Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Following Christian Walton's return to Brighton from his loan at Blackburn David Button being linked with WBA as the new number 2 now.

Hopefully that means that the Baggies won't try to get Dillon. 
  • Dillon leaving for "football reasons" is totally understandable.  He has proved he is a championship player and wants to play there.  If/when he goes I will wish him nothing but luck.

What will be intresting is how will sell him.  Will it be bargain rate cash up front or will it be a proper fee structured over the length of his contract?

Even if its the later it's not going to be mega money but could be telling one way or the other. 
  • Really surprised there hasn't been more interest in Dillon.
  • I was impressed with Amos yesterday.

Would still be gutted if Dillon left, he seems like a great character to have in the team in the same way Hamer was under CP, but I think we'd be alright with Amos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Played cricket , well 27 overs before called off,  against Hornchurch Athletic CC yesterday and the square leg umpire(One of their older players)  saw my Charlton Athletic cricket jumper (won from an auction on here ) and said Dillon used to play for them and was a decent bat and bowler as well as an incredible fielder .
    Said what a nice chap he is and that the word at the Cricket club is he looking at his options but wants to be a number one (goalie not batsmen) having waited so long to get there at Charlton he’s not keen on sitting on a bench .
    That's good to hear, a player wanting to play, rather than just accepting a big offer to sit on the bench 

Like another keeper, Rob Elliot - 54 League starts in 9 years with not one since 2017. According to Soccerbase he is 15st 4lb. Wonder if there is a connection between those two sets of stats!
  • Played cricket , well 27 overs before called off,  against Hornchurch Athletic CC yesterday and the square leg umpire(One of their older players)  saw my Charlton Athletic cricket jumper (won from an auction on here ) and said Dillon used to play for them and was a decent bat and bowler as well as an incredible fielder .
    Said what a nice chap he is and that the word at the Cricket club is he looking at his options but wants to be a number one (goalie not batsmen) having waited so long to get there at Charlton he’s not keen on sitting on a bench .
    That's good to hear, a player wanting to play, rather than just accepting a big offer to sit on the bench 

Like another keeper, Rob Elliot - 54 League starts in 9 years with not one since 2017. According to Soccerbase he is 15st 4lb. Wonder if there is a connection between those two sets of stats!
    Also Hamer is not much better, 48 in the 6 years since he left (and 25 of those was in 1 season last year with Derby). 
  • MattF said:

What a pointless thing to write. Everything I have ever bought is more expensive than I wanted to pay, didn't stop me paying more than a £1* for them though.

*Breaks my heart even to write "buy something for a £1" now.
  • Taken with heaps of salt 

Also taken with plenty of salt as I have no idea wether this account should be ITK, but

• Just goes to show how stupid some clubs are.

Not that I am inclined to believe Nixon, but if Boro are refusing to pay £1M for a 25 year old keeper who played every game for a championship club last year, then they are stupid, he is well worth that and they should be snapping our hands off.

Seriously what else are they gonna get for £1M in todays market.

A couple of decent seasons and they can even sell him on at a profit if they want he has time on his hands at 25 for a keeper.
    If it is true I assume there plan was to try it on with a derisory offer to get him on the cheap
  • Nice to see us standing firm for once!!...

Too often in the past we've seen players heading out the door the moment we've heard of any interest!!
  • MattF said:
    Just goes to show how stupid some clubs are.

Not that I am inclined to believe Nixon, but if Boro are refusing to pay £1M for a 25 year old keeper who played every game for a championship club last year, then they are stupid, he is well worth that and they should be snapping our hands off.

A couple of decent seasons and they can even sell him on at a profit if they want he has time on his hands at 25 for a keeper.
    If it is true I assume there plan was to try it on with a derisory offer to get him on the cheap
    But thats what I am saying if Nixon is right and the asking price is the £1M range, surely you just pay it, he is worth it
  • MattF said:

But thats what I am saying if Nixon is right and the asking price is the £1M range, surely you just pay it, he is worth it
    That would make far too much sense, Boro love spunking money on players who aren't worth it, can't perform or they ruin them. 

Phillip's doesn't fit that quota. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

Does Nixon have a special version of Twitter? He seems incapable of going above 12 or so words and loves a one word sentence. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if our value for Phillips is spot on, but clubs like Boro want to take the p*** and pay a few hundred grand. 
    Nixon types 10 words then needs a long lie down in a dark room to get over his mental exhaustion His endurance just outstrips his integrity but way ahead of his courage 
  • edited August 2020
    MattF said:

I'm guessing they don't feel they need a goalkeeper that badly to spend a million on one, but would've happily taken him if they could've for less.

But as you say, just pay the million, even that price is a steal.
  • MattF said:

Surely clubs not just stumping up whatever and being careful about what they spend should be applauded.
    Mentored by Rob Elliot!!!
  • I was impressed with Amos yesterday.

Would still be gutted if Dillon left, he seems like a great character to have in the team in the same way Hamer was under CP, but I think we'd be alright with Amos.
    Yeah and his distribution is better than Dillon's. I'd be sad to see Dillon go. But that is the one, one, area in the squad we could absorb a loss.

I still think Dillon will go. I don't think Amos plays 60 minutes yesterday if it wasn't assumed Dillon leaves. 
  • MattF said:

Surely clubs not just stumping up whatever and being careful about what they spend should be applauded.
    Theres a difference between clubs spending crazy amounts not spending £1M on a 25 year old goalkeeper woth proven Championship experience lol.
  • To be fair if you were another club you'd assume we were desperate for money so offer a pittance. 

If we reject you'd wait and come back near the end of the next month...
  • Phillips value in use gotta be greater than value we will get for him, keep him for the season and if he’s still wants to move he goes for free.
  • edited August 2020
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-dillon-phillips-wont-be-first-choice-charlton-goalkeeper-as-lee-bowyer-explains-tough-stance/

Tough stance to take but good to see us standing up to the scumbags that are agents (couple of exceptions excluded)