Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports Personality of the Year 2016

Comments

• Options

Mo

Not a fan?

I'd reckon he would be favourite to win if it wasn't for Murray..

But then again he doesn't seem to get the votes going by past results.
    I'm a fan when he's running, but that is a strong list
  • Options
    top three should be 1... Mo Farah, 2... Mo Farah and 3... Mo Farah
  • Options

Your choice in sports personality is almost as bad as things you listen too!

; )
  • Options
    Give it Giggsy to the end of the year
  • Options
    Murray Farah Kenny
  • Options
    Murray an absolute shoe in. If he doesn't win it's a fix. Or a gingerist conspiracy.
  • Options

Murray an absolute shoe in. If he doesn't win it's a fix. Or a gingerist conspiracy.

Wimbledon & the Olympics are two of the remaining things BBC have the rights to - he'll win !
  • Options
    i'm surprised Jamie Murray didn't make the list
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Your choice in sports personality is almost as bad as things you listen too!

; )
    I'll take no musical advice from a man who whiles away the hours listening to Tibetan/Mongolian/Wherever 'throat' singers f f s ... ((:>)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If Murray hadn't lost to Nishikori in the US there wouldn't have even been a shortlist, so we can be grateful for that I guess

Still favour him, but Farah, Skelton and a couple of others have a shout.

Willett would have had a better shout if he'd injured himself putting on the Green Jacket and missed the rest of the golfing year

Of course he would of, he is the Wimbledon Champion. Again.
  • Options
    Murray must be a shoo in, I would reckon that more women than men vote on this kind of populist poll and the females just love sexy Andy .. those legs ((:>) .. that is unless the anti scot brigade all vote for Mo - the most deserving in my opinion ... this is an excerpt from Farah's Wiki entry: VERY impressive and unlikely to ever be repeated

The most successful British track athlete in modern Olympic Games history, he is the 2012 and 2016 Olympic gold medallist in both the 5000 m and 10,000 m. He is the second athlete in modern Olympic Games history, after Lasse Virén, to successfully defend the 5000 m and 10,000 m titles. Farah also completed the double at the 2013 and 2015 World Championships in Athletics. He was the second man in history to win long-distance doubles at successive Olympics and World Championships, and the first in history to do the quadruple-double
  • Options
    Murray -- Brownlee -- Kenny
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    clb74 said:

Has Murray got a personality

Pretty sure the personality thing went out the window back when Mansell won it. I'd prefer it if it was just 'sports person' or 'sporting achievement' of the year.
  • Options
    Who have all fallen away but Mo has had to get better to keep his challengers off. Arguably.

But Murray has to perform more consistently through the year.
  • Options
    Baffled that Froome isn't on the list.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Forgot about him... Should surely be ahead of Vardy at least
  • Options
    iainment said:

Fully agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Kenny surely if based on achievements

That's just getting hold of Laura.
  • Options
    Mo would beat Murray in a race but Murray would be fit enough to clock a respectable time.

Whereas Murray would slaughter Mo across 3 sets.

Take from that what you will.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Fiiish said:

Mo would beat Murray in a race but Murray would be fit enough to clock a respectable time.

Same with Brownlee against Farah...

He can do a 10,000 on the road in a respective time yet thats after doing a huge swim and bike ride!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triathlon_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men's_10,000_metres#Final_2

i.e. Just four minutes in it

Whilst in London 2012 there were just two minutes separating the two of them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triathlon_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s#Results
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_10,000_metres#Results
  • Options
    you can't give it to mo, he eats quorn FFS!
  • Options

Leuth said:

If Murray hadn't lost to Nishikori in the US there wouldn't have even been a shortlist, so we can be grateful for that I guess

Willett would have had a better shout if he'd injured himself putting on the Green Jacket and missed the rest of the golfing year

I think this is the most comprehensively a post of mine has ever been misunderstood
  • Options
    I guess it's not taken into consideration, but this is the last year Farah can win it. Murray has few years left to win it another year.
    Even without that, feel Farah deserves it more.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

I think this is the most comprehensively a post of mine has ever been misunderstood
    Nah! Theres loads more that are equally misunderstood.
  • Options
    Well, as long as I'm not being understood, we should all get on fine ;)
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I'm fit enough to run the same distance as Mo Farrah, over the course of three or four weeks. But he'd never beat me at Wii Golf. I'm not sure why I'm not on the shortlist frankly.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Not popular with the public at large, and for that matter not very British! I wonder if the Wiggins allegations have tarnished the image (again) of endurance cycling