Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    What made it great was how well Evatts played. Fallon really earned it. Brilliant match. 
  • Options
    Brilliant, well done Fallon.
  • Options
    Fair play to Sherrock but personally i don't agree with how women should qualify by coming through separate qualifiers just for women.

Currently the PDC give two places each year to female players, but for me if they're going to compete in a mens tournament, then they should have to go through mens qualifiers. She's clearly proved women are capable of beating men and there's no reason to split them.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Fair play to Sherrock but personally i don't agree with how women should qualify by coming through separate qualifiers just for women.

Currently the PDC give two places each year to female players, but for me if they're going to compete in a mens tournament, then they should have to go through mens qualifiers. She's clearly proved women are capable of beating men and there's no reason to split them.
    Absolutely. Sherrock said that her win shows women can compete, and beat, their male counterparts.

Seems like the perfect time to make it a permanent mixed sport. There is now no reason why it shouldn't happen. Equality.
  • Options

Absolutely. Sherrock said that her win shows women can compete, and beat, their male counterparts.

Seems like the perfect time to make it a permanent mixed sport. There is now no reason why it shouldn't happen. Equality.

Agreed.

Although it is such a physical sport (those darts are heavy) that there perhaps should be some form of handicap. Maybe the ladies could stand nearer the board?

(ducks)
  • Options
    Suziki, was close the other day losing in the final leg. So glad Sherrock made it through, its a fantastic achievement. I know they have been trying to integrate snooker for a while, but in that there is a massive gap between the top females and even the top 100. This shows its possible for darts , I don't see a problem with them having a separate qualifying route. It gives good media coverage, although slightly unfair it shows they cant be too far away and can compete. She didn't beat a numpty Evetts has a lot of potential so cracking result.
  • Options
    My mate Josh Payne plays tonight.  A very winnable game for him too 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Agreed.

Although it is such a physical sport (those darts are heavy) that there perhaps should be some form of handicap. Maybe the ladies could stand nearer the board?

(ducks)
    You need reporting to HR for a comment like that ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Agreed.

(ducks)
    You need reporting to HR for a comment like that ...
    I've just handed myself in.
  • Options

Good luck to Josh
  • Options
    Last Christmas I gave you my darts, 
    Then the very next day you gave them away,
    This year to save me from tears,
    Ill give them to Fallon Sherock!
  • Options
    Fallon v Sulovic next. Will be great. Will be a shame to see Mensur get the pantomime villain routine as he seems like a really fun guy.  Hope he doesn’t get the hump with it all. 
  • Options

Good luck to Josh

He played well won 3-0, person he played I swear used to play quicker and now has no rhythm. Dimitri Van B next after the Sherock game on Saturday
  • Options
    off to ally pally for afternoon session 12 of us all in dartboard hats. 

although watching this years on telly does look a bit more stag do vibe the booing of players in particular is a wanker behaviour
  • Options

Good luck to Josh

He played well won 3-0, person he played I swear used to play quicker and now has no rhythm. Dimitri Van B next after the Sherock game on Saturday
    Yeah he played well. Spoke to him this morning & he was pleased.  Diogo didn't play well though 
  • Options
    off to ally pally for afternoon session 12 of us all in dartboard hats. 

although watching this years on telly does look a bit more stag do vibe the booing of players in particular is a wanker behaviour

My mate went yesterday, he said it was brilliant. Mardles top 3 they were first and chased the spicy pepper thing, I thought it was quite funny, didn't even recognise my mate until he messaged me lol

Stag do vibe, isn't the worse. But I agree not a fan with the booing that has crept in, such poor etiquette unless one of the players have deliberately set up to be the pantomime villain.

• Options
    Price is playing absolute shite.
  • Options
    I knew that comment would make him pick up a bit.
    Squeezed through thanks to a massive cock up by O'Connor, going for double 1, when it should have been double 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was fun
  • Options
    Wright scrapes through.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Amazing escape by wright after he did his best to cock it up. Am I the only one who finds the young bespectacled score announcer really irritating?  His unique pronunciation of “one hundred and fordeeeee” is a particular ear grater. I suppose the same could be said if the older bloke who looks like an ex boxer and sounds like he’s doing a massive clearance of his throat when he does “onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhuuuuuundred and eighty” but I guess I’ve just got used to him over the years. 
  • Options
    Amazing escape by wright after he did his best to cock it up. Am I the only one who finds the young bespectacled score announcer really irritating?  His particularly unique pronunciation of “one hundred and fordeeeee” is a particular ear grater. I suppose the same could be said if the older bloke who looks like and ex boxer and sounds like he’s doing a massive clearance of his throat when he does “onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhuuuuuundred and eighty” but I guess I’ve just got used to him over the years. 
    Yeah. I guess all the callers try to put their own unique stamp on it, but they're all uniquely annoying!
  • Options
    If Fallon Sherrock can hold her next throw she will be 2-0 up in sets over Mensur Suljovic
  • Options
    I get the cheering for Fallon but the unnecessary booing for Mesur I dont get he hasnt done anything wrong other than draw Fallon Sherrock
  • Options
    Booing is just an embarrassment.
  • Options
    She didnt hold and the 2nd set is 2-2
  • Options
    And its 1-1
  • Options
    Mensur was 2-0 ahead in set 3 and Sherrock won in 3-2 

She now leads 2-1 in sets