Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports Personality of the Year 2016

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Seriously, I was pleased for Skelton on behalf of us oldies, Brownlee for his humanity and Murray because of his sporting achievements.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    oh dear! Someone broke the trophy!
  • Options
    Skelton. Please.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Should've been Bruce Forsythe. FFS it's the personality that matters. BBC fix etc etc.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Quietly enjoying certain Leave supporters getting upset at the "wrong" result, as voted by the public.

Yeah, I think they should do it all again until a real sporting personality wins it
  • Options
    Show Jumping ain't a popular sport among the townie liberals at the Beeb, I know that
  • Options
    Murray ain't even English ffs
  • Options

That's what confuses me about his reluctance to smile, he does know he's not English doesn't he?
  • Options

That's what confuses me about his reluctance to smile, he does know he's not English doesn't he?
    Like I must have told you before Dave, there are 2 types of people on this planet, the English and the people who wanna be English...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016

Seriously, I was pleased for Skelton on behalf of the oldies, Brownlee for his humanity and Murray because of his sporting achievements.

A decent and correct top 3. A bit disappointing of Bale to not even film a clip for the show though
  • Options
    So what about the English that admit they are happier living outside of England away from the English?
  • Options

So what about the English that admit they are happier living outside of England away from the English?

Thoroughbreds
  • Options
    So Murray won it did he?
  • Options
    Hash tag couldn't give a shit
  • Options
    shame it wasn't an Olympian in an Olympic year.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I find it hard to believe that so many people voted for a show jumper.

EDIT: Just noticed that Skelton got twice the votes that Mo got.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Whoops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

Quietly enjoying certain Leave supporters getting upset at the "wrong" result, as voted by the public.

Yeah, I think they should do it all again until a real sporting personality wins it
    They do.

Every year they have the same public vote.
  • Options
    apologies i meant a traditional olympian, brownlee, skelton olympic years are the only years where they really shine, no denying murray is an unbelievable sportsman
  • Options

Chizz said:

They do.

Every year they have the same public vote.
    Chizz started it
  • Options

• Options

It's the BBC, not the EBC.
  • Options

apologies i meant a traditional olympian, brownlee, skelton olympic years are the only years where they really shine, no denying murray is an unbelievable sportsman

Traditions like 5 time Olympic event, triathlon or 14 time Olympic event, show jumping; as opposed to 15 time Olympic event, tennis you mean PH?

What's that saying about when you're in a hole? :wink:
  • Options

It's the BBC, not the EBC.
    I was only winding young Dave up weren't I
  • Options

Traditions like 5 time Olympic event, triathlon or 14 time Olympic event, show jumping; as opposed to 15 time Olympic event, tennis you mean PH?

precisely murray plays wimbledon every year, the brown lee brothers are in a pretty unrecognised sport. thats all i was pointing out.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

precisely murray plays wimbledon every year, the brown lee brothers are in a pretty unrecognised sport. thats all i was pointing out.
    Wimbledon is only well known though because its shown by the biggest terrestrial company available.

The World Triathlon Series is also shown by the BBC but only online so is there if you wanted to see it... From the crowds that go to watch in the various Cities it gets more fans than the Diamond Track Meetings you also see on BBC2 etc.