Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• The next one we’ve booked is Queen at the o2 in June. Will be very surprised if it goes ahead.
  • Wilma said:
    Was due to see Ash at the Roundhouse next week and really gutted it's been postponed. Instead I'm planning to get drunk, dance around the living room and sing really loudly! 
    Girl from SARS would be totally inappropriate 
  • I came across a young fella called James Dixon last year. Very talented, mostly does his own stuff, but chucks in a few well worked covers too.

He was signed up to support Seasick Steve for a spring European tour, but his big moment has fallen victim to Covid-19. If you are ever down Bude way, look out for his name. 

https://www.facebook.com/jamesdixonmusic/
  • Just watching a life FB performance by Frank Turner. Basically doing a full set from his solo shows from his house. including support from Jess guise and Micah schnabel. Streaming it through my tv. It is pretty good.
  • Slowthai performing at Camden Underworld in September, not sure how easy to get tickets though. If you buy his CD for a tenner, you get early access to tickets but no guarantee. Despite not having a CD player anymore, have happily done similar in the past, but they were CD and ticket guaranteed. In this case, I suspect will sell out v quickly, so I suspect a lot of people will be left with just an unopened CD to file in the wicker basket. Anyone know if any other "early access" tickets available?
  • Salad said:
    Slowthai performing at Camden Underworld in September, not sure how easy to get tickets though. If you buy his CD for a tenner, you get early access to tickets but no guarantee. Despite not having a CD player anymore, have happily done similar in the past, but they were CD and ticket guaranteed. In this case, I suspect will sell out v quickly, so I suspect a lot of people will be left with just an unopened CD to file in the wicker basket. Anyone know if any other "early access" tickets available?
    Don’t really know his stuff, but he played Lovebox a couple of summers ago, and I could hear him from my house, only musician all weekend could hear. Certainly sounds like he gives 110% for live sets. 
  • Theatre of Hate December 2020 rearranged for April 2021.
    Theatre of Hate April 2021 rearranged for December 2021.
    Killers June 2021 The Emirates - is it gonna happen? I'm thinking no.
    I haven't booked anything since last March. 
  • Theatre of Hate is an interesting one - do they do mainly Westworld stuff ?
  • Salad said:
    Theatre of Hate is an interesting one - do they do mainly Westworld stuff ?
    I've not seen them for 39 years :smile:
    I saw Spear of Destiny last year & Kirk Brandon flits between the two & performing solo.
    His voice is still excellent, well worth seeing especially @£16.
  • The next one we’ve booked is Queen at the o2 in June. Will be very surprised if it goes ahead.
    Was postponed to June this year but has been put back another year to next June now. Pray to god we'll be able to go to gigs next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Killers June 2021 The Emirates - is it gonna happen? I'm thinking no.

I also have tickets for The Killers, I'm not convinced it will go ahead. 

Also waiting for another Ash rearrangement. Was March 2020, then September 2020, then March 2021. Still waiting to hear another date for that. 

• Rearranged dates for Weller’s gigs are meant to be in July.  15th at Brixton Academy and 16th & 17th at Kentish Town.  Can’t see them happening either. 
  • Got tickets for The Specials in September. Not overly confident about that going ahead either.
  • got tickets for load of rescheduled gigs, including two now on the same day, hoping at least on of those gets bumped!
  • Salad said:
    got tickets for load of rescheduled gigs, including two now on the same day, hoping at least on of those gets bumped!
    Yes, that's happened to me too. Of all the days they could have picked! However, they are rearranged for June, so I'm fairly sure they will both get shifted.
  • I Have tickets for Blancmange , OMD, Sparks , all rolled over from last year ........... im not holding my breath .
  • fadgadget said:
    I Have tickets for Blancmange , OMD, Sparks , all rolled over from 1982 ........... im not holding my breath .

• fadgadget said:
    I Have tickets for Blancmange , OMD, Sparks , all rolled over from 1982 ........... im not holding my breath .

I quite like 83 as well . But 84 now your talking .
  • Wilma said:

Killers June 2021 The Emirates - is it gonna happen? I'm thinking no.

I also have tickets for The Killers, I'm not convinced it will go ahead. 

Also waiting for another Ash rearrangement. Was March 2020, then September 2020, then March 2021. Still waiting to hear another date for that. 

Ash now re-re-re-scheduled for end of September 2021, third time lucky hopefully! 
  • Croydon said:
    Got tickets for The Specials in September. Not overly confident about that going ahead either.
    Slightly more confident of this now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t remember what the original date was, I had.
  • I was Sat 6th 2020, Sat 5th 2021 & now Sat 4th 2022.
    Don't book anything for Sat 3rd 2023.
    Just had an email, same date as you.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Rearranged dates for Weller’s gigs are meant to be in July.  15th at Brixton Academy and 16th & 17th at Kentish Town.  Can’t see them happening either. 
    Now rescheduled for 22nd-24th April 2022.  Half the tour is still in for November/December this year, but all dates are sold out.  I'm just not confident that venues are going to be allowed full capacity for a while yet, so can see those moving as well. 
  • The Libertines @ Rochester Castle, first week of July. Should be good to go on.
  • Went to my first gig since Feb 2020 last night, Chris Pope from The Chords and The Purple Hearts at a club in Colchester. Was a last minute decision and glad we did as it was a great gig and so nice to see live music again.
  • Went to my first gig since Feb 2020 last night, Chris Pope from The Chords and The Purple Hearts at a club in Colchester. Was a last minute decision and glad we did as it was a great gig and so nice to see live music again.
    Used to love the Chords. 
    Used to love the Chords. 
    My favourite Mod revival band. They’re both playing at the 100 Club along with Squire in October.