was always going to be a long slow rebuild. I'd set my expectations on being mid-table in November with signs of improvement, we were slightly behind that and Saturday was a big backwards step, but our form was solid at least over the previous six and the cup game hinted as some potential.

We're now going to get another under qualified chancer who will come in and not really know what he is doing and any good work Slade has done will be undone and any mistakes will be compounded.

It's getting more like watching an episode of the Apprentice than a football club.
    At the very least, the new gaffer is going to want his own players - and won't be able to get them until the window opens. Jesus, what a mess we are...
  • Options
    no sympathy for Russell , he knew what the owners were like and the contempt they have for the 'customers' Anyone coming into this toxic club under this regime deserves what they get
    Roly just doesn't get it , that we are a complete laughing stock under his ownership in the football league and just maybe it's his way of making us even worse by sacking Russell on his birthday.............Division 2 here we come
  • Options
    Perks was over the moon when she heard we were getting Crisps in...
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6s7 seconds ago
    Think one of the things that went unseen by fans with Slade was some of foundations put in behind scenes - improved spirit around the club.

But we saw he had no idea about tactics which is pretty essential for a football manager!

Give the job to JJ with Euell assisting. Crowd will give him time and the only way he will be worse than Slade is if somebody gives him a lobotomy!
  • Options

If he walked then shame on him as this is HIS team. If he got sacked then shame on them for not giving enough time as actually he could have stabilised the ship. HOWEVER. This was his team and all the time in the world would not have made this SQUAD great. The team containing Lookman, Magennis, Holmes is a good team but too dependent on them and that's the catch. I think Slade saw this as glaringly obvious on Saturday. What happens now is anybody's guess. I really hope for everyone's sake it's a manager with experience in this league.

It won't be. They won't make that mistake again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It really grates that KM/RD would have rooted for that performance and result at Swindon so they could get him out the door
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The announcement of who the next contestant is taking a while eh.
  • Options

Russell has vast experience in the division and is a two-time League One Manager of The Year. He joins us as Manager on a long-term contract and his appointment represents the start of an exciting new era at the club under his guidance.”
    Katrien - June 2016.

She's a fucking joker, isn't she?

Except no one is laughing :(
  • Options
    Has he taken the tableclothes from the canteen with him?
  • Options
    WSS said:

No but I bet he took a few pies

• Options
    WSS said:

Him and Perks fighting over them.
  • Options
    Jeez, now I know flaggy has played a lot of games in the past few years, but he's taking an eternity to warm up these days...
  • Options
    Will our new manager have the bounce for Saturday, as we had against us last week? Or was it just because we were useless?
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say "Jimmy Floyd" ?