Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Maynard Brewer to start tonight? 
    Probably not, the moment Maynard-Brewer plays he gets classed as another addition to the 23-man squad
    He has played in the first team. 
  • Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Probably not, the moment Maynard-Brewer plays he gets classed as another addition to the 23-man squad
    Cheers didnt realise he played against Swansea in this competition
  • The 16 year old who played in the game cup last year counts as a first team player? 

Every team in the land plays weakened teams in cup competitions. Surely the rule should only apply where players have played in the league

good work as usual by the efl.
  • The 16 year old who played in the game cup last year counts as a first team player? 

Every team in the land plays weakened teams in cup competitions. Surely the rule should only apply where players have played in the league

good work as usual by the efl.
    Yeah unfortunately for Aaron Henry thats exactly the case
  • I think there is another angle on this. It is incredibly unfair of the young players involved turning them into a problem for the club. The EFL should consider this.
    Didn't Bolton refuse to play their youth players when they had been ripped apart and had run out of players ? think it was on the grounds of child protection as some of them were under 18 ? 

Taking that stand makes it a bit more difficult to involve them once the embargo has been lifted. 

• I am thinking more of the mental strain. They are effectively preventing the club strengthening. They shouldn't be used in that way. 
  • Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Think if Dillon is off then AMB needs game time or we sign another keeper. 

I agree if he isn't part of the 23 then he shouldn't play. 
  • edited September 2020
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Think if Dillon is off then AMB needs game time or we sign another keeper. 

I agree if he isn't part of the 23 then he shouldn't play. 
    Even if today is used as a Pre-Season Friendly its the sort of game where Amos or Phillips arent overly needed

Give Ashley some minutes so even if Phillips does stay we can tell whether he needs to go back to Conference or whether he can step up to League Two
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    I thought that there was an agreement that no assets would be sold until the sale had gone through?
  • Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    I thought that there was an agreement that no assets would be sold until the sale had gone through?
    Doubt there's anything that could stop the sale of a player
  • edited September 2020
    If Phillips is still under contract and is willing to give 100% then I would pick him for the first league match. 
  • se9addick said:
    If Phillips is still under contract and is willing to give 100% then I would pick him for the first league match. 
    Yeah I remember us starting Rob Elliot before he got sold to Newcastle, think he played four games that season and did well before moving on and being replaced by Ben Hamer
  • se9addick said:
    Yeah I remember us starting Rob Elliot before he got sold to Newcastle, think he played four games that season and did well before moving on and being replaced by Ben Hamer
    Just seems weird to me that we won’t pick arguably our best player because his contract expires in three transfer windows time and/or another club might make a bid for him that we find acceptable in the meantime. Instead we’re going to run with either a ‘keeper that’s hardly played a match in two years or an Australian child. 
  • MattF said:
    Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Yes there is. He is under contract and it would need the owner or his representative to agree to the sale. If it is a requirement agreed by the parties that no one will be sold then that agreement will not not be given to allow the sale.
  • Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Yes there is. He is under contract and it would need the owner or his representative to agree to the sale. If it is a requirement agreed by the parties that no one will be sold then that agreement will not not be given to allow the sale.
    Where did the agreement not to sell assets come up?
  • se9addick said:
    Bow was unhappy that Solly, Taylor et al wouldn't see out the remaining games of their contract but Dills wants to see out the remainder of his contract but Bow won't pick him. Pick your best team. End of imo.
  • ross1 said:
    It is the fans fault if Phillips goes, I have said before, vote for the least favourite player for the POTY award, because who ever wins it moves on the next season  :)
    I voted for solly because he never played 😬
  • Sponsored links:

• I think there is another angle on this. It is incredibly unfair of the young players involved turning them into a problem for the club. The EFL should consider this.
    Didn't Bolton refuse to play their youth players when they had been ripped apart and had run out of players ? think it was on the grounds of child protection as some of them were under 18 ? 

Taking that stand makes it a bit more difficult to involve them once the embargo has been lifted. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/bolton-wanderers-vs-doncaster-rovers-league-one-postpone-welfare-a9070196.html?amp

Yup, I am quite confident that all the time Elliott doesn't own the club and what players we do have are paid we won't be expelled.  Bolton were in a much worse position than we are now. 

Although that is obviously subject to change. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Just seems weird to me that we won’t pick arguably our best player because his contract expires in three transfer windows time and/or another club might make a bid for him that we find acceptable in the meantime. Instead we’re going to run with either a ‘keeper that’s hardly played a match in two years or an Australian child. 
    Thise Aussie children really are something else. 
  • So I wanted to give a shout out to:

@oohaahmortimer for sending my lad a pair of signed Dillon Phillips gloves and @Tracey for arranging Dillon to send a letter and a signed picture of Dillon with my lad to us recently.

Some pages back on this thread I mentioned that in lockdown (April time) my 7 year old wrote a letter to Dills - we had a battle all through home schooling when it came to getting my boy writing except for this one letter which he himself chose to do!  Dillon is his fav player and during the Hull match last season he chose, as mascot, to be with Dills when he came out of the tunnel.

Anyway, due to Covid, the letter sadly never made it through but when I made a comment on here the Charlton family rallied round and organised these gifts.  My lad got them on Saturday morning just before going to (and winning) his first football tournament so he had a great day and it all now sits pride of place in his room.

As an aside, the kids in the team he plays for are Spurs, Arsenal and Palace fans and you could see the look of jealousy on their faces as he told them what he had received that morning.

So thanks @oohaahmortimer and thanks @Tracey (and Dillon himself of course) for making a 7 year olds weekend.
    love this!
  • I don't think any of us expected to be in this situation with Dills? 

I'm not sure we are secure and strong enough as a club for team's to come back with solid offers. We have a reputation aa a selling club at low prices.
  • LenGlover said:
    Come on Dillon sign up and come back in as number one.
    Let’s hope so. Amos isn’t a patch on Dills.