Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options

Guns n Roses fans grew frustrated and bored at North London's Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday night (July 2) as the legendary rock band were more than 90 minutes late in coming out on stage. Music fans were left frustrated yesterday (Friday July 1) as they remained stuck outside the venue in the hour before the band took the stage, despite doors on the concert being scheduled to open hours before.

Things got off to a better start with fans being able to get into the stadium on time on Saturday - however the band were nearly two hours late, despite citing a 6.45pm start time, and people got frustrated. Multiple tweets can be seen where people are asking where the band is, with some saying they could miss transport connections home. Paula Aspery wrote: "Been massive fan for over 30 years…paid a lot of money to see you guys…feel like the p*** has been royally taken. An hour and 20 mins late on stage…no word, no announcement, nothing."

Once the band made it on stage, fans also complained that the sound wasn't up to scratch. Many took to social media to ask the band to turn up the mics. "Why can't we hear them?" asked fans. However many forgave them for the delay after what was widely agreed as a brilliant performance.

• Options
    Some interesting views. Axl explained he had lost his voice so they were chopping the songs around a bit. Could have postponed again I suppose? Anyway, I'm not a particularly big GnR fan, so had nothing to compare it with. I had fun. First time in WHL, so good to see that, and we were in the prawn sandwiches seats so had own suite (shared), bar, and bogs. Drinks weren't as outrageous as I was expecting. Probably the least rock and roll experience ever but I'm not exactly rock and roll

Thought that Carrie Underwood (never heard of her) was fantastic in the encore
  • Options
    Went to Elton John at Vicarage Road last night. Cracking gig - great atmosphere with it being 90% Watford fans. Superb sound and he was on top form
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    McBobbin said:
    Guns N Roses at the Tottenham stadium this evening. Was good fun, even if Axl's voice was in a spot of bother, played most the the hits that he could handle!
    Friday night Axl's voice was probably OK but the sound of everything else was atrocious. The worst live sound I've experienced in 5 decades attending gigs.  Axl stopped things twice in response to comments he was getting from bods down the front.  That resulted in Slash's guitar getting much louder but nothing else improved.
    Stadium opened over an hour late - no communication, no explanations.
    First support, Michael Monroe, was cut with no announcement.
    Second support, Gary Clark Jnr, was appreciably louder than G'n'R, his sound wasn't great but much less bad than G'n'R's
    G'n'R started an hour later than advertised.
    Bars advertised closing time of 10:30pm all were shut by 9:30pm
    G'n'R did nearly 2 hours up to the encore -  we bailed then in favour of dodging the queues for public transport, there was no point sticking around to hear something like Paradise City.
    First time I've left a gig early just to make the journey home easier.
    £145 tickets and many people paid an awful lot more than that for a total effing shambles
    Anybody else been to spurs new gaff for a gig?  Is it an echo chamber or was G'n'R sound uniquely terrible? 
  • Options
    Imagine going to a Guns n Roses gig and not expecting them to be hours late. 

It's a tradition for them at this point. I remember seeing them at Reading Festival way back when and they were 90 minutes late and awful. 
  • Options
    An old mate did a tour with them ages ago, some good stories. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    McBobbin said:
    Guns N Roses at the Tottenham stadium this evening. Was good fun, even if Axl's voice was in a spot of bother, played most the the hits that he could handle!
    Friday night Axl's voice was probably OK but the sound of everything else was atrocious. The worst live sound I've experienced in 5 decades attending gigs.  Axl stopped things twice in response to comments he was getting from bods down the front.  That resulted in Slash's guitar getting much louder but nothing else improved.
    Stadium opened over an hour late - no communication, no explanations.
    First support, Michael Monroe, was cut with no announcement.
    Second support, Gary Clark Jnr, was appreciably louder than G'n'R, his sound wasn't great but much less bad than G'n'R's
    G'n'R started an hour later than advertised.
    Bars advertised closing time of 10:30pm all were shut by 9:30pm
    G'n'R did nearly 2 hours up to the encore -  we bailed then in favour of dodging the queues for public transport, there was no point sticking around to hear something like Paradise City.
    First time I've left a gig early just to make the journey home easier.
    £145 tickets and many people paid an awful lot more than that for a total effing shambles
    Anybody else been to spurs new gaff for a gig?  Is it an echo chamber or was G'n'R sound uniquely terrible? 
    Sounds like I was the only person to enjoy it! 

Think it was the first gig there, so need to sort the sound and logistics out. Remember seeing rolling stones in the Olympic stadium, part of a two day set, and the sound was apparently crap on the first day, but better when we were there day 2. Maybe the moral is to not go to a stadium for their first gig!
  • Options
    Saw Rival Sons at the Forum tonight - good atmosphere and sound. Impressed by the support act Dirty Honey.

• Options
    Roger Daltrey at The Palladium tonight, can’t wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another fabulous show from RD tonight, his voice is as strong as I’ve ever heard it live. Bumped into @Solidgone at the end of the night, sounds like he made good use of the bar in the lounge his mates had booked for his birthday!

• Options
    Daltrey’s singing was excellent and very impressed with the band. A great show! I was treated to the Exclusive lounge where the champagne flowed and flowed. It was great to bump into @Davemehmet but a shame we couldn’t meet up beforehand for a beer. 

• Options
    Anyone at Pearl Jam in Hyde Park last Fri or Saturday?

Was there for the Saturday gig - weather was brilliant, Johnny Marr was a cracking support and Pearl Jam played an absolutely blinding set too.
  • Options
    Went and saw The Human League in Southend on Saturday. They were superb, but the support wasn't up to much. The Rochester date had Blancmange and Altered Image as the support acts, whilst Southend got DJ sets from Martin Kemp and Rusty Egan and the only support band was China Crisis (who!?! even after having now seen them live I would still ask the same question, their biggest "hit" got to number 9 in the early 80s, they had a grand total of 3 visits to the top 20)

Still, worth the entrance fee alone for Human League, great live show and Phil's voice hasn't changed one bit since 1982 (40th anniversary of their album Dare this year)
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Sam fender Friday (not with kids), George Ezra Sunday (with kids). Quite well run sites (despite what was noted at wireless the weekend before) and decent sound. Fender was much better than I had seen on TV (engaging with the crowd more). Ezra writes good pop songs and is engaging (if repetitive in his stories and on stage patter). Would go again. 
  • Options
    Saw Kokomo at the Half Moon, Putney, a few weeks back. That’s the third time I’ve seen them there. Excellent night. Tony O’Malley, Frank Collins, Mel Collins (Ex King Crimson etc), Jim Mullen all still playing with the band. 
  • Options
    Halestorm, Pretty Reckless and Lilith Czar at one of my favorite summer venues, a large permanent tent like structure right on the Boston waterfront. It’s about 33c, but as we’re on the ocean there’s a nice breeze. 
  • Options
    Seeing The Selecter on Friday night in Brighton. Got tickets for The Modern World exhibition of Jam & Style Council memorabilia on Saturday morning, 
  • Options
    DMA’s at Winter Gardens a couple of weeks back as a birthday present. Really enjoyed the gig and intimate venue. Real feel-good night with the wife.
  • Options
    Seeing The Selecter on Friday night in Brighton. Got tickets for The Modern World exhibition of Jam & Style Council memorabilia on Saturday morning, 
    Didn’t know about The Jam exhibition. I’ve just booked for next weekend. Thanks for the info.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Met Pauline Black and Gaps Hendrickson  before the gig 

• Options
    Fantastic gig, first time I’ve seen them live.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I took the wife to see Abba Voyage tonight. I'm not a fan, but appreciate their talent & quite like them on the radio. I wouldn't recommend a load of blokes going, but if you're going in a group including females or taking your better half I thoroughly recommend. A unique & unforgettable night. 9/10.
  • Options
    One of the members (Sam) of the band Dutch Criminal Record is a lifelong Charlton fan who always goes to The Valley, they headline a 500 capacity venue in Camden, London (PowerHaus formerly known as Dingwalls) in March. They’re really good. I highly recommend you guys check them out and get a ticket to support one of our own.
  • Options
    First time in three years - The Joy Formidable back in Boston tonight. Magic show. I’ve missed these guys. Ritzy and Rhydian doing their thing

• Options
    First time in three years - The Joy Formidable back in Boston tonight. Magic show. I’ve missed these guys. Ritzy and Rhydian doing their thing

One of my favourite bands. Going to have to wait until 2023, it seems, to see them on this side of the pond.
  • Options
    Went to The Damned reunion gig at Hammersmith on Friday. Not great as the sound was poor, the band showed little on stage charisma, and the set list wasn't the best. Wouldn't be surprised if guitarist, Brian James, doesn't make it to the end of the tour.
    Skids were great though, sung my heart out to Into The Valley.
  • Options

Sea Power (formerly British Sea Power) performing at Chalk, Brighton. They are always a good act live.
  • Options
    I saw Porridge Radio at The Old Market in Brighton. Looking forward to seeing them at O2 Shepherds Bush tomorrow. Seriously good up and coming band.