Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Sam Fender at the Ally Pally tonight, postponed from when Covid kicked off. Not been to the venue before, seems a bit of a ball-ache. Any suggestions in that respect re travel /food and drink?
    Is a ballache, i've seen both Gerry Cinnamon and Vampire Weekend there recently.

Got an uber cab to and from. Sign up to Bolt, they currently have a 40% discount.
    Really unhelpful, l know.

Use the bar at the back of the venue for drinks. You'll get served so much faster than using tthe ones in the 'market place' bit.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dear local/gig music people. I want to take a friend and her son to a SE London pub to watch some live music. I used to go to the New Cross in, what other alternative music venues would people recommend?
    The Pelton Arms in Greenwich.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dear local/gig music people. I want to take a friend and her son to a SE London pub to watch some live music. I used to go to the New Cross in, what other alternative music venues would people recommend?
    Pelton Arms Greenwich. Fantastic place, Dennis Greaves does an open mic blues night on the last Sunday in the month. Am going next week. 
  • Options
    I'm off to see Secret Affair at the Concord 2 in Brighton next Friday. Booked the day off and treated ourselves to a night in The Grand Hotel afterwards.
    What a cracking gig, couldn’t believe how good they were.

• Options
    My band, The Measure, are playing at The Old Mill, Plumstead tonight.
    Two of the band are Addicks. The rest……who cares!
    Come along for a pre Xmas shindig.
    Amps on at 8pm. 
  • Options
    After a run of postponed gigs, finally got one tonight - Evanescence, Halestorm and Lilith Czar. Loud  guitars, flashing lights, several beers. I’ve missed this. Excellent night. 
  • Options
    Seen Porridge Radio in Hastings. Overwhelmingly talented band. 
  • Options
    Went to see Hawkwind 2 weeks ago at the Palladium. Seen em about 30 times over the years and I have to say it was the worst I’ve seen them. Still love em but when you know a band so well you get over critical at times. I don’t really like the Palladium as a venue either. 

Can’t wait for Spiritualized at the Roundhouse next year. 
    I've been told that this was the last time Lemmy appeared on stage with Hawkwind. https://youtu.be/QcIlC0eMHco
  • Options
    Went to see Hawkwind 2 weeks ago at the Palladium. Seen em about 30 times over the years and I have to say it was the worst I’ve seen them. Still love em but when you know a band so well you get over critical at times. I don’t really like the Palladium as a venue either. 

Can’t wait for Spiritualized at the Roundhouse next year. 
    I've been told that this was the last time Lemmy appeared on stage with Hawkwind. https://youtu.be/QcIlC0eMHco
    Showing my age.....
  • Options
    The Chords UK at The 100 Club tonight, fantastic gig.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen Porridge Radio in Hastings. Overwhelmingly talented band. 
    Cracking band.  Had tickets to see them in November but it was on the same night as Amyl and the Sniffers. Looking forward to hearing new stuff from them. 
  • Options
    I’ve missed live music a lot but what a fabulous week.

Last Saturday (Folkestone): British Sea Power (now Sea Power) - always good live
    Thursday (O2 Shepherd’s Bush): Big Thief - first time I’ve seen them but outstanding
    Saturday (Bexhill): Wolf Alice - fourth or fifth time I’ve seen them and by far their best performance thanks to a strong new album.

• Options
    Off to see the Quo at Sarrrrfend Tuesday - I know its really just Francis Rossi now but still always a great night out.
  • Options
    Beth Hart tonight in Boston. After a couple of dodgy Zep covers she was in excellent form. 

Next up, Spiritbox on Monday. Looking forward to that.  
  • Options
    Saw Snow Patrol Acoustic Tour in Boston March 1st…. Great show
  • Options
    Wolf Alice at the De La Warr Pavilion on Saturday. Support act was good which is always a plus. Alice themselves very impressive although the bass player seemed a bit of a dick. 
  • Options
    I'm off to see Secret Affair at the Concord 2 in Brighton next Friday. Booked the day off and treated ourselves to a night in The Grand Hotel afterwards.

@davemehmet have you got the Mods Mayday album?
  • Options
    I’ve missed live music a lot but what a fabulous week.

Last Saturday (Folkestone): British Sea Power (now Sea Power) - always good live
    Thursday (O2 Shepherd’s Bush): Big Thief - first time I’ve seen them but outstanding
    Saturday (Bexhill): Wolf Alice - fourth or fifth time I’ve seen them and by far their best performance thanks to a strong new album.

Looks like you were just along from me. I agree, the new album is great. Heavily influenced by the producer, I’d say. Definite overtones of Arcade Fire in a couple of the new tracks. 
  • Options
    Saw Quo again Tuesday  - as good as ever and so nice to get to Gigs again! 
  • Options

I did have it but it went when I sold all my old vinyl unfortunately. Still gutted I sold it all (apart from a few select albums).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chvrches at Brixton brilliant. 
    Robert Smith turned up for a couple of tracks. Double briliant. 
    Gootta be up 6.30,going to Cheltenham, not so brilliant. 

• Options
    We're seeing Killing Joke at Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday.
  • Options

Was that recorded at the Bridge House somewhere in Essex?
  • Options

Yes mate, although it was in East London rather than Essex.
  • Options

I did have that album but stupidly sold it along with a few others as I couldn't afford my car tax (would of been around 83-84) regretted it ever since, a really dumb thing to have done....still we were all young once, BTW saw Secret Affair down here (White Rock theatre) 2018....very good they were too....supporting From The Jam.
  • Options
    Got tickets for Sparks and Roxy Music . Both on my bucket list. (oh and Quo at Wembley Xmas with .... Shaky lol)
  • Options
    Got tickets for Sparks and Roxy Music . Both on my bucket list. (oh and Quo at Wembley Xmas with .... Shaky lol)
    We've got tickets for Roxy Music at the O2 Friday 14th October.
  • Options
    We've got tickets for Roxy Music at the O2 Friday 14th October.
    me too - loved Roxy when I was young and my Wife adores BF
  • Options

I did have that album but stupidly sold it along with a few others as I couldn't afford my car tax (would of been around 83-84) regretted it ever since, a really dumb thing to have done....still we were all young once, BTW saw Secret Affair down here (White Rock theatre) 2018....very good they were too....supporting From The Jam.
    Can't imagine it would cost that much to replace the Mods Mayday album.
  • Options

Can't imagine it would cost that much to replace the Mods Mayday album.
    About £20 on Discogs