Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    And here is Porridge Radio at O2 Shepherds Bush. A big step up from anything they have played before as far as I know but they did brilliantly.
  • Options
    Took herself to the O2 last night to see the Kaiser Chiefs. They normally put on a good show, but Ricky was wasted and it was awful. The Sherlocks & The Fratellis were very good.
  • Options
    Took herself to the O2 last night to see the Kaiser Chiefs. They normally put on a good show, but Ricky was wasted and it was awful. The Sherlocks & The Fratellis were very good.
    Bet that wasn’t part of his coaching on The Voice 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    In the last few weeks I've seen both The Bug Club @ Scala and Confidence Man @ Koko.

Both brilliant gigs but Confidence Man really was something special. Having seen them at The Forum earlier in the year I really didn't think they'd be able to match that but my god they did.

My top 3 gigs this year are LCD Soundsystem, Confidence Man and Confidence Man!
  • Options
    A heads up for fans of The Jam. 
    You've probably seen it before but -
    The Story of The Jam is on Sky Arts Wed 23rd Nov @ midnight to 01:45 Thursday 24th.
    That's well worth watching, really good.

I'm going to an evening with Rick Buckler at the 100 Club in March, he's in conversation with Eddie Piller.
  • Options
    A heads up for fans of The Jam. 
    You've probably seen it before but -
    The Story of The Jam is on Sky Arts Wed 23rd Nov @ midnight to 01:45 Thursday 24th.
    That's well worth watching, really good.

I'm going to an evening with Rick Buckler at the 100 Club in March, he's in conversation with Eddie Piller.
    I should have Rick’s new book waiting for me when I get back from holiday.

https://omnibuspress.com/collections/coming-soon/products/the-jam-1982-special-edition-published-on-17th-november-2022

• Options
    edited November 2022
    off to Jamie T at Ally Pally tonight.  One of the more underrated acts of the last 15 years or all hype? (I obviously think the former).
  • Options
    I saw The Mountain Goats at Chalk Farm Roundhouse on Wednesday. I wasn't expecting to be overly impressed, but, to be fair, they were outstanding.

• Options
    Amon Amarth - I was impressed. If you like a bit of metal, they’re the best I’ve seen for a while. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    off to Jamie T at Ally Pally tonight.  One of the more underrated acts of the last 15 years or all hype? (I obviously think the former).
    My niece went. Loved the gig, but the Ally Pally is a friggin’ ball ache to get back to South East London from.  
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Chords UK doing a free gig at the Pelton Arms on Dec 17th.
  • Options
    Off to Wembley Arena Saturday to see Quo (again lol)
  • Options
    Fantastic gig, first time I’ve seen them live.

They were dead good back in the day, I hope Pauline's still got her voice.
  • Options
    Blossoms coming up at Brixton.  Thought they were excellent at Glasto (saw that on the TV, not live).
  • Options
    I’ll be there 
  • Options
    I’ll be there 
    Hoping to make it.
  • Options
    The Cure at Wembley Arena on Sun 11th Dec.
  • Options
    Blossoms coming up at Brixton.  Thought they were excellent at Glasto (saw that on the TV, not live).
    I've seen them supporting a couple of times.
    I find them a bit meh.
  • Options
    I'm going with a mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supported, I believe, by the fabulous Twilight Sad. If the order was reversed, I would go!
  • Options
    Supported, I believe, by the fabulous Twilight Sad. If the order was reversed, I would go!
    Have never heard of them, so just gave them a listen and like what I hear, so will try to get in early enough to watch them. Cheers.
  • Options
    Took my daughter to see Placebo at Brixton last Sunday. They were pretty good. Going to see The Reytons at The Electric Ballroom on 10/12.

Also saw Declan Welsh and The Decadent West at The Camden Assembly a couple of weeks ago. He was really good. Massive in Scotland and just starting to break down here.

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    McBobbin said:
    Guns N Roses at the Tottenham stadium this evening. Was good fun, even if Axl's voice was in a spot of bother, played most the the hits that he could handle!
    Friday night Axl's voice was probably OK but the sound of everything else was atrocious. The worst live sound I've experienced in 5 decades attending gigs.  Axl stopped things twice in response to comments he was getting from bods down the front.  That resulted in Slash's guitar getting much louder but nothing else improved.
    Stadium opened over an hour late - no communication, no explanations.
    First support, Michael Monroe, was cut with no announcement.
    Second support, Gary Clark Jnr, was appreciably louder than G'n'R, his sound wasn't great but much less bad than G'n'R's
    G'n'R started an hour later than advertised.
    Bars advertised closing time of 10:30pm all were shut by 9:30pm
    G'n'R did nearly 2 hours up to the encore -  we bailed then in favour of dodging the queues for public transport, there was no point sticking around to hear something like Paradise City.
    First time I've left a gig early just to make the journey home easier.
    £145 tickets and many people paid an awful lot more than that for a total effing shambles
    Anybody else been to spurs new gaff for a gig?  Is it an echo chamber or was G'n'R sound uniquely terrible? 
    Seems G'n'R are playing Hyde Park as one of the BST headliners next summer
    Based on this year's experience it can't be recommended.  They'll probably be there but you'll not hear anything worth the admission fee.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    BalladMan said:
    My niece went. Loved the gig, but the Ally Pally is a friggin’ ball ache to get back to South East London from.  
    It wasn't too bad (1.5 hours to New Eltham door to door after the gig).  Overground to Old St (25 mins), Northern Line to London Bridge, pick your train from there.  Getting on any transport from Ally Pally is hard work, but lovely venue.
  • Options
    Yard Act at Kentish Town Forum last night.  Played the songs quite differently to the album, which was a nice twist, but they seemed a bit bored of playing some of them (been playing these songs for 2 years now I would have thought).  Will be interesting to see where the next album takes them
  • Options
    Went to Sir Peter Blake's 90th birthday tribute.

Chrissie Hynde, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher, The Who and Madness.

All bloody brilliant and a great night at the Festival Hall. 
  • Options
    Went to Sir Peter Blake's 90th birthday tribute.

Chrissie Hynde, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher, The Who and Madness.

All bloody brilliant and a great night at the Festival Hall. 
    Nice one mate. I had a tickets in the basket for this, asked my wife if she wanted one and she reminded me it’s our daughter’s birthday the day after (today) and that we’d organised for her friends to come over. Was gutted, especially when my daughter found out afterwards and told me I should have gone and she wouldn’t have minded.

• Options
    Two tickets available to the Cure

Mon 12th Dec
    Wembley Arena
    Section 7
    Row M
    Seats 77-78
    Face value £60 each.

Tickets can be emailed via the exchange.

Im going the night before with my folks but had a drop out the following night and trains from Maidstone may be ropey.

Cheers.

• Options

Blossoms at Brixton tonight. Superb. Brought out some surprises: Mel C to do a Spice Girl’s song, Rick Astley to do a couple of Smiths songs, and a guitarist I’d never heard of, Miles Kane.