Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options

Reading some of the OUFC twitter 'tweets' is genuinely like deja-vu! It could be us from 8 months ago! Unbelievable how he can continue to be so intransigent and blameless. Sometimes you've just got to be honest with yourself and admit that you're just not very good at what you do for a living.

If I was trying to wing it like Robinson ....... the very least I'd do is get in a decent Assistant Manager, who can get the set-up right.

Then everyone would think Robinson was the next Brian Clough.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Sage said:

Another thing is as well, since the Bromley Addicks meeting last year, Robinson has been in charge of 43 league games for us and Oxford. In that time he has a record of:

W 12
    D 11
    L 20
    F 39
    A 61
    GD -22
    47 points from 43

Relegation form.

I like this, slating him is fun when you got proof to how bad he has been.

When was the Bromley Addicks meeting as he's only won 4 games with Oxford since he took over in March...

Not to mention 4-draws and 11-defeats
  • Options

been truly found out this time, i didnt really mind him as a person thought he was quite likeable for a scouser which is not easy, but hes gotta be gone soon, 1/5th way through the season 5 points and a -10 goal difference, the only saving grace is those above arent pulling away yet - on a side note suprising to see plymouth and shrewsbury doing so badly

The thing with Shrewsbury is they lost their manager and all their decent players.
    And their ginger.
  • Options
    Sage said:

MrLargo said:

There's some good waffle and nonsense in here: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16897875.defiant-karl-robinson-determined-to-turn-around-oxford-uniteds-fortunes/

He said: “I’m just frustrated, because I know how good I can be at my job."

I know how "good" you can be as well. Nothing like as good as you seem to think.

“How many times can you keep taking that? How many times on a Friday can I find out another player is injured? How many times on a Saturday morning can I find out a player is not right, or not well?"

Sounds familiar. How's the revolutionary "3 pre-season games in 3 days" working out for you?

Numpty.

In the grand scheme of things, those three games in three days in pre-season really wouldn't still be effecting anything in terms of his team and it's injuries. They would do more work in actual training in a normal three days than they would in three games, relative to position.

It is the fact he uses the same methods throughout training, the same movements and his lack of management ability. Footballers are not as stupid as you may think, the whole, "a player is not right, or not well" indicates to me more that he doesn't want to be involved and play under Robinson. The injuries are often from RSI's under Robinson that go unnoticed because of his methods, as we found out last season. Now Oxford are in a poor run of form, can't buy a win, have a manager who has not been able to produce the goods for a very long time, doesn't know when to shut up, fans have already turned on him and the team, and are getting injuries after injuries.

Unless he goes soon, they will be in trouble for a while and could find themselves in big trouble getting relegated. The trend we had last season of conceding late goals has continued for Robinson at Oxford, in their 9 games, they have conceded 4 goals in the last 10 minutes of a game. Whereas, for us, we have scored 4 in the last 10 minutes of game in our 9 fixtures. Shows the difference in mentality.
    We've also conceded 4 goals in the last 10 minutes of games though
  • Options
    Before he joined us he had got the sack at MK Dons where he left them after winning 1 game in the last 12 !!. Maybe he looked good for us as we were so shit and compatered to Karel etc . Now what useless owner employed him in the first place I wonder.
  • Options
    In the same respect (about mentality) we've conceded first on three occasions this season winning twice

Yes its a concern as we dont want it to keep happening yet thats unthinkable from the past few years as to go 1-0 down would be an instant defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:

Oggy Red said:

Reading some of the OUFC twitter 'tweets' is genuinely like deja-vu! It could be us from 8 months ago! Unbelievable how he can continue to be so intransigent and blameless. Sometimes you've just got to be honest with yourself and admit that you're just not very good at what you do for a living.

If I was trying to wing it like Robinson ....... the very least I'd do is get in a decent Assistant Manager, who can get the set-up right.

Then everyone would think Robinson was the next Brian Clough.

Judging by bowyer, he had a decent assistant and didn’t listen to him.
    But if I was Robbo, I'd have let Bowyer organise everything.

Then I'd spend my time telling everyone what a good management team I had.
    Or better still .... keep schtumm.

• Options

ricky holmes left us to better himself and going to be relegated with oxford.

Holmes drop in form is a bit puzzling. He looked exceptional with us much of the time, hardly featured at Sheffield U and has now tanked at Oxford. Given he is now 31, his season with us in 2016-2017 looks like being the best he'll achieve.
  • Options

Holmes drop in form is a bit puzzling. He looked exceptional with us much of the time, hardly featured at Sheffield U and has now tanked at Oxford. Given he is now 31, his season with us in 2016-2017 looks like being the best he'll achieve.
    I wouldn't write him off yet. Players perform better with team mates playing well.
    It can be difficult find form in a losing side.

When confidence is low, the ball gets hoofed instead of passed, team mates stop making runs off the ball, players are afraid to try to make things happen. Nothing comes off for you. Heads drop.

IMO it's just wrong time, wrong place for Ricky.

• Options
    Rudders22 said:

Before he joined us he had got the sack at MK Dons where he left them after winning 1 game in the last 12 !!. Maybe he looked good for us as we were so shit and compatered to Karel etc . Now what useless owner employed him in the first place I wonder.

Most managers go on bad runs and get sacked. Then come back at a new club, that's how football works. Powell was sacked by Huddersfield after poor results for example.
  • Options

this i don't blame him for leaving - but he hasn't really gone anywhere if anything it was a step back. he could of finished off at charlton and probably become a bit of hero.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sage said:

Another thing is as well, since the Bromley Addicks meeting last year, Robinson has been in charge of 43 league games for us and Oxford. In that time he has a record of:

W 12
    D 11
    L 20
    F 39
    A 61
    GD -22
    47 points from 43

Relegation form.

I like this, slating him is fun when you got proof to how bad he has been.

When was the Bromley Addicks meeting as he's only won 4 games with Oxford since he took over in March...

Not to mention 4-draws and 11-defeats
    I miss calculated, he has managed 41 games since and won 9 of them.

The meeting was between Wimbledon and MK Dons home games, I believe.
  • Options

Sage said:

MrLargo said:

There's some good waffle and nonsense in here: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16897875.defiant-karl-robinson-determined-to-turn-around-oxford-uniteds-fortunes/

He said: “I’m just frustrated, because I know how good I can be at my job."

I know how "good" you can be as well. Nothing like as good as you seem to think.

“How many times can you keep taking that? How many times on a Friday can I find out another player is injured? How many times on a Saturday morning can I find out a player is not right, or not well?"

Sounds familiar. How's the revolutionary "3 pre-season games in 3 days" working out for you?

Numpty.

In the grand scheme of things, those three games in three days in pre-season really wouldn't still be effecting anything in terms of his team and it's injuries. They would do more work in actual training in a normal three days than they would in three games, relative to position.

It is the fact he uses the same methods throughout training, the same movements and his lack of management ability. Footballers are not as stupid as you may think, the whole, "a player is not right, or not well" indicates to me more that he doesn't want to be involved and play under Robinson. The injuries are often from RSI's under Robinson that go unnoticed because of his methods, as we found out last season. Now Oxford are in a poor run of form, can't buy a win, have a manager who has not been able to produce the goods for a very long time, doesn't know when to shut up, fans have already turned on him and the team, and are getting injuries after injuries.

Unless he goes soon, they will be in trouble for a while and could find themselves in big trouble getting relegated. The trend we had last season of conceding late goals has continued for Robinson at Oxford, in their 9 games, they have conceded 4 goals in the last 10 minutes of a game. Whereas, for us, we have scored 4 in the last 10 minutes of game in our 9 fixtures. Shows the difference in mentality.
    We've also conceded 4 goals in the last 10 minutes of games though
    Yes, you are right. However, only 2 of them have changed the outcome of a game. We have at least been scoring at the end of games as well now, where we used to just capitulate before.
  • Options
    Shaun Derry is his other assistant so likely they would put him in temporary charge.
    As a true Karl disciple, I watched the whole 90 min v Coventry on Sky recently. It's the best way to spend your downtime.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I can understand the tracking and gloating at every opportunity about Alan Pardew's career since he left us. But I feel I have missed something with Robinson. Has he said something particularly negative about the club or its fans since he left, or even before he left?

We're probably going in circles a bit in terms of this point being made, I'm generally on your side... definitely not gloating, but I found him a bit annoying and it does feel good that our widespread criticism of his tactics (not necessarily his character) is vindicated.

I doubt many/any think he's a particularly nasty bloke (a la Pards), but I for one don't want to see him leave us and do well immediately after either. A lot of people took real exception to how he shifted blame around like nobody's business and delivered to us as fans a miserable season or two... so he's going to get pelters on here. Some will be over the top, some probably won't even make sense, welcome to Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Diabysmal.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I can understand the tracking and gloating at every opportunity about Alan Pardew's career since he left us. But I feel I have missed something with Robinson. Has he said something particularly negative about the club or its fans since he left, or even before he left?

Nope he's just got that winning combination of affable idiocy, permanent inebriation and terrible results. Nostalgia may not be quite as good as we remember but schadenfreude never gets old.

IIR he hasn't slagged us off since he bailed but he had called us a basket case, not long before he agreed to join. Let's not let the accuracy of that assessment get in the way of our indignation :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    He has some decent players - definitely shouldn't be where they are. I though under him, we played too much in front of teams with absolutely no penetration (desire to get behind them). Opponents were content to let us do this and we had more than our fair share of possession, but we didn't create enough chances. Are Oxford doing this too?
  • Options

The way he laughed at the fans after the dreadful 0-0 with Fleetwood at home. Pr*ck.
  • Options
    Be quite funny if he gets a win against Man City tomorrow night.........