Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    Relating the days events in Belgium..now being asked for reaction to Slade.

"RD believes you can run a football club the way you run a micro-electronics business"

"Fans help rejected - Slade isn't the problem. Any new manager will have the same issues"
  • Options
    Already posted this but a few comments from them and myself...

Ryan Kelly ‏@rkelly93 31m31 minutes ago
    @RichCawleySLP did a good job at STTV. Interviewed him earlier in the year and he came across very well.

ME - @rkelly93 @RichCawleySLP Yeah but wasnt Iain Dowie excellent at interviews?

Ryan Kelly ‏@rkelly93 3m3 minutes ago
    @StefanoFB72 @RichCawleySLP understand the fan backlash but he did a great job with STVV. Unearthed a few gems for them too.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 3m3 minutes ago
    @rkelly93 @StefanoFB72 One of the big issues is that it's hard to see anybody succeed in current system.

ME - @rkelly93 @RichCawleySLP We've had Managers from Belgium though who have managed higher in that Division and have done how well though?

Ryan Kelly ‏@rkelly93 1m1 minute ago
    @RichCawleySLP @StefanoFB72 I hope he fares well but the current situation is almost untenable sadly. Can only wish him well.
  • Options
    Well Done Ben
  • Options
    Well said Benno
  • Options

Matt Holland "Fans doing everything they possibly can"

Ben rightly praised for his measured words.

They are asking for an EFL comment!!

I'd prefer an LMA Comment... At least they'll surely say something about another sacked British Manager
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Well done Ben, explaining it all really well.
    Presenters really having a go about KM and RD too and praising the fans :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slade lacked that key managerial ingredient 'inspiration' let alone tactical nous. How can a 25 goal man flop so quickly.
    Had to go. No point in waiting till January to offload. Season done by then.
  • Options
    Well played @Henry Irving.

Staggers getting stuck in now and has Roly summed up nicely. Wants the EFL on to answer a few questions?
  • Options
    Listening, Sue?
  • Options
    The EFL won't answer any questions that potentially embaress them!

• Options
    I'm saying its a stupid sacking,16 games with a new side and a weird regime. All "ifs and buts" but had he turned a couple of those draws into wins everything wouldn't look so bad. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but it stinks of panic and incompetence,they decided on Slade and should have given him a little more time.Mind you the next guy might come in and we will win 10 on the bounce....but I doubt it.
  • Options
    At least Slade will not get relegation on his cv. We will, two years in a row.
  • Options

Still not confirmed on OS at quarter past 8

Does their incompetence have any limits?
  • Options

I'm just wondering if he was actually sacked or walked away himself - I'd have a lot more respect for him if he told them to poke it.

No chance he walked with a pay off at stake.
  • Options
    They are tearing the club a new one. Not as if they were short of them as it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37976381

On the main BBC website now

Charlton's revolving door

Chris Powell January 2011-March 2014
    Jose Riga March 2014-May 2014
    Bob Peeters May 2014-January 2015
    Guy Luzon January 2015-October 2015
    Karel Fraeye October 2015-January 2016
    Jose Riga January 2016-June 2016
    Russell Slade June 2016-November 2016
    Would recommend that the next manager doesn't go to the expense of buying a house. A 6 month short term tenancy with a 4 week notice period should be more than ample.

That's what the flat above the clubshop will be for :wink:
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Chris Wilder must be having a little chuckle to himself

Only after a sigh of relief.

Relating the days events in Belgium..now being asked for reaction to Slade.

"RD believes you can run a football club the way you run a micro-electronics business"

"Fans help rejected - Slade isn't the problem. Any new manager will have the same issues"

If you ran a micro-electronics business like this you would soon go broke failing to sell components that don't work.
  • Options

Slade lacked that key managerial ingredient 'inspiration' let alone tactical nous. How can a 25 goal man flop so quickly.
    Had to go. No point in waiting till January to offload. Season done by then.

But replace him with another network failure
  • Options
    If Slade was happy with that squad particularly the midfield he fully deserved the sack and for some while
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    This couldn't have gone any better for us today, sort this lot out PITCH ha ha ha ha ha :joy:
  • Options
    Chris O'Loughlin. Playing career in Northern Ireland. On coaching team at Orlando Pirates.Did quite well with a team from Democratic Republic of Congo AS Vita.Went to Coach in Australia. Then assistant coach at St Truiden.Steller CV.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

mogodon said:

If they do appoint Chris O'Loughlin can the boycotts be called off and a plan to go for the club's jugular put in place? And as for giving him time, sod that!

I agree, it's time to go for the throat. I don't know who this Irish fella is, but let's not give it "Let's give him a chance". Hes another under qualified network stooge, who will tow the party line and take advice from Mowgli. He knows the score, he sat staring at Brussell's back at the last game.

CARD should bring the Sheff Utd protests forward to Saturday, and really give to them. The next job is to run the new stooge out of town and really make the club un-manageable, as Airman says.
    I've been prepared to give every manager we've ever had in 40 odd years a fair chance regardless of my preconceptions of them. Even the network stooges. But I'm starting to think you might be right on this occasion. How sad that it's come to this.
  • Options
    Just a thought, if he was sacked after training this morning how come it took so long for the news to get out ?