Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Tue 22 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Credit to organisers if the game goes ahead as this is Bristol at the moment...

• Options

A good solid 3-0.
    Touching distance of the playoffs.
    We are a good bet for automatic promotion now.

Sarcasm?
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 0-4, hold on feel a law suit coming on, revised to 0-1.
  • Options

Mainly dry tomorrow so might be OK.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Always preffered Bristol Rovers over Bristol City. No idea why though.

Rovers or City ?

"I've always kept abreast of their results.
    Not much between the pair of Bristol's for me."

Jim Davidson 1982.
  • Options
    Did Botaka play in his normal position of LW or was he on the right? I am and will be disappointed if we continue to have 3 CBs on the bench and zero midfielders. Man up Kevin!
  • Options

Always preffered Bristol Rovers over Bristol City. No idea why though.

Rovers or City ?

I've always kept abreast of their results.
    Not much between the pair of Bristol's for me.
    Rovers for me.
  • Options
    prefer rovers over city, at the euros met possibly the biggest amount of hillbilly looking knobheads that follow bristol city, im talking proper proper twats. for that reason apart from when were playing UP THE GAS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bristol Post website suggesting game may be called off; rain is forecast to continue falling until about 7 am tomorrow; I guess it depends how good the drainage is at the Memorial Stadium.
  • Options

P-P Waterlogged pitch.....just a prediction.

Not a bad call given the weather forecast for the west country today
    Though the forecast for most of tomorrow looks dry. Time for it to dry out.
  • Options
    Quote from Bristol Post online

Marcus Stewart is hopeful that heavy overnight rain will not put paid to Bristol Rovers' game against Charlton Athletic at the Memorial Stadium on Tuesday night.

Bristol was brought to a standstill on Monday morning as commuters were forced to battle their way through flash flooding following persistent rain fall that started on Sunday night.

Groundstaff were at the Memorial Stadium first thing on Monday morning working overtime in a bid to drain the pitch in preparation for the match, and Stewart said: "The rain is in for today, but I believe that it won't be so wet for the rest of the week. Our pitch at the Memorial Stadium drains pretty well so I think we'll be fine."

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/will-bristol-rovers-sky-bet-league-one-match-with-charlton-athletic-go-ahead-on-tuesday-night/story-29921250-detail/story.html#ytjaLIrUCXLs21v1.99
  • Options
    Blimey often wondered what happened to Marcus Stewart as he was lethal for Ipswich back in / around 2000!!
  • Options

Blimey often wondered what happened to Marcus Stewart as he was lethal for Ipswich back in / around 2000!!

Pretty much got them promoted in 2000.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    I remember a few years ago (under Parky I think) we played Bristol Rovers and were on telly and we were bloody awful. Rickie Lambert was dominant that day.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I remember a few years ago (under Parky I think) we played Bristol Rovers and were on telly and we were bloody awful. Rickie Lambert was dominant that day.

That was the fixture mentioned on Pg.1 which saw Grant Basey break his leg

Rickie Lambert though, WHY didnt we make an effort to sign him!!
  • Options

Did Botaka play in his normal position of LW or was he on the right? I am and will be disappointed if we continue to have 3 CBs on the bench and zero midfielders. Man up Kevin!

Botaka is a RM. That's where he plays internationally and I'm told that's where he played for Leeds.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Referee was one of the worst ever Trevor Kettle .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

Referee was one of the worst ever Trevor Kettle .
    Oh Christ... Now I know why Blizzard was never sent off!!
  • Options
    Someone at the under 23 game today saying that Rudd could be a doubt tomorrow & that mitov had travelled with the team
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    can't get there .. good and bad, the ground is one of the worst in the country .. BUT I'll miss the next chapter in the après Slade revival ..
    we still owe the (fart) Gas Men one from the incident when Basey was essentially crippled all those years ago .. I forget the name of the dirty bastard who did him .. was it Lines ? .. if so, he's gone back there

Bristol Rovers 1 v CAFC 3
  • Options

can't get there .. good and bad, the ground is one of the worst in the country .. BUT I'll miss the next chapter in the après Slade revival ..
    we still owe the (fart) Gas Men one from the incident when Basey was essentially crippled all those years ago .. I forget the name of the dirty bastard who did him .. was it Lines ? .. if so, he's gone back there

Dominic Blizzard... Now without a club thankfully after being released by Plymouth
  • Options

could always use our .. wait for it

subs ((:<)
  • Options

could always use our .. wait for it

subs ((:<)</p>
  • Options

Dominic Blizzard... Now without a club thankfully after being released by Plymouth
    apt name for a fart of a player .. thanks oh all (nearly) knowing one ((:>)
  • Options
    Basey became a fearsome club cricketer at least after his professional retirement