Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Confirmed: Russell Slade Sacked****

Comments

• Options
    I feel sorry for KM, she has to try and interview at least 20 applicants and announce the new Head coach within 24 hours, none of you understand the difficult job she does :smiley:
  • Options
    mogodon said:

The club have told the media they would issue a statement at 7pm. It's now 7.15 and still silence. They can't even tell the truth about that!!

Lol, imagine the smoke coming out of the top of @Ollywozeres eBay typewriter that the club treated him to.......
  • Options
    sm said:

Still not confirmed on OS at quarter past 8

Does their incompetence have any limits?
    Unfortunately no
  • Options
    satsuma27 said:

Chris O'Loughlin. Playing career in Northern Ireland. On coaching team at Orlando Pirates.Did quite well with a team from Democratic Republic of Congo AS Vita.Went to Coach in Australia. Then assistant coach at St Truiden.Steller CV.

Sign him up.
  • Options
    WSS said:

These are times when I wished we hadn't banned Colin.

It's Marc Wilmotts this time.......

Isn't it???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

WSS said:

Isn't it???
    Got ya
  • Options
    Lol...Slade's going to be the man for our future! Hilarious.

Didn't like Slade's football style but really can't see how any manager would succeed in their toxic environment.

Silence from the club...probably talking to that PR company on the big announcement not realising that the news is out!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I feel sorry for KM, she has to try and interview at least 20 applicants and announce the new Head coach within 24 hours, none of you understand the difficult job she does :smiley:

That's without the 11 fans meetings she has planned.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

mogodon said:

The club have told the media they would issue a statement at 7pm. It's now 7.15 and still silence. They can't even tell the truth about that!!

Lol, imagine the smoke coming out of the top of @Ollywozeres eBay typewriter that the club treated him to.......
    A statement will be made when the funds are cleared and the listings for Paul Hayes' snood & Martin Cranies undershorts have finished!
  • Options
    Even Blackpool can get out a press release about sacking their manager quicker than this.
  • Options
    Still not officially confirmed. Kind of tempted to offer my services as a copy writer. I've worked a lot with people whose first language isn't English, suspect it might be needed tonight...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

We are all under the impression that the lack of an announcement is another cock-up. It could actually be a PR masterstroke to bury bad news by announcing Chris O'Loughlin as the new manager at 3am and hoping nobody notices.

What and shave off Chris' hair and claim that Slade has gone on a diet and that he's still in charge
  • Options
    Kevin Keegan 25/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't O'Loughlin play indoor football? Maybe we are just not seeing the future -Roland is a visionary, after all. Sell the Valley and training ground, move us into the Lib or that big room at the Bugle Horn?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nicholas said:

Shame as Slade normally comes good at Christmas time.

You're on a roll tonight Nick, get on that phone to Talk Sport let em ave it and don't hold back for a change :wink: .
  • Options
    sm said:

Even Blackpool can get out a press release about sacking their manager quicker than this.

Probably because Driesen's Championship Manager doesn't have contact numbers.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

WSS said:

Isn't it???
    Got ya
    Colin......Colin? Is that you? :wink:
  • Options
    In what's become a tradition now...

• Options
    Is that Nobby Vinegar?
  • Options
    Chris O'Loughlin in February 2016. There have been subsequent links to English football with Charlton Athletic touted as a possible destination – links which were dismissed by O’Loughlin as “complete speculation”. He has however admitted that one day he would like to manage in England. “The goal in the future is to go across to England. Why? Because something that can’t be replaced wherever I’ve gone is that football culture. If you grow up on your whole life on a certain type of football culture, of course you want to experience that different type of intensity.”

The interview here hardly fills me with a belief this is the man to lead us to salvation. http://www.benefoot.net/exclusive-interview-with-sint-truidens-chris-oloughlin/
  • Options
    Delighted Slade is gone. I want Charlton back - not a team run by the most negative, anti-football coach I've ever seen! We fight for Charlton, not for English coaches or English players.
  • Options

Didn't O'Loughlin play indoor football? Maybe we are just not seeing the future -Roland is a visionary, after all. Sell the Valley and training ground, move us into the Lib or that big room at the Bugle Horn?

The indoor footballer was Nobby of Vinegar fame. O'L's football career was at Cliftonville and Larne in Norn Ireland.