Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options

In what's become a tradition now...

Nobby Vinegar is still in his job isn't he, indeed been there 3 years

He won't be moved to us until Roland sacks him first
  • Options
    Ben just spoke in defence of Slade. A shining light. Intelligent and thought provoking, and he comes from a very good family.....
  • Options
    Well the football can't get any worse can it?
  • Options

Didn't O'Loughlin play indoor football? Maybe we are just not seeing the future -Roland is a visionary, after all. Sell the Valley and training ground, move us into the Lib or that big room at the Bugle Horn?

Well someone clearly hasn't been brushing up on their 'future managers handbook'
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    SDAddick said:

Still not officially confirmed. Kind of tempted to offer my services as a copy writer. I've worked a lot with people whose first language isn't English, suspect it might be needed tonight...

Appearing on BBC Sport website though.....

So, we lose yet another manager who 'improved our rating and our position.......' .etc etc.
    Meire must be getting used to trotting out the same old garbage every few months now...
    Have we beaten the record for the swiftest number of managerial changes in the shortest amount of time?

• Options

Just a thought, if he was sacked after training this morning how come it took so long for the news to get out ?

Probably been trying to push It out and the others keep passing it sideways and back again
  • Options
    God, I have to sleep on this one.
  • Options
    Am I surprised, no. Am I bothered, no. Do I care, no.

I hate Roland with a passion, I hate Katrien with a passion, please go, I want my Charlton back.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Still not officially confirmed. Kind of tempted to offer my services as a copy writer. I've worked a lot with people whose first language isn't English, suspect it might be needed tonight...

Appearing on BBC Sport website though.....

So, we lose yet another manager who 'improved our rating and our position.......' .etc etc.
    Meire must be getting used to trotting out the same old garbage every few months now...
    Have we beaten the record for the swiftest number of managerial changes in the shortest amount of time?

Sorry my post may have been misleading. I meant still not on OS/Club Twitter. I have no doubt about the truthfulness of the story, but given it was leaked (originally by CARD), around ~6pm, picked up by the rest of the press within an hour, many were told there'd be an announcement at 7pm, and it's not 930pm and there's no announcement is silly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that lasted longer than I thought. The next puppet in will be gone before this season is finished
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It is intriguing that there has been this long delay.
    I bet there are hundreds of screwed up bits of paper in the bin with attempts at the opening sentence to try to pass off this latest development as progress.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    Hang on, playing devils advocate. What if Brussels isn't gone and this is a or stunt at giving card an own goal! If so I am hiring pitch.
  • Options
    The thing that gets to me the most is that Roland can spend part of his 70th birthday sacking someone. A 'weird' way to celebrate your birthday.
  • Options
    obviously even they know how this looks and are working out how best to spin it
  • Options
    I wonder if Katrien gave Slade the bullet?
  • Options

Hang on, playing devils advocate. What if Brussels isn't gone and this is a or stunt at giving card an own goal! If so I am hiring pitch.

Not just card reporting it though ,BBC and Talksport have confirmed it via 'their sources'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    What we know is that an angry Roland is unpredictable. We have to get him angry and he might just chuck it in. To those who have gone to Belgium, I salute you.

I want to make another important point. Meire suddenly seemed to identify the mistake that caused relegation after last season. It was simply because they didn't appoint a British manager. Well, this shows how stupid they are. What we have said is that we needed a manager who knew the English game, he didn't have to be English and he didn't have to be anybody. Common sense might have suggested that a manager who has never achieved a promotion might not be the best appointment.

Had they listened to fans which god forbid would be a miracle, they would have heard us identifying the unbalanced squad as the issue. We had some decent players last year, but look at the team we put out at home to Prestion. A guaranteed defeat and that happened many times after. Fareye was a disaster, but just an example that they haven't got a clue.

If they want to appoint a manager who might give them a chance of promotion, surely they ought to look at managers who have actually achieved a promotion!

They were telling us all they cracked it in the summer and we were saying, fix the midfield for god's sake!!!! They weren't desperate enough because they don't have the understanding. We were pointing out their mistake, but they decided it was something else!
  • Options
    Slade left today without saying goodbye to any staff. Very odd.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Not just card reporting it though ,BBC and Talksport have confirmed it via 'their sources'
    Fair, I just fear some sick game by this lot.
  • Options
    KM too busy wading through all those CVs, from all those out of work managers waiting to apply for this job.
  • Options
    In the OS it says 2hrs and 38 minutes under the club statement. 2hrs 38 mins of what? Since we have been managerless?
  • Options
    sm said:

I suspect the delay is because Duchatelet wants to put out another announcement blaming the fans while the PR Agency is trying to stop him being so stupid - meanwhile the puppet just jerks up and down on her strings.

This is exactly what I reckon is going on.
  • Options

Just a thought, if he was sacked after training this morning how come it took so long for the news to get out ?

Piecing snippets together from here/Twitter, it sounds like the club were planning on announcing it tomorrow night so this has caught the club on the hop.

If true -

Why would they do that, do we know the reason why they would delay the announcement ?
  • Options
    Well.. thanks for the memories Brussel. Particularly the exciting 2 point win over premiership opposition in Southampton, games under the floodlights of the Valley in an electric atmosphere are always that more special.

Worthy mention for that well earned point against the mighty Oldham, will live long in the memory of how attacking football should be played.

Atleast you was more positive than that useless 101 point recording breaking negative no tactic Chris Powell!!!!!
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic has today parted company with manager Russell Slade
    Charlton Athletic has today parted company with manager Russell Slade.

The club has reluctantly made this decision after results this season, which have left the team occupying 15th place. The club wants to give itself the best possible opportunity of achieving its number one priority – winning promotion to the Sky Bet Championship at the earliest opportunity.

The club would like to thank Russell for his tireless work during his time at The Valley, particularly the processes and disciplines he has instilled at the training ground, and wishes him well for the future.

The club will make no further comment until a new manager has been appointed.