Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Queen at the o2 tonight, my daughter's first proper concert. Rescheduled from 2020 so have been waiting a while for this.
  • Options
    Queen at the o2 tonight, my daughter's first proper concert. Rescheduled from 2020 so have been waiting a while for this.
    What a fantastic night. My daughter absolutely loved it, was transfixed from the 1st note. Not quite the same band I saw 36 years ago at Knebworth but they put on one hell of a show.
  • Options
    Saw Hollow Coves at the Electric Brixton tonight. 2 years postponed and absolutely brilliant to finally see them. Lead singer stopped the band mid song and called out for help coz he saw a lady feint in the crowd, made sure she was ok and restarted the song from the start again. Loved hearing where the inspiration for some of their songs came from too!! 
  • Options
    Isle of Wight Festival starts tonight at 7pm - 1am on Sky Arts, it's also on Saturday & Sunday.
  • Options
    What a fantastic night. My daughter absolutely loved it, was transfixed from the 1st note. Not quite the same band I saw 36 years ago at Knebworth but they put on one hell of a show.
    I think Adam Lambert is a quite brilliant vocalist and I dont like the criticism he gets (and comparisons to Mercury). Adam isnt Freddie and quite frankly nobody would ever be. But if you park the comparisons aside, he has a mindblowing range that probably blows 99.5% of singers in history out the water.
  • Options
    Anyone know this guy? 
  • Options

Elvia Costello at Hammersmith Odeon last night. He was too far away to get a decent picture so here’s one of the rather good job they’ve done renovating the place. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Saw Fairport Convention in Nantwich last night. I've been a massive life-long fan and my wife sat through it for over two hours just to humour me (not her cup of tea) - bless her.

Just a small venue - maybe 200-250 and they were absolutely sensational. Musicianship really doesn't come much better than that. 
    Have they still got Richard Thompson?  Saw him at Glastonbury about 30years ago. Superb guitarist. 
  • Options
    I’m off to a Mod alldayer in Colchester next weekend. Purple Hearts are headlining with support from Chris Pope (The Chords), Small World plus others and DJ’s. 

Hotel booked 5 minutes from the venue so only a short stagger afterwards.
  • Options
    Heading up to town to see the Dandy Warhols at the Roundhouse with my daughter.
    Will be sporting my new "distressed" denim jacket, which I have adorned with some retro 70's pin badges, tie die T shirt and my newly acquired walking stick. (Boy will I look a twat.)
    Always great to spend quality time with my baby girl (now 31, yikes)
    and we usually manage to find some musical middle ground between my musical tastes (predominantly 60s and 70s) and hers (mainly 90s/ metal).
    Hope to take in a few sights and a meal/drink or two by the river or maybe by Regents canal.
    Can't wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be sporting my new "distressed" denim jacket, which I have adorned with some retro 70's pin badges, tie die T shirt and my newly acquired walking stick. (Boy will I look a twat.)
    and we usually manage to find some musical middle ground between my musical tastes (predominantly 60s and 70s) and hers (mainly 90s/ metal).
    Hope to take in a few sights and a meal/drink or two by the river or maybe by Regents canal.
    Can't wait.
    Enjoy. How are you getting there and back?
  • Options
    I’m off to a Mod alldayer in Colchester next weekend. Purple Hearts are headlining with support from Chris Pope (The Chords), Small World plus others and DJ’s. 

Is that a 5 min stagger or a 5 min walk?
  • Options
    The 100 Club Oxford street on Friday 24th June…. Jazz Funk (Brit) Legends ATMOSFEAR. 

Not that crowded, but was a great evening, really tight band playing a great set.
  • Options
    Can't wait.
    Enjoy. How are you getting there and back?
    There and back by National Express coach from Bournemouth.
    Was a long day, didn't get home until 3.30am!
    But it was an awesome day and a great gig.
    Visited my old stamping grounds around Temple, Royal Courts of Justice, Somerset House, had a meal in the Knights Templar in Chancery Lane.
    Lovely stroll in the sunshine through Covent Garden up to Leicester Square. Tube to Chalk Farm.
    Then a walk up Primrose Hill to admire the view in the sunshine.
    Finally back along Regents Canal and pre-gig drinks in the Ice Wharf.
    Never been to Camden before (only as far as London Zoo), but it was rammed, but bustling and vibrant. Great atmosphere.
    Thought the Roundhouse was a great venue, roomy but intimate at the same time.
    Great show by the Dandys.
    Like RHCP in the other thread, they didn't do an encore and finished "early".
    Guess they were thinking of the "rail" passengers and getting home.
    The band invited the audience to a post gig party at Dingwalls, for autographs and selfies.
    Wish I could have gone to that.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Saw Eagles last night at Hyde Park - absolutely brilliant.

Looking forward the the Stones next week with Sam Fender as support act.
  • Options
    Off to see Rival Sons at the Forum next week - best live band I've seen in recent years.
  • Options
    Caught Madness at Pedralbes Gardens in Barcelona last week. Great show, and they did a stylish job of getting the party rocking. A bit older than the last time I saw them at Madstock in "92, but any concert with Baggy Trousers and Night Boat to Cairo is cool by me.

I remember those “last ever” gigs at Finsbury Park so well 😉

So glad it turned out that they weren’t the end. Have had loads of great nights since watching The Nutty Boys 🕴🏻🚨
  • Options
    it won't exactly be rocking but I'm looking forward to a Roger Eno gig as part of the Llangollen fringe in July
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 100 Club Oxford street on Friday 24th June…. Jazz Funk (Brit) Legends ATMOSFEAR. 

Not that crowded, but was a great evening, really tight band playing a great set.
    Dancing in outer space?

bloody hell. Blast from the past
  • Options

Cracking day, Purple Hearts were superb.

• Options
    Guns N Roses at the Tottenham stadium this evening. Was good fun, even if Axl's voice was in a spot of bother, played most the the hits that he could handle!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Guns N Roses at the Tottenham stadium this evening. Was good fun, even if Axl's voice was in a spot of bother, played most the the hits that he could handle!
    Did they turn up on time?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I was there and it was one of the worst gigs I've ever been to. Not that they were terrible just the sound was so bad. 
  • Options
    The sound often varies a lot depending where you are standing/sitting.
  • Options
    The sound often varies a lot depending where you are standing/sitting.
    This is true but I was quite close to the stage and in line with a speaker stack. Seems a lot of people are complaining of the same on twitter.
  • Options
    I was right by the side of the stage fairly high up, and the sound was fine (except for roses creaking vocals). Think they cut it short by a bit due to this. Certainly far from the worst I'd been to
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    McBobbin said:
    Did they turn up on time?
    No. Though i don't think anyone expected them to
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    McBobbin said:
    I was there and it was one of the worst gigs I've ever been to. Not that they were terrible just the sound was so bad. 
    They were a shadow of the GnR that played at the Olympic Stadium back in 2017.

Watched them from the Golden Circle then.  Watched them from the upper tier at WHL as I'd brought the wife.

The sound was bloody awful.  The acoustics are great for a football stadium but jeez, not good for a rock concert.