Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Got tickets for Sparks and Roxy Music . Both on my bucket list. (oh and Quo at Wembley Xmas with .... Shaky lol)
    Im Doing Sparks this month , your in for a treat , a good night Guaranteed . 
  • Options
    I'm off to see Secret Affair at the Concord 2 in Brighton next Friday. Booked the day off and treated ourselves to a night in The Grand Hotel afterwards.
    What a cracking gig, couldn’t believe how good they were.

@davemehmet have you got the Mods Mayday album?
    Was that recorded at the Bridge House somewhere in Essex?
    Yes mate, although it was in East London rather than Essex.
    I did have that album but stupidly sold it along with a few others as I couldn't afford my car tax (would of been around 83-84) regretted it ever since, a really dumb thing to have done....still we were all young once, BTW saw Secret Affair down here (White Rock theatre) 2018....very good they were too....supporting From The Jam.
    Can't imagine it would cost that much to replace the Mods Mayday album.
    About £20 on Discogs
    I have so much old vinyl - wonder if any is worth anything?

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Went to see Hawkwind 2 weeks ago at the Palladium. Seen em about 30 times over the years and I have to say it was the worst I’ve seen them. Still love em but when you know a band so well you get over critical at times. I don’t really like the Palladium as a venue either. 

Can’t wait for Spiritualized at the Roundhouse next year. 
    I've been told that this was the last time Lemmy appeared on stage with Hawkwind. https://youtu.be/QcIlC0eMHco
    It wasn’t ate. That looks quite old. He came on at various times over the years. Especially Reading 85; 2 or 3 of the all nighters in the Academy in the late 80s early nineties. And I a sure he was there on Notting Hill for the 40th anniversary about 11 years ago.  He would mainly wobble on for Silver Machine, but I am sure I am sure they did Lost Johnny once with him.

my god I love Hawkwind.

• Options
    I'm off to see Secret Affair at the Concord 2 in Brighton next Friday. Booked the day off and treated ourselves to a night in The Grand Hotel afterwards.
    What a cracking gig, couldn’t believe how good they were.

@davemehmet have you got the Mods Mayday album?
    Was that recorded at the Bridge House somewhere in Essex?
    Yes mate, although it was in East London rather than Essex.
    I did have that album but stupidly sold it along with a few others as I couldn't afford my car tax (would of been around 83-84) regretted it ever since, a really dumb thing to have done....still we were all young once, BTW saw Secret Affair down here (White Rock theatre) 2018....very good they were too....supporting From The Jam.
    Can't imagine it would cost that much to replace the Mods Mayday album.
    About £20 on Discogs
    I have so much old vinyl - wonder if any is worth anything?

Some can be quite valuable now, been a vinyl revival recently.

Wish I’d been a bit more careful when I sold all mine and kept some more back. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    https://youtu.be/-zMvnwNo6OE

Found this today

https://youtu.be/H9ZJ0JYI1RQ

My favourite mod revival band
  • Options
    My tennis club (next to Welling football ground) have a really good glam rock band playing on St George's day. If you can spare a tenner for admission then the subsidised bar is a major plus. 

Songs played include Tiger Feet, Blockbuster and Ballroom Blitz. 
    Cheers all, would love to meet fellow lifers as I endeavour to raise money for the installation of floodlights for our tennis courts. 
  • Options
    My first gig in over 2 years next week. Psychedelic Furs & Wasted Youth at the Junction in Cambridge. Very excited about this!
  • Options
    Killing Joke at Hammersmith Apollo last night.
    Jaz is like a screaming Michael Myers from Halloween.
    I'm not the greatest fan, but it's a night out.

A pint of Bud Light in Weatherspoons £2.59.
    A pint of Peroni in the Apollo £7.60, included a non refundable £1 deposit for the plastic cup, which you didn't pay on subsequent visits if you returned your cup.

• Options
    A great night at a packed Hackney Empire to see Robert Plant & Suzi Dian. 

• Options
    Going to see Jeff beck next month, with Andrea Corr as support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I was at the Jazz Cafe twice this week. Monday to see Brian Jackson (Gil Scott-Heron's long-time collaborator), because my drum teacher, Paul Jones, was his drummer, which meant I was on the guest list. Hugely enjoyable. Jackson and the band were great and Paul is a MONSTER player. Then yesterday, I saw Monophonics, a funk/soul band from the States. I've always been a big fan of their singer and keyboard player, Kelly Finnigan, for his authentic soul vocal. But nothing could prepare me for the live experience. WHAT a voice he has.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Above is from his first solo album. He's also playing drums, xylophone, organ, guitar and bass on this track.

• Options
    My tennis club (next to Welling football ground) have a really good glam rock band playing on St George's day. If you can spare a tenner for admission then the subsidised bar is a major plus. 

Songs played include Tiger Feet, Blockbuster and Ballroom Blitz. 
    Cheers all, would love to meet fellow lifers as I endeavour to raise money for the installation of floodlights for our tennis courts. 
    Bump
  • Options
    I saw Sea Power (formerly British Sea Power) for the umpteenth time at the Chalk Farm Roundhouse last night. As usual, they delivered a first class performance 
  • Options
    A long shot, I was going to see Sparks at the roundhouse Sunday 17th , but I've caught COVID , would anyone be interested in purchasing the ticket, 
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    A long shot, I was going to see Sparks at the roundhouse Sunday 17th , but I've caught COVID , would anyone be interested in purchasing the ticket, 
    Ticketmaster will refund you if you prove you had Covid (well did a few weeks back if you bought from them). 
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Ticketmaster will refund you if you prove you had Covid (well did a few weeks back if you bought from them). 
    Cheers , will look into that
  • Options
    They refunded my Kooks ticket on the day of the storm. But if no longer available try selling them today on the Ticketmaster exchange (selling to another fan). 
  • Options
    Coachella livestreams are available on youtube. 

Arcade Fire are back and sound fantastic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Theatre of Hate, New Cross Inn. 
    Brilliant. 
  • Options

Paul Weller at Kentish Town on Friday night. Full 2 hour set, having released two albums in lockdown, with a good few Style Council & The Jam songs as well. Loved it!
  • Options
    Saw Sparks at the Roundhouse last night. Not my favourite venue for sound , and my Missus is only 4' 11' and can't see past the people in front. What a voice though - still amazing. Only gripe on set list is they didn't do "Amateur Hour."  When "This Town .." came on I was transported back to my bedroom in 1974 in sunny Woolwich blasting it out on my record deck and annoying the whole neighbourhood lol. The Brothers still have it.
    Was supposed to have been at that gig
    I think it was rescheduled twice due to Covid and by the time the revised date came around my son had announced his engagement and the party clashed with Sparks.
    My mate who went was raving about it.
    Will deffo catch up with them at some point.
    (Loved Hippopotamus, but haven't heard the more recent album)
  • Options
    Saw Sparks at the Roundhouse last night. Not my favourite venue for sound , and my Missus is only 4' 11' and can't see past the people in front. What a voice though - still amazing. Only gripe on set list is they didn't do "Amateur Hour."  When "This Town .." came on I was transported back to my bedroom in 1974 in sunny Woolwich blasting it out on my record deck and annoying the whole neighbourhood lol. The Brothers still have it.
    Was supposed to have been at that gig
    I think it was rescheduled twice due to Covid and by the time the revised date came around my son had announced his engagement and the party clashed with Sparks.
    My mate who went was raving about it.
    Will deffo catch up with them at some point.
    (Loved Hippopotamus, but haven't heard the more recent album)
    Same here , waited 2 years then caught COVID a few days before , 
    Off to see Numan in a couple of weeks to make up for missing this .
  • Options
    Was supposed to be going to the Mods Mayday gig in Hackney on Sunday but the guy I was going with is now doing an aid run to Ukraine. Shame, The Chords, Secret Affair, The Truth and Kenney Jones (small faces, the who) are playing 
  • Options
    Was supposed to be going to the Mods Mayday gig in Hackney on Sunday but the guy I was going with is now doing an aid run to Ukraine. Shame, The Chords, Secret Affair, The Truth and Kenney Jones (small faces, the who) are playing 
    You could always go on your own and meet someone nice while you are there?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    You could always go on your own and meet someone nice while you are there?
    Am tempted to go but it’s a long day to be Billy no mates!
  • Options
    Just booked tickets for The Selecter in Brighton, Friday 29th July. Staying the night then going to The Jam exhibition (This is The Modern World) on Saturday morning.
  • Options
    Just booked tickets for The Selecter in Brighton, Friday 29th July. Staying the night then going to The Jam exhibition (This is The Modern World) on Saturday morning.
    Not gig related, apart from the many he describes going to, but I’ve just read Ian Stone’s book “To be someone”. Great read for any Jam or music fans who grew up around that time.