Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports Personality of the Year 2016

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    No idea how many votes it takes to actually win, but surely McGregor would walk this ..... and he actually has a personality
  • Options
    shine166 said:

No idea how many votes it takes to actually win, but surely McGregor would walk this

Republic of Ireland he's from though.

There isnt a number of votes required to win, its just whoever get the most
  • Options
    shine166 said:

No idea how many votes it takes to actually win, but surely McGregor would walk this ..... and he actually has a personality

Your fishing is more blatant than @i_b_b_o_r_g 's !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

shine166 said:

I meant every word of it
  • Options
    Jokes aside though, he coulda cracked a smile. Stayed straight faced in his interview and in his acceptance speech.
  • Options

shine166 said:

No idea how many votes it takes to actually win, but surely McGregor would walk this

Yer I get it isn't a first to 50 system, just think McGregor fans would outnumber most of the others... especially considering some of the other nominees
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Jokes aside though, he coulda cracked a smile. Stayed straight faced in his interview and in his acceptance speech.

• Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Yer I get it isn't a first to 50 system, just think McGregor fans would outnumber most of the others... especially considering some of the other nominees
    So would Bolt I'd have thought, but he ain't British
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

shine166 said:

I meant every word of it
    I meant the "he isn't even English.." Comment !

I think he's just a very focused individual, we've had too many nice guy sportsmen (particuarly Henman in that particular sport) so it's nice to have one, genuinely world class, sportsman with the killer instinct. Whether that means he should win Sports "Personality" of the Year I'm not sure, perhaps they should change the name to Sports Person of the Year as I'm pretty sure the public vote based entirely on sporting achievement rather than personality.
    Isn't Personality a word that has changed since SPOTY was first released though?

i.e. Years ago Gay didnt mean that you were homosexual rather than fact that you were a happy person... Personality means now that your a nice guy and nice to be around yet cant see why SPOTY would have used it for that reason back in the 60s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure bored internet trolls who can't even come up with an original joke are in any position to comment on who has a personality or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

shine166 said:

I meant every word of it

I think he's just a very focused individual, we've had too many nice guy sportsmen (particuarly Henman in that particular sport) so it's nice to have one, genuinely world class, sportsman with the killer instinct. Whether that means he should win Sports "Personality" of the Year I'm not sure, perhaps they should change the name to Sports Person of the Year as I'm pretty sure the public vote based entirely on sporting achievement rather than personality.
    So am I, but it's still pretty ironic that he has won this particular award 3 times seeing as he ain't got much of a personality
  • Options

apologies i meant a traditional olympian, brownlee, skelton olympic years are the only years where they really shine, no denying murray is an unbelievable sportsman

Traditions like 5 time Olympic event, triathlon or 14 time Olympic event, show jumping; as opposed to 15 time Olympic event, tennis you mean PH?

What's that saying about when you're in a hole? :wink:
    precisely murray plays wimbledon every year, the brown lee brothers are in a pretty unrecognised sport. thats all i was pointing out.
    Wimbledon is only well known though because its shown by the biggest terrestrial company available.

The World Triathlon Series is also shown by the BBC but only online so is there if you wanted to see it... From the crowds that go to watch in the various Cities it gets more fans than the Diamond Track Meetings you also see on BBC2 etc.
    Andy Murray's success in getting to World number 1, in a massively competitive sport (men's tennis) is why he was a fitting winner.

Vardy got 25000 votes, that'll be the Leicester fans!

• Options

Bloody hell, could he not even bother himself to be there. It's not the Charlton team photo FFS.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Not sure bored internet trolls who can't even come up with an original joke are in any position to comment on who has a personality or not.

Well I've never been so insulted
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

I think British tennis fans vastly outnumber the UFC fans. Hence why one takes over the BBC for a fortnight every year and the other is on Sky box office or something.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Bloody hell, could he not even bother himself to be there. It's not the Charlton team photo FFS.
    Nah he was away concentrating on his training ahead of the Australian Open same with every year.

He did say months ago he wouldnt be attending as he was going out for training later than usual because he was attending his Fathers Stag Weekend / Wedding
  • Options

Murray ain't even English ffs

It's the BBC, not the EBC.
    I was only winding young Dave up weren't I
    thank you xxx
  • Options
    edited December 2016

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

shine166 said:

I meant every word of it

So am I, but it's still pretty ironic that he has won this particular award 3 times seeing as he ain't got much of a personality
    Of course he has a personality, everyone has a personality. His just isn't all sunshine, dancing and laughter, like yours Rob... :lol:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

I think British tennis fans vastly outnumber the UFC fans. Hence why one takes over the BBC for a fortnight every year and the other is on Sky box office or something.
    McGregor won this year's RTE SPOTY and the the O'Donovan brothers won the team event.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Murray ain't even English ffs

It's the BBC, not the EBC.
    I was only winding young Dave up weren't I
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

shine166 said:

I meant every word of it

Of course he has a personality, everyone has a personality. His just isn't all sunshine, dancing and laughter, like yours Rob... :lol:

Give you that
  • Options

Fiiish said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

McGregor won this year's RTE SPOTY and the the O'Donovan brothers won the team event.
    How many Irish tennis players won medals or grand slam events? How popular is tennis in Ireland?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Don't be so precious ! It's a man hitting a ball with strings ffs
  • Options
    Yeah, tennis aint even a sport.
  • Options

But riding a horse...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

But riding a horse...
    One of the oldest sport known to man
  • Options
    ....ain't you seen Bonanza
  • Options

se9addick said:

But riding a horse...
    I think Henry VIII was a keen tennis player, really South East London sport !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

But riding a horse...
    I think Henry VIII was a keen tennis player, really South East London sport !
    And what a wife beater her was