Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    He’s doing the right thing - signing a contract beyond a year whilst we have incoming salary caps and are playing in League One with an uncertain future would make very little sense.

If we do somehow find a way to get promotion from League One then maybe he would re-sign with us then.
    I'm sure he would, and I think he'd quite happily give us this year in League 1 IF he can see that we're going to be a stable promotion challenger rather than a circus.
  • Options
    Wont be surprised if its a similar transfer to Rob Elliot, e.g. starts the season with us and then gets snapped up by a Championship team before the end of the window
  • Options
    He could have signed a deal with us last week on better terms than we can currently offer so is very unlikely to sign, even when the embargo is lifted.  No doubt he will still try his hardest for the team in the final year of his contract but the sensible business decision is to sell him now to a championship side.  Amos is a more than adequate replacement who is in exactly the same contractual position but doesn't have anything like the same value as Dillon does now.   Options on a replacement are a loan deal, sign a journeyman or rely on our 3 young u21s keepers as backup. 
  • Options
    Plenty of practise as a keeper with the amount of chuff in front of him 
    Last goalkeeper to win POTY for us was a relegated one as well , who had plenty of action to look good 
    I’ve had a power nap this afternoon but didn’t realise I had slept for 2.5 months.
    You should have slept for 5 months 
  • Options
    if Phillips wants to go sell him now and make some money from him rather than let him walk away on a free in less than a year. Amos is (I M O) an equally competent keeper. The Question is, are any clubs interested in buying Phillips ?  
  • Options
    Ridiculous that whilst in L1 he can't be offered more than 2k a week 
  • Options
    if Phillips wants to go sell him now and make some money from him rather than let him walk away on a free in less than a year. Amos is (I M O) an equally competent keeper. The Question is, are any clubs interested in buying Phillips ?  
    Given the state Charlton are in I can't imagine offers will be generous...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of practise as a keeper with the amount of chuff in front of him 
    Last goalkeeper to win POTY for us was a relegated one as well , who had plenty of action to look good 
    I’ve had a power nap this afternoon but didn’t realise I had slept for 2.5 months.
    This hasn’t aged well. Apologies to @oohaahmortimer
  • Options
    Might be an unpopular opinion but cash in on Dills now if he doesn’t want to stay. We have a more than capable replacement in Ben Amos, who was one of our best players in his previous spell with us in League 1. We can probably get close to the million mark for Dills, which we could then spend on a centre half that we need.
    This. No point him leaving on a free next summer. Might as well get some money in now & spend on where we really need it - like a right back. 
  • Options
    Might be an unpopular opinion but cash in on Dills now if he doesn’t want to stay. We have a more than capable replacement in Ben Amos, who was one of our best players in his previous spell with us in League 1. We can probably get close to the million mark for Dills, which we could then spend on a centre half that we need.
    This. No point him leaving on a free next summer. Might as well get some money in now & spend on where we really need it - like a right back. 
    But we can’t spend anything right now unless the EFL give us a special exception it seems. The old idea of ‘get some money in’ to reinvest in the squad needs to be reconsidered for our situation, at least in the here and now. 
  • Options
    Apparently he’s going to Blackburn.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I've only heard Nixon say that so far so pinch of salt unless you've heard it elsewhere?
  • Options
    Wait until we have new owners before we sell anyone, plead with him not to leave before we have new owners. They will Nick the money.

Sell him for a shed load and add an enormous sell on fee.
  • Options
    I don’t think we can or should stand in Dill’s way. I rate him very highly, so don’t want to lose him but more so I don’t want him sold until we can have some confidence any transfer fee received will stay in the club.

That being said, Amos was excellent for us when he was our first choice in League One, and I wouldn’t be at all concerned about how we’d cope without Dills because we have such a capable replacement already at the club. The club does need the money so it doesn’t make sense to let Dills go for free next summer if we can get a fee now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Have said before but I heard the plan was for him to be West Brom's second choice if they went up.
  • Options
    I long for the day we have a stable ownership and can see one or two of our youngsters playing in the Premier league for us for a change 
  • Options
    Morgan and Stephenson at Bromley Addicks a year or so back were asked about team morale.  They picked Pratley and Phillips as the two who made a big impact.  

Losing Dillon doesn't just leave a goalkeeping hole to fill.

Sad to see him go but understand it; he waited a long time (too long) for his chance and grabbed it with both hands.  

Relegated teams always lose their best players so no surprise but I hope we are taken over before he goes so we have a chance to spend the money - even if just on stadium/training ground improvements if salary caps make additional players impossible.

My only ask is that before Dills goes that he replies to the letter my 7 yr old boy sent 3 months ago, Dills is his fav player and he was gutted when he never got a response (we sent it to The Valley in lockdown so he probs never received it to be fair to him).
  • Options
    Morgan and Stephenson at Bromley Addicks a year or so back were asked about team morale.  They picked Pratley and Phillips as the two who made a big impact.  

Sad to see him go but understand it; he waited a long time (too long) for his chance and grabbed it with both hands.  

Relegated teams always lose their best players so no surprise but I hope we are taken over before he goes so we have a chance to spend the money - even if just on stadium/training ground improvements if salary caps make additional players impossible.

My only ask is that before Dills goes that he replies to the letter my 7 yr old boy sent 3 months ago, Dills is his fav player and he was gutted when he never got a response (we sent it to The Valley in lockdown so he probs never received it to be fair to him).
    Is it worth messaging Tracey Leaburn on twitter and asking her if she can do something with Dillon for your boy? 
  • Options
    I don’t think we can or should stand in Dill’s way. I rate him very highly, so don’t want to lose him but more so I don’t want him sold until we can have some confidence any transfer fee received will stay in the club.

That being said, Amos was excellent for us when he was our first choice in League One, and I wouldn’t be at all concerned about how we’d cope without Dills because we have such a capable replacement already at the club. The club does need the money so it doesn’t make sense to let Dills go for free next summer if we can get a fee now. 
    Didn't Amos end up at Millwall before coming back to us & he couldn't get in their team?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I think that’s what they’re setting us up for.

Long term I think Dillon will play in the premier league, I’d love it to be with us he’s improved so much in the last year from where he was.

I think he’s a much better keeper now than when Robbie Elliott was with us, sad to see him go, will have to change my profile pic!
  • Options

Doesn’t surprise me to hear this, you only had to see all the players video celebrations after Wembley, Phillips was leading everything. 
  • Options

Didn't Amos end up at Millwall before coming back to us & he couldn't get in their team?
    Yes but what’s that got to do with anything?