Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    I'd take a midfield 3 of Euell, Bowyer and Jackson

You've got to be objective, Johnnie Jackson isn't daft, he knows he'd be given a lot more away by the fans as would Jason Euell. Purely on a character basis Lee Bowyer would be who I'd go for in the short term.

This is all part of the stupid circus we've been for 4 years though. Until the rancid old scrotum has gone we could have Guardiola I'm charge and I doubt he'd get a tune out of a lot of our gutless pussies
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Worth reading through this to remember just how ridiculous the RD era has been.

What an excellent Twitter compilation.
  • Options
    As KR never learns from his mistakes, I am sure the greatest players leauge one has ever seen Reeves and Marshall will be joining him. Marshall in May and Reeves about September, when he's thought about it for 4 months.

As a man I didn't dislike him, he is character and obviously did his best for us. However, in the role he was inept, and his performance as team manager is up,there with the worst ever. its been dross for 95% of the time.
  • Options

Did anyone think Wow! when we signed him?

Hmmm, nah.
  • Options
    lets hope Bowyer is our very own Neil Harris...

shame it hasn't worked out for Robinson, I always quite liked him.
  • Options
    Is this FACT?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kimbo said:

Is this FACT?

hasn't been confirmed on the Oxford official website
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Is this FACT?

Not yet, sadly.
  • Options
    I'm feeling quite optimistic about Bowyer. Mate of mine recently did the half time crossbar challenge, and as part of that got to spend a day at the training ground. Said he was really impressed with Bowyer, not just how he coached, but his fitness and involvement in all the training.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If the rumours are right our new manager should be imminent, and we therefore need someone to motivate and manage the team for 1-2 games, I would be happy with Bowyer for that, hes not going to be the long term answer.
  • Options

I'm feeling quite optimistic about Bowyer. Mate of mine recently did the half time crossbar challenge, and as part of that got to spend a day at the training ground. Said he was really impressed with Bowyer, not just how he coached, but his fitness and involvement in all the training.

I remember the 25 years back to the valley charity match and his fitness seemed pretty good. he did hog the ball a bit to much though.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dizzle said:

It doesn’t matter who the manager is all the while RD is the owner.

Roland out

I think Riga, first time round, proved that this isn't the case.

Roland is massively harming the club, but that shouldn't be a get out of jail card for Robinson (or any other manager). We should be demanding more from our club - both on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    se9addick said:

Dizzle said:

It doesn’t matter who the manager is all the while RD is the owner.

Roland out

I think Riga, first time round, proved that this isn't the case.

Roland is massively harming the club, but that shouldn't be a get out of jail card for Robinson (or any other manager). We should be demanding more from our club - both on and off the pitch.
    You mean before Roland's Rot had fully set in?!
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Is this FACT?

More like FUCT whichever way you look at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Rolly has got his lega team to construct a gagging doc to keep gobby quiet, that is why it has taken a while.

If I was RD I would release from a contract only if he was gagged.
  • Options
    **CONFIRMED**
  • Options

Bowyer caretaker manager, Jackson assistant manager.
  • Options
    On official Twitter feed now that he’s gone. Bowyer and JJ “step up”.
  • Options
    Wish him the best of luck. Feel for the guy.
  • Options
    This thread now for Robinson please, the other for Bowyer / Jackson/ going forwards
  • Options

He came across well at the Bromley Addicks, and I can imagine him being more popular with the players than Robinson - just speculation of course. I'm hoping the players will respond well on Saturday. A win while not quite re-igniting our season might at least give us a shred of hope.

And then if the club is sold in the next week or so!