Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Presumably LB didn't tell Solly and Taylor that he wouldn't pick them because they wouldn't sign a new contract did he? So why is he doing this to Dillon? 

The danger is that we will be cutting off our nose to spite our face. A few clangers from Amos and he either has to bring in a keeper who hasn't played a league game for us or go back with a begging bowl to Dillon - who might then tell him where to stuff it. At which point the world and his mother accuses Dillon of not being loyal.

A contract is a contract. End of. A player is under contract to play football which is why Solly and Taylor were so wrong. But, equally, Dillon should be, at the very least, on the bench and the automatic replacement for Amos as and when he is needed.

• LenGlover said:
    Come on Dillon sign up and come back in as number one.
    Let’s hope so. Amos isn’t a patch on Dills.
    Maybe not but I can see him getting better as the team improves and he gets used to playing regularly again.
  • Dillon signing a new deal and returning to the food would make me happier than any other signing we could reasonably make. 
  • se9addick said:
    Dillon signing a new deal and returning to the food would make me happier than any other signing we could reasonably make. 
    He would have to get passed Perks first 
  • edited September 2020
    se9addick said:
    Dillon signing a new deal and returning to the food would make me happier than any other signing we could reasonably make. 
    Is he on a hunger strike until Bowyer picks him?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    He would have to get passed Perks first 
    se9addick said:
    Is he on a hunger strike until Bowyer picks him?
    Sorry - hangovers seem to increase the propensity of typos! 
  • Phillips need to move on now, clearly not in Bowyers plans given his backing to AMB. Frees up a squad place and wages.

Let's hope his agent hasn't screwed him right up,
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    I'm happy with our strong stance with Phillips and his agent. 

Seeing our celebrations from the Play off final, all you see if Dillon and Lyle looking to hog every video with their singing/dancing/antics. More love for the camera than the club, despite them both declaring the latter. 
    Phillips is a big character in the dressing room.  When Stevenson and Morgan were at Bromley Addicks and were asked whom were the best characters and most helpful to youngsters they said Pratley and Phillips.  It is no surprise that Phillips was singing and dancing and all the fans loved it as did the players.  A club and dressing room need those sorts of characters and personalities.  We have had too many in the past who are decent footballers who go into a shell.

It is completely re-writting history and utterly unfair to claim Phillips was hogging the camera for his love of the camera IMO.

Having said that, I have no issue with Phillips trying to play at the highest level he can and no issue with Bowyers stance.
    Spot on, it was a ridiculous statement
  • So his desire to play in the Championship and earn a tad more exceeds his will to play another season with CAFC. The latter option will be entail good wages, unfortunately in L1, he can improve his skills with our excellent goalkeeping setup, and earn the club a good fee aswell as a salary rise or move for himself next season. 

These traits do not look like those of a Club hero/man/face to me.

• edited October 2020
    se9addick said:
    mendonca said:
    So his desire to play in the Championship and earn a tad more exceeds his will to play another season with CAFC. The latter option will be entail good wages, unfortunately in L1, he can improve his skills with our excellent goalkeeping setup, and earn the club a good fee aswell as a salary rise or move for himself next season. 

These traits do not look like those of a Club hero/man/face to me.

He has a contract, as far as I understand he is willing to honour that contract unless the club accept an offer for him. What he does after that contract expires is entirely up to him, as it should be.

As far as I can see over 50% of the squad are due to be out of contract at the end of this season but for some reason Phillips is being singled out. 
    I thought the reason was he's told us he doesn't want to stay and won't sign a new deal? Bows has made the decision to pick a keeper who wants to be here and I back his decision 100%
  • edited October 2020
    Nice to be able to hear everybody's view in the situation. Am sure many of our fan base know Dills personally.

It's short career that ironically is going to be made a year shorter, without him being part of a match day squad for a potential season, by the looks of it.
  • Feels a bit like Bowyer cutting off our noses to spite Dillon's face
  • Nadou said:
    Feels a bit like Bowyer cutting off our noses to spite Dillon's face
    Not really if Amos and M-B are seen as good enough. No idea Dillon's salary, but it will be more available towards other players. 
  • Dillon's ok but he has made a number of mistakes at very important times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Nadou said:
    Not really if Amos and M-B are seen as good enough. No idea Dillon's salary, but it will be more available towards other players. 

Only if we can sell him. If not, he becomes a "white elephant" and puts no pressure on the other keepers by virtue of the stance adapted by LB.

One of the things that LB has made a point about is that Phillips could end up becoming forgotten about. I wonder if LB had played him and put him in the shop window, in the same way he did with Bonne, has achieved that to a degree and whether a bid might have been forthcoming by now had he been seen.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Nadou said:

Only if we can sell him. If not, he becomes a "white elephant" and puts no pressure on the other keepers by virtue of the stance adapted by LB.

One of the things that LB has made a point about is that Phillips could end up becoming forgotten about. I wonder if LB had played him and put him in the shop window, in the same way he did with Bonne, has achieved that to a degree and whether a bid might have been forthcoming by now had he been seen.
    Very much a need to pay off his contract should that happen. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nadou said:

You would think so but, in doing so, will that count towards the cap anyway?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nadou said:

You would think so but, in doing so, will that count towards the cap anyway?
    Well he wouldn't be our player anymore... So assume not but it is an assumption. 
  • Dillon's ok but he has made a number of mistakes at very important times.
    Certainly an exaggeration.
  • I think Philips situation has been mishandled. Come next summer we'll be without Amos and Philips most likely 
  • I think Philips situation has been mishandled. Come next summer we'll be without Amos and Philips most likely 
    Why wont we have Amos?
    Why wont we have Amos?
    His contract ends next summer, so as it stands, he is leaving next summer.  Should probably say 'potentially' without Amos and Philips. 
  • BalladMan said:
    I think Philips situation has been mishandled. Come next summer we'll be without Amos and Philips most likely 
    Why wont we have Amos?
    His contract ends next summer, so as it stands, he is leaving next summer.  Should probably say 'potentially' without Amos and Philips. 
    I'd be surprised if we didnt try to negotiate a new deal with him once we're out of the transfer windows